“Best way to see a lot of Bangkok in a short time” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 465 Activities in Bangkok
5.0 of 5 stars 500 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Follow Me on a guided Bangkok bicycle tour, it's the only way to experience the real Bangkok. Discover so much more of Bangkok by bicycle. Our local guides love to share their passion for Thailand and they will leave you with an unforgettable experience Relax in our beautiful shaded green garden and enjoy a free fish foot spa and cold drinks at our licensed bar. We will also send you a free link to download your photograph album after the tour. Our Bangkok bicycle tours are suitable for all ages and fitness levels, so what's stopping you? Follow Me on a cultural adventure
New York City, New York
“Best way to see a lot of Bangkok in a short time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I agree with everything that everyone else has already said. I would add that biking is a terrific way to get around Bangkok when it's warmer, as you get a breeze and it's much cooler in the little lanes than out on big roads. I highly recommend them.

Visited March 2013
FollowMeBangkok, Owner at Follow Me Bike Tours, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear TA reviewer,

Thank you very much for your positive review on Follow Me. I agree 100% with what you are saying about the wetter. Bangkok is hot indeed. But cycling around requires hardly any effort and the cool breeze gained is certainly a reward. Most back streets we cycle are shaded so you never in the sun for to long.

Chicago
6 attraction reviews
“Must do in Bangkok!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fantastic day wandering around the streets of Bangkok! We saw things that we would NEVER find on our own. The guide was outstanding and was very attentive to everybody on the trip. Day ended up with a nice dinner and they shared all the pics they took on the ride. Highly recommend!

Dear TA reviewer,

Thank you so much for joining us on our tours. Very happy to read that you had an excellent experience with us and enjoyed dinner after the tour. Pictures are as always being emailed to you and hope you liked those.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Follow Me Bike Tours Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you are a traveller not a tourist and you visit Bangkok then you simply must see the city on a bike.

Follow Me Bike Tours provide a couple of excellent ways to experience Bangkok.

The guide was a local, the bikes were good, the routes were great and the cost reasonable. Afterwards we had a snack and you could refresh your feet in the fish tank!

A word of warning, please don't do this if your bike riding skills are a bit rusty........the routes are often on narrow lanes and alleys, or on raised access paths...........and finally in small sections on the main roads.

I would thoroughly recommend Follow Me as an adventure when you visit BKK.

Visited February 2013
Dear TA reviewer,

Thank you for leaving us with an excellent rated review. More so we would like thank you for pointing out that bicycle skills are required and if you do have those an excellent time can be had.

Best regards,

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
“Eat well and work it off!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We did a full day tour with Follow Me Bike Tours the other day. The tour consisted of half a day of walking / tasting street food in the city, followed by an afternoon of biking around the congested but colorful streets of the old city.

Bangkok is an exciting city and I'm very glad that we signed up for such a tour. We discovered local treasures and also explored the city from a new perspective. Having said that we felt a few things could have been done better:

Food tour: The morning exploring food was great and the better part of the day for sure. They told us to show up without eating breakfast. We were hungry when we arrived at the meeting point and it took us another hour before we were guided to the the first tasting So basically until 11 am we had not eaten or drunk anything and had starting getting a headache walking around hungry on the hot streets. This may be ok for some but my friend and I are used to eating a decent breakfast to start the day. Our guide (can't remember her name offhand) was very sweet, informative and friendly. I'd recommend that they either advise us to eat breakfast beforehand, or provide us some munchies to get the morning started. Another bit of false advertising: They told us that we are not required to carry any money as they'll look after food / drinks. Sorry not true We had to buy our own water, coffee etc. We were probably a bit aggravated because we didn't get any food almost until lunch time.

Bike tour:
The bike tour was fun definitely a great workout. We were unfortunately rushed through busy streets on a hectic schedule and didn't really have time to understand or explore. Plus it was a big group and I think the guide (who was working hard) was over-stretched trying to manage the different skill-levels and having to run off every few minutes looking for folks who had fallen behind. It's great to cover ground but without context or guiding we don't really know what we are seeing. I recommend equipping the guide and the riders with handsets so we can be better informed about what we are visiting. A lot of us could have used a break or two to refuel and recharge, however we didn't appear to have the time to do so. We had a few folks falling off their bikes in the rush to get back ( as it was getting dark). Maybe reduce the length of the tour spending more time at each place (quality over quantity)? After arrival we didn't find the well-anticipated BBQ but were instead asked to order a small thai dish from a takeaway restaurant. No explanations provided.

I do recommend the guided food tasting / bike tour as a great way to explore BKK but would urge readers to do their research thoroughly on selecting the right outfitter.

