“Great location, Standard hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amora Neoluxe

You added Amora Neoluxe to your Saves list
Amora Neoluxe
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   6/1 Sukhumvit Soi 31 (Sawasdee) | Sukhumvit Road Klongtonnua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand   |
Ranked #127 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location, Standard hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose this hotel mostly because of the location. I love the Sukhumvit area and this place is right there. Only a 10 minute walk from Terminal 21 and Asok Station. You get what you pay for pretty much.

Pros: It provides all the amenities and facilities one would expect from a hotel. Everything was clean, working, and up to standard. Staff was very helpful, they let me check in at 9am when I arrived at 7am on the train even though regular check in time was at 14:00.

Cons: The only downside to my room was that some parts of the walls that touch the floorboards were cracked and looked quite unattractive. It didn't bother my stay at all, but it was just something I noticed.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Thai first
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I stayed there several times. Mostly choose this hotel because of location. I can't say that it is really great or bad hotel. So-so. Quality of service is very primitive and what's more I was in a hurry and forgot to take safe deposit back and they even didn't remind me about that - it was not really good attitude. Breakfast menu also standard but quite tasty. Also I should admit that sometimes they just forgot to clean your room.
Wi-fi isn't fast but still ok. Also there is nice swimming pool on the roof.

Room Tip: Better to choose upper room because less of noise from street coming.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
irvine, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, first when we arrived we were shocked due the differences between the images posted on expedia and the actual hotel. The room is small and bed sheets weren't clean, the gym and pool open from 8am- 9 pm but no one goes up to the pool because it is dirty and very very small.
Breakfast was not good at all, so if you can book the room w/o breakfast for cheaper cost I suggest you to do so.
The night staff is unfriendly and w/e you request from him his main answer is "No" or "I don't know, you have to check" ,he is always sleeping...on other hand the girl works during the day shift is very friendly and helpfull.
We also notice that the cleaning crew never changes the bed sheets, the towels are old and always looked dirty, I had to request new or cleaning towels ever day.

The only 2 reasons I didn't change the hotel was I couldn't get a refund from expedia and we were out and about for 12+hours a day, so we literally only used the hotel to lay our heads.

Good location, near the sky train(BTS).

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Oelde, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel comes with modern, albeit compact, rooms with all the amenities needed. Breakfast was varied and decent quality. It was strange walking by the staff at reception without even a greeting, but they did a good job and we had no problems during our 7 day stay. Access to the skytrain and underground is just a relatively short walk away, as are Soi Cowboy, shopping opportunities and good restaurants. An excellent price-benefit ratio, we would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive short-term stay in central Sukhumvit. Pat and Tik

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Located on Soi 31, Its a good location- just off Sukhumvit road.

Greeted by nice front desk staff late at night.

Room is well appointed for business, although internet speeds could be improved.

Breakfast was plentiful and had a nice range, was included in my rate.

It was the small things that let this property down, frayed towels, door lock needed re-coding, basin faucet was loose, toilet sprayer was leaking, and some minor leak marks around the shower. The property was immaculately clean, just lacking some minor maintenance.

Check out was speedy, and all staff encountered from Front desk, to HK, to maintenance to breakfast staff were professioanl and couteious at all times.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night to end our trip in Thailand Trip, I hadn't read the reviews before I booked else I wouldn't have stayed here. The morning we were due to checkout we went downstairs for breakfast, we put the do not disturb sign on the door so that the maid would not clean the room. Once checked out and on our way to the airport we checked our money only to realise $400 had been stolen which was hidden in my backpack why we went for breakfast. Please do not go to this hotel it is a scam when you go for breakfast the maid will enter your room and steal from you, if only I had checked the reviews and also taken all my personal belongings to breakfast with me!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our money was stolen by the housekeeper during a very short time we left our room for breakfast after the very first night. Luckily, we put the majority of our pocket money and important documents in the locker. We left some small banknotes in the wallet. The housekeeper managed to take away one 50-euro banknote from my wallet and 500-baht note from my boyfriend's. Bless ourselves lucky or not, she thought she could just get away with it by just slipping her hands into our wallet and only taking one banknote among all others in our wallets in the hopes that we wouldn't notice the loss. Gladly, we did. We contacted assistant front office manager right away regarding to the issue. Instead of compensating our dissatisfaction right away, it took the hotel staffs FOREVER to correct the issue with us until I really had to confront them about filing a police report. We even emailed general manager and our issue had also been ignored. We never got assistance in providing us relevant proof of entry through CCTV camera, which we find this to be really suspicious as other hotels would really cooperate in identifying convicted person by providing any kinds of evidence to help us as their customers out. We seriously have doubts about all the hotel employees were in the money theft altogether as they were not much of any help or even tried to be. It wasn't a big money but the whole principle of running a honorable business in this hotel is totally unacceptable. We got to check out tripadvisor reviews of this hotel during our stay and we were appalled to know that another customer encountered the same money theft issue by the housemaid in this hotel just like us. Luckily, I am also a Thai citizen and do not want to tolerate this malpractice as I'm sure most foreign tourists will not be able to have enough time to fight this issue with the hotel. This place really gives Thai tourism a bad name.

Moreover, our general impression towards the overall hotel staffs is disastrous. It's almost like they pull pug's faces at all times and work like mindless robots. The room is NOT clean. Dust appears in many areas throughout the room. Breakfast is typical and mostly the same every single day. The bedroom part is much smaller comparing to the bathroom area. Anyone who designed the room here must be used to sleeping in the bathroom as the bedroom space is not proportionally right to the whole area. Save yourself a heartbreak and spend your bucks elsewhere. There're better hotels at this price. Or if you'd like to have an adventure in crime like money theft and robbery during your travel, this one is perfect for you!

Room Tip: DON'T EVER, EVER, EVER STAY HERE AT AMORA NEOLUXE HOTEL. If all else fails, never leave the room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Amora Neoluxe? Share your experiences!