“small space, big sound” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“small space, big sound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Cozy neighborhood bar, great live music with some fun lovely musicians. The decor was cute, very nautical. A nice place to sit, relax, throw some back and enjoy some live music. It's a small space so go a bit early if you want a good spot by the band.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Best bar we visited in Bk. excellent live music, interesting and just odd enough crowd, fun wait staff, good food. Just a great vibe.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok
“Small and cozy and good for live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I popped into here last night with my daughter after finding Iron Fairies has closed down. The live band was a rockabilly combo with a female singer doing great fifties/swing versions of contemporary songs. The mixed crowd loved it and created a great atmosphere.
On the food side, the fish and chips is as good as everybody says!
Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Bangkok Residents, not impressed, left wondering why the hype?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Date night for my wife and I usually means traveling to an area of Bangkok, and hitting several venues. We decided on the Be-Seen Plaza on Thonglor because we liked the small bars attached to the plaza, and wanted an easy night out. We have lived in Bangkok for 7 months and have date nights once or twice a week.
On our arrival the Host and staff were fantastic, sat us down and presented menus. We ordered our first cocktails and I watched in shock as a medium sized rat, crawled down the wall, in between the steel wall decorations from the ceiling to the floor, six inches from my wife's back. I told her not to turn around, and when she asked why, I told her it was a large gecko lizard. Rats and roaches are a common sight in Bangkok, and she really wanted to try this eatery.
She ordered a dirty martini, and I ordered a house specialty drink, served in a martini glass. The drinks seemed small, and my wife ordered her's "dirty". The waiter did not comprehend dirty, and smiled and brought a three olive martini. We actually are very easy going, so we were happy with the drinks.
Our appetizers were the onion rings and the warm olive plates. The appetizers were good, but the olive bowl was just a bowl of black olives, green olives and mandarins orange slices, warmed in a small bowl. We happen to like olives so we were happy, the onion rings were served with a tartar sauce. We were very happy with the onion ring. They had a great flavor, not to much batter and served hot.
Our main courses were the ribs, and the T-bone. My wife's rib plate was large and zesty. The rib sauce was fantastic, tangy and spicy. The only problem was the temperature of the ribs. They were served cool, which gave the meat an unpleasant taste.
I had originally asked if they had a house burger, and was told they could order it from their sister establishment, "Iron Fierys" , down the street. I said no thank you. In turn, I ordered the t-bone, medium rare. This was supposed to be premium Australian beef. It was not. It was also served cold. It was over seasoned, and I think it spent to much time on a stove top. It was more well on one side, and near raw on the other. I have rather low expectations for any steak served in Bangkok, because this is not a steak town, but for the price, and the reputation of the eatery, I was disappointed.
The next issue was the older, larger, high intoxicated French speaking gentleman that was seated directly behind me, with his " date". This guy was plastered. My wife and I are not old prudes, and live in Bangkok, so we are not shocked by this type of behavior, but it was obvious sitting this blathering offensive person next to my wife and I was not the best choice of seating. (We had been seated for 30 minutes before they arrived)
The food and drinks here are expensive, and not on par with the many other eateries in Bangkok in the same price range. We probably should have left when the rat appeared.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gold Coast
“Best Fish and Chips outside Oz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I ate hear recently and can say that the Fish and Chips were amazing. Great price, even for Bangkok and massive servings. We went after 7pm and enjoyed their happy hour wich runs up until 9pm. After 9 they have a house band playing mixed classics and its nice to sit and chill. Restaurant and bar is small but this makes it cozy. We will definitely make this our go to place when we need that western fix from time to time.

• Visited March 2013