“Fun and delicious experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sompong Thai Cooking School

Sompong Thai Cooking School
31/11, Silom Soi 13, Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 357 activities in Bangkok
Type: Classes/Workshops
Attraction Details
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“Fun and delicious experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you can, do the morning class because they take you to a local market. I loved the explanation of all the ingredients (some things I didn't even know existed!) and possible substitutes if you can't find a certain ingredient in your home country. The facility was sweet and homey, and very clean. The staff were friendly and wonderful - Teacher Koy was great. Food was excellent!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
“ABSOLUTELY A MUST IF YOU´RE IN BANGKOK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We took the class with Amp and had lots of fun, went to the market and she thoroughly explained a lot about local ingredients and how to pick them. Then we proceeded to cooking and attention to detail is amazing. The best cooking lesson I´ve had so far, I would absolutely recommend it and at this school, price-quality relationship the best.

Singapore, Singapore
“Well explained and easy to follow steps.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been to other cooking classes in Thailand before attending this cooking school. I found the instructor (Ms Koy) here very good. She patiently explained the processes and the reasons behind every step so that you can cook the perfect curry. Other kitchen tips, such as the proper way of squeezing a lime also drew oohs and aahs from us.

The kitchen setting and individual cook stations gave us ample space to cook in comfort.

Really like their little touches such as putting a small incense clay stove under each table so as to keep the mosquitoes at bay.

Well worth the money.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Thai Food Cooking Class in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went to Sompong Thai Cooking School yesterday. It was my first cooking class. Koy (teacher) made my first time cooking experience fun and memorable. She was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. She gave a very clear and detailed instruction, also tricks of cooking Thai food. Just follow her simple steps; before you know it you are able to made tasty Thai plates. Her crews, which consist of five people, also did an excellent job of taking care all of students. I highly recommend to anyone who wants to learn how to cook delicious homemade Thai food.

San Diego, California
“Highly recommended for anyone who like Thai food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm half Thai and have been to Thailand many times to visit relatives. My Thai mom is a great cook and have taught me how to cook many Thai dishes. I went to Sampong cooking school to add more knowledge to what I already know. After taking the class, I found out that I know very little. I wish I have taken this class from my first trip to Thailand 20 years ago. All the dishes were delicious (better than my mom's cooking) or any Thai restraurant that I have eaten in the U.S. The class was fun, and very informative with excellent instructors. You will cook and eat the food that you cook. I took left overs home for my mom to try and she was impress as well. We were also given recipes for all the dishes. I highly recommend this class for anyone who like Thai food.

Visited August 2013