“A gem in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The AETAS lumpini

You added The AETAS lumpini to your Saves list
The AETAS lumpini
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030/4 Rama IV Road, Thungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #31 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Lakes, Australia
“A gem in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were booked in here for 5 nights as part of a guided tour with Gate 1 Travel.
What a delightful surprise! For the very low price, we really weren't expecting much but this hotel blew us away. Very modern - only a couple of years old. So clean and the staff were wonderful.
2 very comfortable double beds in the room meant we had one each and slept like babies.
Also had a desk with an office chair for your laptop.
Buffet breakfast was included and this was very good. Included western and Asian foods and an egg station.
If we were to travel to Bangkok again, we would certainly be staying there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at The AETAS lumpini, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Value Guest cakedecadence,

Thank you very much for your fabulous review on Tripadvisor and for rating us 'Great 5star hotel at Bangkok'.

We are extremely delighted to hear that you loved our clean room and wonderful staff as well as the variety of our breakfast. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We all are looking forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

AETAS lumpini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Granada, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

As usual, before booking an hotel I like to look around tripadvisor,s coments.
I was no wrong. Aetas Lumpini Hotel, not only looks like good but it,is very good. Is an excellent quality/ price ratio. A great staff. convenient location to go every place in Bangkok and Very good breakfast. And over all a very good stay .
No cons, just pros. Really I would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Value Guest jesus p,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the AETAS lumpini.

I am delighted you think we are a great hotel & that our services met your expectations.

Please do let us know when your travels bring you back this way again as we look forward to welcoming you back to another memorable stay with us

Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed in AETAS Lumpini for two nights in March 2014 at it was a great experience. Very helpful and smiled staff, clean rooms, excellent breakfast and food in restaurant. One of the best hotels in terms of value for money I have been to in Bangkok! Highly recommended.

Vladimir

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at The AETAS lumpini, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Value Guest Vladimir713,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and service here at AETAS lumpini which we have shared your wonderful remarks with our team members and the management.

We are happy that our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay.It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we value your review greatly as it is a true reflection of our performance.

We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back at AETAS lumpini in the nearest of future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at The AETAS Lumpini for 8 nights, due to business meetings I had in BKK, however I will not stay at this hotel again - why? Usually I try to avoid comments on locations, but in this case I have to mention it - and disagree with many reviews I've read here.

The Hotel location, on one of the main and busiest BKK road, Rama IV, is a huge problem for taxi drivers who do not like to come here from Rattanakosin, or indeed from Silom and Bangrak as well; one day I counted 8 taxis who refused to take me here before finding the one who did; and when they do usually do not know exactly where to go (even having given them instructions in Thai), so to me this was a major headache, coupled to the fact that the area is not one of the best (aside of the fact that you can go to Lumpini Park easily of course!)...

Yes I know that there's a MRT station close by, but to me and all my movements in BKK was useless as always required change for a BTS train, so...but enough about location...

The Hotel staff, the service, the room & the bathroom where exceptional; not 5***** as some people says, but a very good 4****; the glass shower was very interesting indeed, the bed was extremely comfortable and the view from nearly all floors were amazing - still I will not come back for the reasons stated above, I rather much prefer to visit Lumpini Park if I wish to do so, as I've done in the past, than staying next door to it but having problems in moving around the city.

Breakfast, aside that was in the Basement floor and I did not like that much but probably this is a very personal issue, was good with the usual stuff, international & thai, chefs to cook your eggs as you like, etc.

Swimming Pool I'm afraid I have to agree with many comments, was not good, pretty small and 'not inviting' as a Swimming Pool at such hotels should be; unfortunately there was a Gym hardly used, or at least unused all the time I went to the Swimming Pool myself (being next to the pool), and what I have noticed there was no Massage and no Spa - again very strange for an hotel claiming to be of high level...

Staff was certainly good, and the Junior Suite I stayed was certainly good, but sometime this is not enough - especially in BKK where high quality hotels are everywhere - and some of them are really really good.

That's it for now, strange I liked the place and the staff was exceptional but I'd not coming back...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at The AETAS lumpini, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Value Guest Surzen,

Thank you for staying at AETAS lumpini whilst travelling to Bangkok on business last week. I’m sorry to hear that you had issues with the location. However, we greatly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of our spacious rooms as well as the service you received from our staffs.
Again, thank you for the review. We really do appreciate feedback.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel was very nice in many ways. First of all the staff was wonderful in helping in any way they could. The rooms were clean and spacious. Close to the skyline for quick access to downtown. We felt safe walking the streets. On our first day there, we were out walking and met someone that lived in a state that joins our home state. What a coincidence and a pleasure meeting the lady. As it ended up we all spent the afternoon together and then in the evening she and her husband joined us for the Calyso Caberet show and dinner. Our Gate 1 guide was nice enough to book our tickets for us making that easy. Traveling is such a wonderful way to meet and make new friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at The AETAS lumpini, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Value Guest brtraveladdict,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at AETAS lumpini and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and we are truly happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that. Your kind words have been passed on to our team members. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Where to start? Aetas Lumpini wins on ALL fronts. This is one of the best hotels we've stayed at not only in Thailand but I would go as far as to say one of the best in SE Asia! The staff are lovely and it was one of the smoothest check ins we've experienced. The rooms are HUGE and the night views of the Bangkok skyline are stunning.
Also one of the most comfortable beds we ever slept in. The very spacious bathroom comes with a separate shower cabin, bath tub and power sockets for hairdryer (which they also provide), electric razor etc. Excellent water pressure. I stayed here with my family on 3 occasions during our month long trip and all the staff welcomed us back with smiles every time! The people at reception also haul a normal meter cab for you.This safes a lot of time haggling with drivers. And no, they do not take any commission! Location wise you can't beat AETAS Lumpini. Its literary located a few steps away from the BTS and about 5 minutes or one stop from Silom, Convent etc. We are already looking forward to our next visit in a couple of months.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor. We stayed on the 26th floor and views are stunning!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at The AETAS lumpini, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Value Guest Gindia,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and sharing your experience with us at AETAS lumpini.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in AETAS lumpini.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed at Aetas Lumpini for 2 nights on 19 March. It was a pleasant stay. The hotel is just a walking distance to my office in Bangkok.

Lobby: The hotel lobby is spacious and the staff are so friendly and helpful.

Room: Wow... The room is definitely spacious and so cozy. A welcome drink and a basket of fruits are given. The bed is comfy with given 5 pillows!!!

Bathroom: I really like the bathroom - big and so clean.

Food: I had breakfast and lunch at The Hourglass Restaurant. The food is quite standard and good quality too.

Surrounding: The hotel is located near the Lumpini MRT station. It is so convenient to go around.

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner unit.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at The AETAS lumpini, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Value Guest 2ofUs_WSP,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about your experience with us at AETAS lumpini.
We appreciated your comments on our room comfort, helpful staff and hotel location in which it is second to none.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in AETAS lumpini.

AETAS lumpini

Been to The AETAS lumpini? Share your experiences!