“Great food and entertainment” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 7,182 Restaurants in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“Great food and entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We really had a pleasant experience at The Wave. Good food, excellent service and also a surprisingly good entertainment. We also tried the karaoke with some friends, and had some great fun! During dinner we were seated just by the river, it was magic! After our first visit - newly married - we have been back several times with friends to celebrate different occasions. It has always been a success!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Warsaw, Poland
“Good Food, Good View - Take a Water taxi back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

All the food was delicious and the view of the river is really nice. We were leaving in the Mntien Riverside hotel that was just across the river so we thought we will let the taxi driver go and ask someone from the marina to take us across. Old lady who did not speak a word in english drew 120 bath no. on her hand and took us across. This was very pleasant - so if you leave by the river highly recomend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have visited The Wave couple of times and every time it just gets better.
Food:
Thai food does not come as authentic as this. Every item that I have tasted is something that you would eat at a Thai home. They do not hold back on authenticity, therefore if you like your food mild, be sure you mention this to your server. It was a very pleasant surprise that they offer sushi and sashimi at this restaurant; and more surprising that the fish are as fresh as it comes and they are presented beautifully as well; not to mention that I had a whole "boat full" of delicious sashimi. Eat your heart out Japanese restaurants!
Service:
Not sure where they get their staff from; they are very friendly, professional and always available. The services are as good as any five star hotel restaurants. The restaurant manager Khun Worawat (Ti) is always around taking to guests and organizing his staff is a very friendly and casual but professional manner.
Ambience:
If you are living in Bangkok, this restaurant totally makes you feel more at home, and if you are from other parts of Thailand or a tourist visiting Bangkok like me (and I visit Bangkok quite often) you should not miss out on The Wave restaurant to get the feel of what Thai food is about. It is very cozy, warm and friendly. The only thing that was missing was a beach!!
I will always visit this restaurant every time I visit Bangkok, and I highly recommend you try this restaurant.

Visited December 2013
“We loved it! Christmas evening was so fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The night of Christmas, not Christmas Eve, we went there for dinner and drinks. A bit skeptical we were entering a true bar scene, but wanted to get out and enjoy. Well, so much fun, FULL of locals, that were all happy and having such a good time. But here's where it's gets special. Language was a problem at first so our server went to get Ti. Pronounced tea. He was so nice, made us feel so welcome. He suggested the shrimp cakes that were excellent!!! Ok, so we ordered our food, and I ignorantly ordered a green curry dish with rice. The moment of my first bite, ouch. Yes, I definitely tasted the YUM! But my nose ran, my eyes watered, I tried to be a sport, but it was so hot, I just couldn't do it. But I kept on with the rice..... My husband tried it, as he is the hottie foodie in this pair, I am the wimp, and he was floored by it. He was in awe when he saw me take another bite, with the attitude of "I got this"....... Yeah right.
Well, Ti came by asked how was everything, and he could see my tears, my face, and yeah, he could see that I was struggling. He actually said, "we want you to enjoy your food, and I will talk to the cook, we know what to do".... With an added, "I promise you will love it.".
He was right; they added coconut milk, lime juice, and whatever else they did, and I LOVED it. It made me wish I didn't eat all the darn rice to cool my mouth down, because I wanted to slurp up all of the new green curry dish, it was that great!
My review is too long, but please please please, do yourself a favor, meet Ti at the Wave, he keeps his promises and truly cares about crazy visitors having a great experience!

And to Ti, if you read this, thank you so much. You made me stop beating myself up for not being able to hang with the big boys on spice, and made it memorable, which is so much more important! Thank you and many blessings.

Visited December 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“"Excellent Thai dinner along the Chao Phraya””
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food was delicious and the view was lovely and the price was reasonable.Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Visited October 2013