“Great boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55/555 Soi Langsuan | Lumpini,Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,621 Reviews
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loved the ambiance and vibe of this hotel!! Staff welcoming and helpful. Beautiful decor. Italian restaurant was superb and accommodated us on a Saturday evening even without a booking! Space of bathroom was grand and luxurious. The only thing is that I found the bed a bit too soft for my liking..

Room Tip: The rooms were a bit smaller than expected. The description of the rooms are a bit confusing. I book...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Mireille D, thank you for sharing your great review with other on TA. I was delighted to see that you very much enjoyed our décor throughout the hotel and especially the spacious bathroom.
Your point about our bed has been noticed, if you were to stay with us again we would arrange for your mattress to be firmer.

So hopefully see you soon

Nicolas Peth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chengdu, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My second stay at Hotel Muse and most lkely, my last.

My first stay was for three nights, approximately 6 months ago. After check in, I went to my room to shower, before dinner. Immediately I discovered the shower head was not functioning. it hung loose, in the downward position. The casue was clearly a worn out holder. Plus, the shower drain was clogged and the the water pressure extremely low. I reported the probelm before leaving for dinner and was told it would be fixed before I returned.

After a long night walking the hot and humid streets of Bangkok, the first thing I wanted to do upon returning was shower. I was again dissappointed to discover that nothing had been repaired during my long absence. I did my best to shower with one hand holding up the shower head.

The next morning, I reported the probelm once again and was told once again that it would be repaired right away.

Unfortunately, it wasn't repaired. With that, on the morning of my third day, I asked to speak with the manager, Mark, who humbly apologized and offerred no excuses for the lack of follow through. He put me in an upgraded room for my last night and presented a voucher for 1 nights stay, in the effort to regain my confidence.

I returned to Hotel Muse on June 11th, for a one night trial. I stayed in room 1512. To my immediate dissappointment, I once again showered with one hand, as the shower fixture, which is quite handsome looking, is cheaply fabricated and clearly does not stand up to commercial use.

The water pressure was better than my first visit, but still not very good. The shower drain functioned, but slowly, keeping my feet submereged and threaghtening to overflow into the bathroom.

As a bonus, the bathroom sink drain was clogged, nearly completely. I had to wait 5 minutes after brushing my teeth before shaving.

The next morning, I packed my bags, checked out and quietly told the front desk about the loose shower head and clogged bathroom sink. This was only to save the poor quest who occupies the room after me.

In conclusion, Hotel Muse , although it appears 5 star in many ways, is clearly not a 5 star operation. Too bad, really. The beds were quite comfortable. I would have to think that I am not the only guest to have complained about the bathroom fixtures. Perhaps the managemnt team should consider owning up to their purchasing mistake and replace the fixtures with better qualty units.

DB

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Douglas B, thank you for posting your review on TA. What a shame that having invited you back we were not able to impress you. The vast majority of comments on this site are for me a delight to read…yours is not and please accept my personal apology for any inconvenience caused. We certainly do not have feedback about bad fixtures or quality issue on this site, in fact the very opposite so I am baffled to explain why you had such an unpleasant experience with us. I have ordered Khun Tua our executive housekeeper to inspect personally all rooms to make sure that we do not have similar problem. In fairness there has not been any similar comment on this site but never the less I take yours very seriously. As for having you back with us….humm we have a lot of work to do

But in the meantime thank you for your feedback

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It’s a beautiful concept and décor, not for all tastes though. It’s more directed to young business travelers or high level tourists, and by this I refer to the lighting, the décor, the music and the overall formal but relaxed service.

Things that don’t quite fit:
-The breakfast: Located on the 19th floor with a beautiful setting, BUT it’s way too small for the number of rooms. As a result I showed up at 10am and there was no table. The hostess response, Please come back in 15 min please ka. So, It’s my fault is busy and you don’t have enough tables, for that reason I have to delay all my plans??? I answered; Do I get free room service for breakfast then?? She freaked out and run like a chicken with no head, 2 min later there was a table for me and my friend, I felt sorry for the people behind me. The service was disorganized, there where plates breaking as background music and the buffet area is way tight for the amount of guests, you are literally rubbing your back with everyone to get a bowl of cereal. Don’t even attempt the Egg station…

-The Wet bar: On the day I checked in I decided on relaxing by the pool and enjoy a cold beer. There was nobody to greet us, I asked the staff at the gym from where do I get the towels and he kindly guided me, as well with the locker keys. I went to the deck and got a sun bed, there were about 6 sunbed occupied with guests having food and drinks. I had a nice menu water proof, I went for a swim and taking pictures for about 15-20min BUT there was nobody there to take the order. I got out, I walked around, knocked on a small window I thought it was for placing the ordered and no one there. I asked again to the staff by at the gym, what do I have to do to get a beer?? OOhhh ok, moment please.

Customer attention is everything, that all I am going to say. Yes, is a great location and a nice concept, but it ruins all your expectations with the poor service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Felo69. Thank you for posting your review and please accept my most sincere apology for some of the shortcomings experienced during your stay which seems to rotate over two problems. Our wet bar by our pool is an unmanned area where guest can contact staff by phone and where there is a walk around by a member of the team several times an hour so unfortunately no chance to be greeted there I am afraid. Looking at the reviews on this site it does not seems to create any problem but I take your comment on board. As for breakfast well this is the usual 10h00 rush and waiting a few minutes for a table if told properly is quiet ok in my books and certainly does not warrant some of the language used to describe a very efficient staff member that found you a table after 2 minutes (probably less I guess).