Visited January 2013
FollowMeBangkok, Owner at Follow Me Bike Tours, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear TA reviewer,

Many thanks for your review. It is a bit sad to hear through this community that you did not like our tour. Neither do we understand why you post this nearly 3 months after your tour but in the meantime emailed us before your review to collect the complementary pictures that our guide makes during the tour.

It has struck us as we can't find any fault. Reading your review I read so many details that are not 100% true at all.

Please read my comments below on your review:

You: We did not got our first dish till at least 1 hour in the tour.
Me: You booked the tour at the last minute, 1.5 hours before the tour started. To me this sounds like you already had your breakfast and looking to do something for the day. If you and your friend really like a good breakfast for the day and you booked this tour 1.5 hrs before the start of the tour I believe that you already had your breakfast. Most happy to provide your booking details. Further to that I would like to add that the 1 restaurant is just around the corner and according to the receipts from that restaurant and the time stamp you had your first dish at 10:31AM.

You: Falls advertising! You need to carry money to buy water
Me: Another falls statement! At your first dish you are served food and you also get your 1st drink which is a bottle of water with choice of Coke or Pepsi. Your first dish was at the muslim restaurant where you also has a bottle of water. Again, we have receipt to prove this. We serve drinks all the time but if you want an expresso at a muslim restaurant we can't do that. We will need to get this for you from another source. You were told this but you where not happy with the answer from our "very sweet" guide that morning.

You: "Bit aggravated as no food till lunch time"
Me: First you say that we did not serve you anything till11am and now you claim you got aggravated cause you had nothing till lunch almost time. I am sorry.. I have no comments to this as it is already very clear that you are reviewing us 3 months later in a not so nice manner. Was it not 11AM you claimed your first dish appeared after booking this tour 1.5 hours before departing time? Now you say that its almost Lunch time.

You: We were rushed through the tour and had no time to hear or explore
Me: Again you are making a false statement. You were never rushed at anyway. As our guides make pictures with a device that also tracks their speed and stops through a GPS operated camera . We use this to monitor the guides performances and as I looked at this I found nothing wrong at all! In fact you wearing the funky sun glasses seem to have the best fun out of all looking at the pictures your guide took.

You: The group was to big and guide overstretched
Me: 8 people on your tour with 2 guides. 1 up front and the second at the back.

You: It would ave been good if we could have had a break or 2 during the trip.
Me: Again a false claim. You had several breaks and the GPS and tour pictures proof that. In my personal message to you when I asked to explain what was wrong you even mentioned that you where given drinks out of plastic bags during one of those stops. My explanation is again very simple since we are dealing for 80% with tourists. The plastic bags with your drink are part of the tour. Part of the experience. Again I have the pictures of your tour and also emailed you those upon your request. So you did have at least 3 stops!

You: After your tour you could not find the well anticipated BBQ
Me: Again false! All guest are asked to watch our instruction movie before the start of the tour. You watched it as well! During that video we explain very very clear that you have a group choice on what you want to eat for lunch/ dinner. Even when certain people in the group don't want the Thai food we still allow for a BBQ in a separate manner. The guides even ask each and every one again. Never been a problem. You choose to have Thai diner instead of BBQ with all other riders on the group.

I could go on and on defending myself. But at the end of the day this is how you felt and we are sorry for that of course. However I do stand for what we put out everyday and am pretty shocked by what you are portraying and those are my honest reviews on your review. As a tour operator we are powerless against reviews and our only tool is telling our side toward what has been published and what I wrote is the truth and nothing else.

Grenoble, France
21 attraction reviews
“Backstreet Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my third trip to Bangkok and it was thanks to the bike tour that I got to see sights I had never seen before - you get to see the major sights as well as riding through old, typical backstreets and through the heart of the markets.
You don't need to be an experienced bike rider or fully fit as the 20 kilometer tour is done at a leisurely pace with plenty of stops for refreshments or to take photos. I would, however, recommend doing the 8 am tour as the temperature was around 38C by the time we finished.
Top, our guide, made it easy for us and made sure that riding on the main roads was nowhere near as daunting as feared. He was extremely attentive to our needs and an interesting tour guide as well.
The team at the club house were so friendly and helpful and the whole experience is fun and customer centred - a great way of seeing Bangkok, great value for money and an experience you won't forget in a hurry!

Visited February 2013
FollowMeBangkok, Owner at Follow Me Bike Tours, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear TA reviewer,

On behalf of all of us at Follow Me Bike Tours a massive thanks for you excellent review. It was a true pleasure having you and your wife on our tour and hopefully we can show you more of Bangkok on your fourth trip to Bangkok.

Raymond