“Unique, Great Service, and Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LiT BANGKOK Hotel

You added LiT BANGKOK Hotel to your Saves list
LiT BANGKOK Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   36/1 Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Road | Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 , Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Spa treatment!
Ranked #41 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Unique, Great Service, and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a Different Degree Room for two nights while on our honeymoon after visiting Koh Samui. The rooms are very modern with layouts that are unusual from most hotels, but work. The only thing that didn't make sense to me is the location of the toilet in our room.
The gym (Jim) was exceptional with pretty much any piece of equipment you'd need to get in a good workout and was well maintained. The pool (Pooh) was on the 2nd floor roof. I took a dip and swam a few laps while lazying around one of the mornings.
The complimentary breakfast had a wide spread and eggs to order. Before going out at night, we sat on the deck outside the restaurant and had a couple glasses of wine. The service was great all around.
My wife got a massage and said it was probably the best she's ever had.
Regarding the location, despite being in a central part of the city, the only attraction we found directly around us was the mall. However, the rail stop is right down the street, which got us around the city. I wish I had done a little more research on the area before visiting and maybe I would've found something else in the area.
I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in Bangkok. The staff particularly helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at Lit for 2 nights at the end of our holiday in Thailand, when we first arrived I wasn't sure about the side street location of the hotel, after we checked in we decided to go and explore the surrounding area, well if you turn right out of the hotel and cross the road you are in MBK centre - literally a 3 min walk, also the National Stadium Sky train station is located in the same area as MBK, my main point to stop in Bangkok was to shop so the Lit was in the perfect location for us. The hotel itself is really modern and has everything you could possibly need, the rooms are all done in a quirky style, we were in a different degree room and I loved how the bathroom was built around the back of the room to give more space in the bedroom, I also liked the little extras they did, for example they offer a free 10 minute after shopping massage per stay, a celebration drink at 1830 daily and who could forget the Pink Tuck Tuck that is there to whiz you here there and everywhere free of charge. The food at the hotel was also really good, there was a good breakfast buffet daily and we did eat in the restaurant twice for dinner, they have lots of good offers which make it cost effective. All in all I loved the style of the Lit and would recommend it for anyone wanted to shop till they drop in Bangkok.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had flown in on a red eye night flight to Bangkok and was tired and really wanted to get a shower. I arrived VERY early at 7:30am when I only had a booking for the next night. I asked them if they had any room and I would pay for an extra night. While they scrammed to prepare a room for me they took me to the spa area where I was all alone and had a shower and freshened up. By 9AM they had the room ready. They charged nothing extra for the early checkin. The room was very charming and nice. The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to the skytrain. It was my first time in Bangkok and I found it very easy and cheap to get from the airport to this hotel using only the cool air-conditioned train. I will most definitely go back to this hotel when I go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the LIT in Aug-13, and overall had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the train line and 10 minutes from a number of major shopping malls. our room was well priced, and the hotel is still quite new and well equipped with a good size pool, spa/sauna, free internet access etc. The staff were very friendly, particularly in the restuarant, which also served an excellent breakfast with a buffet offering a good range of hot and cold food and a choice of made-to-order hot meals.
A few negatives were: 1) our room was slightly oddly designed in that there was no separate bathroom - the sink and bar fridge, tea/coffee making facilities etc shared the same bench space, and the bath was also in the room with you (although there was a curtain that could be placed around it). That said, the room was a good size and in good condition; 2) there is another hotel being built immediately next door, so our view consisted of a construction site, and will eventually be blocked entirely once the new hotel is completed; 3) we ate one dinner in the restaurant and ordered very traditional Thai meals - a duck stir fry and a massaman curry - while these were enjoyable, they included a number of unusual ingredients (in an apparent attempt to provide a "new" twist) which didn't really work and the servings were very small for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel during new year.
This hotel is paradise! I read many review about the location and they are true! This hotel is just a few steps from busy town(center of Bangkok). When you arrive at the hotel, you will feel like home, their staffs are super friendly. I feel so relax when stay at this hotel. Don't forget to try their spa, kiriya spa!, one of the best I have ever tried. I will definitely come back to this place again!

• Stayed January 2013
spore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

i stayed here for 4 nights , the reception staff and lobby staff are nice. the place seems not crowded and it gives me a cosy feel ..

the toilet was specially located behind the bed.. weird angle but leave a deep impression... the room suits couples the most.... cos not much privacy... as the toilet's door is a curtain...
just feel that the basin is a bit far from the toilet bowl... this layout may not suit elderly ... and bathroom floor can be very slippery when wet... my hubby slip at the shower area, maybe to provide an anti-slip mat will be good.

housekeeping not that good. didnt replenish the hotel's supplies of tooth brush throughout the stay . even i used up the tissue, cotton pads, there isn't any replenishment. and the most Uncomfortable experience is ....

one of the days , we went out in the morning and back around 5pm plus. we take a quick rest and prepare ourselves for the evening activities... when we left and back to our room around 11pm plus, i feel something is weird... i got extra 2 bottles of water, my glass on the table was gone, the coffee table was shifted ...at that instance, it kind of scare me off... quickly ask hubby to check toilet if got anything... and it just make me and my hubby feel so uncomfortable... i even want to ask the receptionist whether do this hotel do housekeeping TWO times a day? but my hubby say dont ask better....

so for the other days, we always put a do not disturb signs if we intend to go out in the evening...

when we check out, we got bill for extra snack that we didnt even consume....in end the staff didnt charge us as i insist i didnt take but if u want me to pay, i will pay loh... i also ask the staff whether they do TWO times housekeeping a day but she say only one time... Err!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. The rooms were innovatively designed, bright, spacious and very comfortable. Beds are soft and comfortable and rooms are clean. Free wifi is available. Besides a buffet spread for breakfast, one can also order items from a menu and these items are served warm and straight from the kitchen. Meals at the hotel restaurant are reasonable if one does not wish to venture out at night. Staff are attentive and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to the public transportation system, BTS. The station where one can board the public train is the National Stadium BTS. For the keen shopper, the hotel is also within walking distance to big shopping malls such as MBK, the Siam Centre, Zen and the Platinium Fashion Mall. For those who wish to have a good massage after a tired day's work, they can have a choice of where to get such a treatment - either in the hotel spa or one located just across the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to LiT BANGKOK Hotel? Share your experiences!