Again thank you for your constructive feedback

Nicola Peth

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at The Muse twice, soon after opening in 2011 & again only last week. I was pleased to be greeted by friendly staff & delicious complimentary drinks. The rooms, corridors & foyer are beautifully decorated. The Molton Brown toiletries are stunning.

This time the Speakeasy bar on 24th floor was open with spectacular views across Bangkok where I sampled forgotten cocktails like Aviator! On arrival there was a mixologist event on in The Medici restaurant which was fun & colourful.

I highly recommend this hotel for corporate or tourist purposes. I for one will return.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise. Fewer rooms on each floor make them quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Begona_13, thank you for your great review on TA. Muse is certainly very chic and classy with a lot of character and I am delighted that on your return visit you were able to enjoy some of our well known selling point like our very own roof top bar ”The Speakeasy”.

We all look forward to another return soon

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Muse for a short time in May and had a very enjoyable experience. The service was wonderful, from the check-in, to the concierge, to the housekeeping staff, to the restaurant staff. It felt like everyone went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. Our room was immaculate and had a beautiful marble bathroom with huge windows looking down on the city. We also enjoyed the infinity pool and the bar, especially after a very hot day of sightseeing. I would recommend the Su Tha Ros restaurant as the food was of great quality and the dining area has a very relaxed, beautiful ambience. It seemed to me that this hotel pays great attention to all the little details and this contributes to a very luxurious experience, at quite a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Corner suites have wonderful views of the city and Lumpini park.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jen F, thank you for posting your very positive review on TA, glad to read that your enjoyed your experience with us and especially the service and hospitality received from our staff. Su Tha Ros is probably one of the best kept secret in town offering outstanding Thai food at a great price. Lunch Menus are my favorite. For the rooms they are regular comments on this site and I am pleased you enjoyed them too. As for the details it is what makes the difference between a good hotel and one you would love to come back to.
Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to write about us and we look forward to welcoming you back

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Muse is very corporate hotel that is fit for business travellers. We made the wrong pick by selecting Muse as it is not for tourists who are on vacation in Bangkok. So if you are on holiday, we do not recommend the Muse.

The hotel entrance, corridors are all very dull and gloomy, as are the rooms.

The breakfast is really bad. There is barely any variety in the options offered. It is not a good spread at all, specially for the price of the room! We also found some hair strands in one of the dishes on the buffet counter.

The bathroom had this constant weird smell, which we think is from the cleaning agent they used but it was disgusting. The same smell was present in the common toilet near the breakfast area.

One night we called for room service. We called the number thrice and no one picked up. The fourth time someone picked up and my husband ordered. He told them not to call the room again as I was sleeping. However, they called back twice with irrelevant queries. When we called them to clear the food tray nobody came. The tray remained in our room, with the smell of food, for the entire night.

Though their bathroom toiletries and accessories are very good, they are very stingy about them. Even though the shower gel was almost over, they did not replace it even once during our stay. Neither did they replace ear buds and shampoo, all of which had been used. They also had some stern (tending to be rude) notices up stating that everything is available for sale and nothing should be removed from the room.

Its location is good, it is a 20 min walk to Siam square which is manageable. It is a shorter walk to the metro station. However, we saw a lot of other hotels on the route so you are likely to find some even closer to the city centre, Siam square and the Siam metro station.

Bad service, bad breakfast, not recommended for tourists and definitely not worth the price.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view. Since it is a very corporate hotel all rooms are replicas...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear 2013Travel_Companion, thank you for posting your feedback on TA. Well what a difference reviews can make. The two previous one were full of praise but clearly you did not find to your liking our design so often complimented and our breakfast also so often mentioned. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and especially for the shortcomings encountered with your room service order. As for your description of Muse being a Business hotel rather than for tourist I shall let readers to decide by themselves looking at past reviews. Did you really stay with us??
We might be 20 min walking from Siam square BTS station but only 5 from Chitlom and central shopping mall and our private Tuk Tuk is always available to help
Again thank you very much for sharing your comment and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Thailand

Best regards,
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Other hotels should study this place. This is a first-rate operation, with a dedicated, friendly, and efficient staff.

Due to a rather serious injury, I had more needs than I otherwise would have had. The hotel staff continually found ways to exceed my expectations, and to anticipate my needs. I am writing this review with gratitude and amazement. As a result of my injury, I needed to change my booking. Despite the fact that I had prepaid with Orbitz, the hotel arranged for a partial refund.

As far as the property itself is concerned, I find it to be ideally situated, extremely clean, and the rooms generously apportioned. The decor is very stylish, with a dark, somewhat moody European feel.

Without a doubt, this is the place that I will stay in Bangkok from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear worldtraveler723, thank you for posting your review, what a great title, the type of review every GM would be very proud of. Glad to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations.
You very much enjoyed Muse and we are all here delighted about it
No doubt we shall see you again soon

Nicolas Peth

Been to Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!