“Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sukhumvit Soi 20 | Klong Toey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #301 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is located about a km away from BTS asoke station, in a bylane to main road. The lane has quite a few restaurants, hotels and residential apartments. Taxi and tuktuks are available near the hotel gate. The rooms are quite convenient with adequate space and basic room amenities. If you are looking for a safe and clean place to sleep and rest after a tiring day following sightseeing and shopping then this fits the bill. I am leaving with a huge dissappoinment - rather would like to view it as an exception. I had made airport pickup as an additional request and had received a confirmation from the hotel. On arrival i called the hotel and informed them i cant spot the driver. They informed me the driver is waiting at gate 3, i was made to wait and move between multiple gates finally to realise that the airport transfer was not arranged. I took airport taxi and reached the hotel almost two hours later than the scheduled time. During my stay or on arrival the staff at reception did not even felt that they should apologise for this lapse which debted my overall experience

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thitiphan k, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Visited on two occasions Jan. 16-19, 21. Founds rooms on 5th floor clean and bed comfortable.
Within walking distance to MRT and BTS as well as Terminal 21 shopping centre. Wi Fi average.
Check in/out process very fast and staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Quiet on fifth floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thitiphan k, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Pattani
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

In the morning of the second day I left my room (No.501) to go to a bakery to have breakfast, turning on the signal "do not disturb" because my belongings still were scattered on the bed and after breakfast I wanted to put them in order.
As I returned to my room, after 40 minutes, the room had been already cleaned up and the red signal was off. I checked the system and found all the electric equipment including "Don't disturb" lamp is turned off as card key is pulled out.
So, every time you leave your room house keepers or other hotel personal could enter the room and do everything they will. Is it an error, exclusively of my room or of the whole hotel, or a trick?

And after check out I recognized a sweater had disappeared.

I live in a province of Thailand and visit Bangkok several times. Here I have been staying many hotels but such an experience is the very first one in this country and in my life.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is my first night stay out of 2.. Excellent!..

I didn't have any expectation on this hotel, apart from knowing that it is under the Best Western group.. that should offer something of a standard hotel services.

Well, it is well beyond my expectation. The room location is good.. The hotel staff is good. I complaint on the wifi being slow.. Immediately a staff came and fixed it!.

The room is very chic and modern design. One of my recommended hotel in Bkk if you look for these 3 things: Cheap, nice and good Location!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thitiphan k, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel from 26th December 2013 until 27th December. We arrived there at around 11.00am and as with most of the hotels in Thailand we could not check in until 2pm even though it had been pre-booked, so we had 3 hours to kill. As we had not booked with a credit card, which if you do they want to keep it until you check out, so without this you have to pay 1000 Baht deposit which provided there are no breakages you will receive back on checking out.

The hotel was clean and situated just off the main Sukhumvit road which is absolute madness and you will never be able to cross it as it would be suicide and like trying to cross the M25 motorway in rush hour, well anytime of day really. Bangkok is not for the faint hearted but back to the hotel. Breakfast was included in the price of the room which worked out for the above dates including their charges of £43 which you could get a price like this in England for any hotel with breakfast. I have to say from my point of view the latter was rubbish and I did not eat it all. Be warned do not have the scrambled egg, I can't even tell you what it tasted like but I have never tasted such a nasty taste. As the eating area can be taken on the roof you will be hammered with flies which is also usual abroad. The room in general was adequate for a nights stay, a safe was provided, the bed was comfortable and there was clean linen and towels and was a good size with a view of the hotel entrance. On the internet it will show a picture of the pool area, don't believe the picture as it was just an oversized hot tub not a swimming pool and you would have to ensure all your jabs were up to date to get in this otherwise you were a brave person, as we had not had any injections to go to Thailand we were a bit careful with things but came away from this holiday ok just bites which I had not received as of yet, therefore on the back of this the pool was not the cleanest one I had encountered in my journey.

From our personal point of view Bangkok is ok for two days and one nights stay, we only saw a very small portion of it and it is just like Blackpool on Steroids which explains most of the city's in Thailand, plenty of Lady boys, homeless people begging in the street, one woman had a small child which must have been no more than two years old weeing in the middle of the pavement as people were walking by, oh and she was on her phone again don't be fooled by them all. Other sights along these lines are people with missing limb/s who in some cases are lying face down in the middle of the pavement dragging themselves along in soiled clothes, from what we saw this is one extremely filthy, dirty city but you have to see it as it is a real eye opener and you cannot go to Thailand without experiencing it, even though I have not painted a pretty picture.

Room Tip: I think from memory we booked a deluxe suite, I advise this.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the hotel during the beginning of December 2013, during my solo trip around South East Asia. This was my experience of the hotel, which obviously would be different for each person who ventures and experiences things differently, so please do read this bearing this in mind.
Service, Quality, Value:
The Hotel is clean, modern and close to the BTS. Through my experiences of other solo travellers, it is NOT the cheapest hotel in the area, so best to do your research if you are on a really, really tight budget. My experience of the hotel is that is really worth the price and this is why:
Location:
The location of the hotel was not very central to the main places in Bangkok, and so, taxi’s and sky trains are required to go and come which are available although do cost a bit more per trip when going out late at night. Again, this should be borne in mind for travellers on a tight budget. However, all taxi drivers do know where this hotel is and I did not struggle to find taxi’s thoughout my trip (although rarely ones that used a meter!)
Breakfast:
NOT included in the hotel. Be aware!
Decor:
Fantastic, modern and comfortable. Clean and spacious. Good TV, comfortable sleep, view of the city.
Other:
Do not book tours here – they cheap and not pleasant. They also make a huge commission of the ordinary price quoted in their file, so rather book these cheap tours on the street if you are still interested in them.

Airport:
Hotel charges a ridiculous feefor the airport transfer which can be 100 baht cheaper if done by a metered taxi. Rather leave earlier, and arrange this yourself.

Overall:
I would definitely stay here again if I was with family or a partner. It is not the most ideal hotel for the solo traveller, and one can stay in more closer residences to the party scene, but the hotel has fantastic service, food, and clean modern space which is perfect.Best part of this hotel is that it avoids cheap backpacker types guests

Room Tip: go higher up for a better view of the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We chose this hotel at the first place because its $$$$$ :). It was great value. The hotel is not so closed to the old, down town Bangkok but if you carefully read instruction it is very easy to travel by train or metro. We went to see China Town to buy some silver, Chao Praya river, and the many other places in Bangkok. I cant remember all the names cause it was July 2013 and I am wrting the review today, forst day of 2014. One tip...the Soi Cowboy is very close. Interesting to see. I met the Lady boys there.

I wish you all a pleasent stay.

Room Tip: We did not have any special preferences but the room was good. I would recommend this hotel for your...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thitiphan k, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
E-mail: eam@bwplus20.com

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS @ 20 Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!