“Good food explains the queues for it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Rajdamri Road, Patumwan | CentralWorld Shopping Centre Level 7 No.4, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 02 646 1282
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #569 of 7,318 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese, Dim Sum
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Good food explains the queues for it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Food quality is decent and is just like the 1 in Sydney CBD i have nothing bad to say about the 1 in Central World but unfortunately the price racked up to be the same as Sydney. Service is great and prompt. There are massive queues with people taking numbered tickets waiting to be called and selecting things from the menu, it is very favoured amongst those in bangkok.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
“It used to be good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I dine at this restaurant exactly last year and i remember the taste and quality is much better. I always ordered the same types of dishes so i was rather surprise this year the standard seems to drop. And its different by days too.

We were first there on a Sat evening (around 6pm). Had to take a ticket and waited about 10mins. The restaurant isn't pack so maybe it's just crowd control. Ordered shrimp fried rice(slightly oily, you can see the oil remaining on the plate), stirred fried spinch(best dish among my order), pork dumplings(their signature dish- pork has a slightly off taste), chicken dumplings(my partner thinks it's yummy), beancurd with mince pork and mushroom as a starter (came as a starter) and pork buns (well my partner assumed it was BBQ pork buns but it's not)

We returned again on Wed around 5.30pm (no waiting this time). Ordered shrimp fried rice(again slightly oily), stirred fried spinch(again best dish among my order), skip pork dumplings, chicken dumplings(my partner says this time round there's too much coriander in it. I like coriander and even i think there's too much), beancurd with mince pork and mushroom as a starter (came after all the dishes were out and we are halfway through) and one yam bun(very dry)

So in my opinion, the standard of the food has dropped. I enjoyed the food in this place but i won't be that eager to go back again in my next trip to BKK.

One thing I have to say though is the standard of the good customer service has definitely maintained. the way the ordering system works is they cross check with you all your items on the list you had marked, in my first visit the waitress even turn to the page and pointed at the items. when your food is delivered, the item on the receipt is crossed out. Once all items are delivered they turn over the clipboard to indicate there's no more outstanding order. Service staff are friendly and smiling.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mmm Dumplings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I don't eat pork and so I couldn't have alot of what they offered, BUT there were still many many delicious options for me. I really liked the chicken dumplings and the fried rice1

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

What can I say? Din Tai Fung really deserves its "Best Restaurant in the world" title. My son and I ordered a beef noodle soup (slightly spicy), a plain noodle mixed in its house special sauce (my son loved it), and of course, its famous steamed dumpling. We enjoyed everything we ordered, it was a good meal.

Visited May 2013
“Dim sum fix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is one of my favourite easy restaurants, its located in Central World close to the Food Hall and Cinema.
Having frequented Din Tai Fung previously while living in Singapore and Hong Kong I was pleased to find it when we moved to Bangkok
The xiao long bao (pork soup dumplings) are a must try as are the shrimp wonton, duck spring roll & pork fried rice. If you arrive a little before 12 for lunch then usually your wait is not long but arrive at 12:30 and there could be 50+ people ahead of you, though its worth the wait.. Its clean and works like a machine, you can watch the chefs making dumplings through the window.
Dinner time is not as busy as lunch though can be at weekends..
ENJOY