“4 times in 2 weeks means we must have liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, International, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bangok
“4 times in 2 weeks means we must have liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As the 7 Seas is just around the corner from Phachara Suites, we dined there a lot, sometimes under the gaze of doomed crayfish enjoying their last days on earth in a glass tank. Prices from 872 - 1,247 baht for two depending what we ate and drak. Can recommend the deep fried softshell crab in garlic and black pepper and calamari with garlic and pepper and Seabass mango salad. A decent Sauvignon was 200 baht a glass. Jack Daniels and coke 180 baht

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Scotty was here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I very much liked this restraunt as the menu had heaps to choose from and what we ordered was lovely.
The staff were very helpful and friendly especially Ya who spke very good english which made things easier

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Service great, food less so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Located a few hundred yards down Sukhumvit Soi 4 you have the choice of dining indoors or outdoors. My wife and I chose the indoor option to escape from the heat, humidity and the traffic chaos of Soi 4. Even though we were indoors, it was still too warm as the a/c didn't seem to be able to cope with the extreme heat.

No matter, the friendly and helpful staff soon took our food and drinks order and everything arrived promptly and in the right order, not something that you always find in Bangkok where it's not uncommon for starters and main courses to arrive simultaneously.

I ordered a squid dish where the squid was prepared in four different styles. Grilled, Pan Fried, Deep Fried and Sauteed. I enjoyed the latter but the rest was lamentably nondescript with the Deep Fried Squid almost crumbling out of existence and containing very little squid. My wife was similarly underwhelmed with her food.

It's a shame because the interior of the restaurant is smart and welcoming and the staff can't do enough for you. Very much doubt that I'd go back given the number of high quality restaurants in the neighbourhood

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Overpriced and disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We wanted to have some seafood close to our hotel and ended up at the Seven Seas. It was almost empty on this Saturday night. We ordered some oysters (5 to be exact), a small Heinekin beer and a bottle of water, which cost us about $30 Australian. The service was poor despite the fact the place was almost deserted and we had to wait 15 minutes for the oysters to come out. They only had 2 out of the 5 beers listed on the menu and the oysters must have been frozen as they were tough and rubbery. Never again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, and venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is my first, I think, visit here, although I am familiar with a number of eateries on Sukhumvit soi 4. My Thai partner had been on about scoffing some sea food all day, so I resolved to find a place that catered to her rather exacting tastes. The Seven Seas (a bit anodyne for a name, but who cares??) is located about a couple of hundred yeards down Soi 4 on the left hand side, and well past the fleshpots. But rather than run the gauntlet of the lunatics 'celebrating' Songkran, we got a taxi as I'm not a big fan of eating out whilst soaked to the skin; it doesn't do it for me, and dampens (!) my appetite.

Anyway, I knew of this place as one has to pass it when going from Soi 4 through to Soi 8 the back way, rather than facing the chaos and fumes of Sukhumvit Road. It's set a few yards back off the road, with exterior tables and chairs for the adventurous, and sports a tank full of live crawly things. Inside it's cool and has a nice sophisticated ambience, with calm and well-dressed staff who glide about in that particularly affected Thai way that I find so charming.

My partner chose the Sea Bass, me the Pomfrey, both with the usual rice and salad accompaniments and various side dishes the descriptions of which evade me for now. The waiter said it would take about half an hour, which was okay as my appetite needs to be a bit sharper, so we chose drinks. Her, fruit juice; me, as usual, chilled Chardonnay in generous proportion.

When the food arrived (in rather less than 30 minutes) it was invitingly presented, and delicious. The best sea food I've had in BKK that's for sure. There was also enough of it to satisfy that particular appetite, too. I would unhesitatingly recommend this place; it is a bit more pricey that some similar establishments, but easily within the pocket of your average discerning farang grub-hunter. Or Thai, for that matter. When next in bangkok, my Thai partner and I will definitely go back. So, go on, what are you waiting for? Go!! :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Food