“Wannabe 5 stars” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

Save Saved
You added Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn to your Saves list
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33/1 South Sathorn Road | Yannawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #9 of 746 hotels in Bangkok
Nesodden
“Wannabe 5 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn claims to be a 5 star luxury hotel, but I don't agree. The Oriental, Hyatt Erawan, Conrad etc. are 5 star luxury hotels in Bangkok.
Having said that, there are a couple of things that can be said to be worthy of 5 stars, and that is the pool area and the proximity to the BTS (Skytrain). The pool area is stunning and it is very easy to reach most areas of Bangkok with the BTS right on your doorstep.

Otherwise Eastin is more like a 4 star hotel. The service, food, facilities, building material, fittings etc is the same as you find in so many other Bangkok hotels, and does not stand out noticeably from the crowd. Also the waiting time for the elevators is much too long. 4 elevators to service so many rooms and visitors is not enough. After breakfast I experienced a long line waiting for the elevators. Also the hotel seems to be a little understaffed, which is not common to see in Thailand.

But, don't get me wrong. Eastin is a really nice place, and for the price, it is fine. But, it needs to improve on many areas before it can claim to be a 5 star luxury hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

the hotel staff is more than friendly
the location is great right by the BTS station - take the stairs from the Lobby and you are already at the BTS station
the food was great - buffet breakfast had a great verity and everything was fresh
buffet dinner was excelent
the best part is the pool on the 14th floor where you see big part of Bangkok beneath you
it is an amazing spot to relax and enjoy yourself
the room was big with internet access
great value for what we paid

Room Tip: been on the 22nd floor in a very nice room with a great view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel, and I will stay here again during my next visit to Bangkok. Great location, located directly across from BTS with a private walkway so you do not have to cross the street.
Hotel was very clean, all hotel staff was very friendly.
Room was great and we had a standard room. Clean, welcoming, modern.
The view from the pool is great. Excellent view of the state tower. We also enjoyed the funky pool chairs that were in the wading area of the pool.
Breakfast was delicious. They had an excellent selection of Western and Thai food.

Room Tip: Standard room is just fine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The reception was warm and friendly
The rooms and hotel were very clean
The location is excellent
The breakfast has wide variety and great
The pool has an infinity view of the city
What can I say, I'll be back!!

• Stayed November 2012
Milton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel had only been open a couple of months before we arrived so smelt all nice and new.

We had a superior double room with two wardrobes, en-suite with sink, toilet and shower. All very nice and new, the shower was awesome and had a seat built in to it.

The pool looked nice but was cold in October. The food around the pool area was a bit pricey but tasted lovely.

The buffet, well what can I say about the buffet?? I have travelled to many countries and spent time eating breakfasts in different places. The breakfast buffet was enormous and one of the best of I have seen. The range of choice was second to none and the food was cooked well and not over cooked or left out for too long so went rubbery. You could see in to the kitchen which was sparkling.

The staff all appeared to enjoy their jobs and were all dressed beautifully. The hotel was attached to the train line and it made getting around so much easier.

The rooms were maintained every day and we were happy with the service we received from arriving to leaving.

I would recommend this hotel and hope to travel back to Bangkok soon.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 22nd floor and the views were nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

nice lobby, take the stairs from the Lobby and you are already at the BTS station. it's good if u plan to cross the river via a boat with cost just baht150 only!!! Take BTS to sathorn Taksin...
easy via bts to SIAM as well. this place is not as seedy at Sukhumvit area of Nana and Soi Cowboy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stay at this hotel for 4 days for leisure. Had booked through booking.com.
When checked-in, encountered a long process and was delayed as the GSA was trying her best to up-sell another room category. In the end accepted her suggested to sky room for good view.
Thought the room had excellent view but was disappointed with the amenities, no bath tub, no coffee tea facilities, air-con temp was poor and room slippers could not fit my Asian feet.
Ordered room service, but was irritated by the requested feedback as when I told them that a dish was not good, they simply stated that they will tell the Chef and hung up the phone.
Upon an early check-out at 6.30am, the GSA was horrendous, she must have her hand full on the night shift that I felt that she was unhappy processing the check-out.
Location is excellent with many food stalls. However, will not returned as I will be able to find better properties.
Last of all, I was supposed to be provided with a day of BTS free pass but was not given.

Room Tip: There are better hotels in Bangkok with better amenities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear pt13308,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor as your feedback is essential in ensuring that our high standards of comfort, service and amenities are maintained and any problems rectified in a timely manner.

I must sincerely apologize that certain aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations and assure you that where necessary immediate action will be taken.

Regarding your experience upon checking in, I regret that you were delayed by our staff offering another room category but in many instances our guests appreciate moving to one of our sky rooms as the views are, as you experienced, indeed excellent and for many guests a real highlight of their trip. Our sole intention is to provide the guests with as enjoyable a stay as possible. However I will reinforce with my Front Office management the need to expedite the check-in to ensure guests are inconvenienced to a bare minimum.

Apart from deluxe rooms and suites our rooms do not come with a bathtub as standard and I am sorry if you were not made aware of this. Every room in the hotel has tea and coffee making facilities and I will be investigating if your room was missing these items. I will endeavor to find out which room you stayed in and instruct my engineers to handle the air conditioning issue. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. As you are the only person to ever comment on the size of the room slippers I regret that they were not of a suitable size for your feet.

I will be delving into your interaction with our staff at check-out and room service and taking all necessary steps to ensure these things do not happen again as we pride ourselves on the superlative service we offer our guests and a poor staff attitude will not be tolerated.

Concerning your comment about the complimentary BTS Sky Train passes, I would like to inform you that these are only available with special packages made directly through our hotel website.

I would like to end by saying what a delight it was to serve you as our honoured guest and that we hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Been to Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn? Share your experiences!