“Stand Out Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 756 Hotels in Bangkok
Mill Creek, Washington
“Stand Out Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We arrived at the Eastin by Taxi. Before we were properly settled on our feet, our bags had already been handled. The professionalism of the staff is second to none. As you enter the hotel you know that you are at a fine hotel and it does not disappoint. The rooms are clean comfortable and what anyone looking at this level of hotel would expect. One of the points that stands out for me is the breakfast that comes with the hotel room. If you are looking for Eastern or Western breakfast, you'll find it. I had oatmeal unlike anything that I have ever had. My wife loved the fruit selections and the baguettes. The pool and gym are first rate and sure to be enjoyed. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for fine accommodations at a very fair rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Brand new hotel with a direct access to BTS Surasak station. Gym is superb. Pool is decent with great city view but are usually occupied by smokers. Unfortunately this hotel does not have a 100% non-smoking policy in its facilities. Breakfast buffet is fantastic.

The only couple critisims we have are that: three out of four nights stay, we returned to our room after 5:45 pm and found that the room had yet been cleaned. The housekeeper told us that it's a hotel policy to clean the vacant rooms for new arrival guests first.

The waiting time for the elevators can be quite long but understandable.

There're several cabs waiting in line for passengers at the corner of the hotel. The door man/concierge called one of the cabs for us to the airport. After they loaded our luggages in the trunk and the cab was heading to the main road. We asked the cab driver why he didn't turn the meter on and was told that he had a deal with the hotel and concierge to pickup the passengers for a flat rate fee of 600 bath. We were surprised and a bit upset that the concierge omitted to advise us before boarding the cab.

Overall it's a decent brand new hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Have just stayed at this hotel for two nights before travelling down to Krabi for two weeks, was going to book another two nights for end of trip but glad I didn't! We've moved to the Hilton for the same money..... Firstly we checked in and they told us we didn't have the room we booked which meant we didn't get our Skytrain passes (which we had paid for), the room itself was lovely and clean but it's the service that really let's this place down. We waited hours for our luggage and had to call down when we couldn't wait any more, check in and reception staff were useless, there was a broken lift sat on our floor which meant no others would stop! Over priced food and drinks - expect to pay at least £4 for a small beer and £12 for a very small glass of wine! Breakfast had a really good choice but all other food was quite substandard and not worth the price you pay. Location wise it's not great but does have the train, taxis didn't know where it was so that caused a few problems! The pool is lovely (if a bit green) and looks out over the city so nice to relax with your expensive drinks, don't bother with the cocktails though! Overall it's fine but you can book so much better for the price and get MUCH better service. Won't be recommending it or staying again, I think this is more of a business trip hotel.

Room Tip: The views from the higher floors are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here for first 3 nights after a 25 hour flight from the USA. It was a great place to recover from severe jet lag. We found the room quiet and a very comfortable firm bed. I prearranged airport fast track service through Thailand customs and immigration as well as transfer to the hotel. The Eastin Grand met us as promised and all went quite smoothly. Check in was quick. They kept our room very clean. Room service was quick, 20 minutes. Although it was expensive. Very convient to the BTS skytrain. My only complaint about this hotel was that one must insert the room key into an electrical system to make the power work. The consequence is that the room was hot upon arrival, but it did cool down quickly. This key system seemed common across Thailand. Be sure to visit the pool at sundown for great views. The city was easy to explore form this hotel. The breakfast was fantastic with traditional American breakfast offerings as well as varied Asia inspired fare.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and 7-year-old son stayed at the Grand Eastin for two nights in mid-November 2012. We loved it! Out of the nine hotels we stayed in during our travels to Japan and Thailand, this one was the best by far.
Location: Great, right next to a metro stop and attached by a skywalk. There is not much to do in the hotel's vicinity (other than visit a 7-11 for snacks), but nothing is better than being so close to a metro that can take you to most of the city in minutes for a small fee.

Facilities: The rooms are lovely and the views are amazing. It helps that the hotel is only about 6 months old, so things are still new looking and very, very clean. The infinity pool overlooking the city was also delightful.

Value: At just over $100, this hotel was only slightly more expensive than other Thai hotels at which we stayed and was vastly superior. If you book directly through the hotel, you may be able to get four free all-day metro passes. Those and the free breakfast make it an even better deal.

Breakfast: The breakfast spread was amazing. As vegetarians, we were spending so much time looking for food we could eat in Asia that we had almost given up on eating anything other than fruit and assorted junk. When we saw the GE's breakfast we almost cried with joy. They had everything from a western style breakfast of pancakes and eggs to the eastern breakfast of miso soup, rice, and noodle dishes. It was heavenly.

Staff: The GE had the most responsive staff of any hotel we dealt with during our trip. They promptly responded to three different emails from me and arranged everything as I had requested. Most other hotels never responded to my emails or provided no email contact information at all.

Our only regret was that we didn't stay at the Grand Eastin longer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My friend recommended this hotel because it located near BTS station.
The doormen are really helpful and friendly. But I had to wait about 15 min for check in and 30min at the lobby for the room. I had to go for my friend’s wedding so I left my bag at the concierge. When I came back, I gave my luggage ticket to the reception and I had to wait for 20 min because the staff didn’t know where my key card was. I rushed to the room BUT my luggage was nowhere. After waiting for 15min, I called the hotel staff but I had to get it myself at concierge. This is the worst reception and concierge staff I ever met. I'm not sure that I will stay at this hotel again or not.

The room is really nice, clean and comfort. There are shampoo, foam bath, soap, body lotion, towel and shower cap. You must bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. For men, please bring your own shaving kit.

Pool and fitness are really good. Breakfast buffet is normal. There are 4 elevator which not enough so you might have to wait for 5min or more when use it.

- Chinese restaurant 'Chefman' is famous in town.
- On rainy day, enjoy traditional high tea at lobby lounge 'SWIZZLES'.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear yukimaze,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel on Trip Advisor as your feedback allows us to maintain the high standards expected by our guests and rectify any problems as soon as they occur.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our pool and fitness facilities as I consider them to be on a par with if not better than many of the well-known international luxury properties in Bangkok. I was also delighted that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable as we endeavor to give our guests as relaxing a time as possible during their stay.

I must express my great concern at your experiences with the reception and concierge service and offer my sincerest apologies for these. I cannot recall any of our guests having a problem with so many issues before therefore if you could kindly take the time to contact me via gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com with the details of your period of stay I will conduct a full personal investigation and attend to matters immediately so other guests are not inconvenienced in the same manner.

May I end by saying that we were delighted that we had the opportunity to serve you as our honored guest and hope that you have the chance to visit us again in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Bangkok, this is the first time I can walk directly onto the BTS Skytrain. It saves about 20 minutes in traveling time.

I would not recommend this hotel for a first time visitor, because you would missed out on the sound, smell, and street-life of Bangkok which is its charm and also its annoyance.

Everything about the hotel was above average, enjoy swimming in the edgeless pool on the 14th floor. The only criticism is a shortage of lifts for the size of the hotel, but I think the hotel was pretty full for the weekend. On Monday there was no problem.

It is excellent value for a 4.5*-5* hotel in Bangkok, its worth while to pay extra for a higher floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn? Share your experiences!