“Great Jazz band!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
250 Sukhumvit Road | Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
+66 2 649 8353
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 8,044 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Bangkok's premier jazz venue hits all the right notes. The Living Room's lounge bar plays host to the best international jazz musicians every night—accompanied by a wide variety of specialty cocktails and delectable light meals.
Hong Kong, China
“Great Jazz band!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The place is in Sheraton Grande hotel. I came here because it was told to be the top 10 Jazz club in Bangkok. Well, the band and the lady singing here were excellent. They were some of the best live performance musician I have seen. On the other hand, the place itself is not the ideal setup for Jazz. It has a very high ceiling and music just echoes in the place. Without the cozy feeling of a Jazz club, I just could't get in the mood no matter how good the musician were. I left the place kind of disappointed after just 2 drinks.

Service was great. No doubt about it. Prices for drinks were on the high side. Overall, I would have to say that this joint is not bad, but, definitely not for the serious Jazz lover.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Joseph,

Thank you very much for your overall positive feedback of The Living Room, including your comments on our International Jazz band and singers. You may be interested to know that just last week, we have just upgraded the sound system to use the dome shape rooms acoustic to our advantage. Hopefully on your return, you will be able to enjoy the music even more apart from the service provided by the team. However, I regret that you find the drinks' pricing on the high end, as they are priced the same level as other five star hotels that don’t offer daily live jazz.

I do hope that in spite of the inconvenience we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“Love it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

It was my first time visiting this place, impressive with the atmosphere, live jazz and the cocktail. All staffs were very attentive and friendly. I would definitely going back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear luvparty,

Thank you for your visit to The Living Room. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable evening and that you had enjoyed the jazz, cocktails as well as the service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Nice Jazz spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is easy to find in Sheraton Hotel and a nice quiet intro to Bangkok night life with great food selections and nice jazz. Located in a busy spot you can easily srtoll to other locations after if you wish

Visited January 2013
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear EasyGoingRiyadh,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at The Living Room with us. I am glad that you had enjoyed your experience and hope that your comment will be useful for future guests. My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

taipei
“Just gets better, (again)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well I must admit I am biased. I absolutely LOVE this place, as I did when I first came here 10 years ago. As in all the restaurants in this hotel, the staff are outstanding, professional but also very friendly and helpful. What has changed recently is the following:

1. You can now order food from any of the restaurants for lunch and dinner, plus you have a huge daytime menu available from 9 til midnite, covering just about any food including pastas, Indian, Thai and Chinese.

2. Their new Primovino wine initiative means you can order top quality wine at cellar door prices, and trust me you will not find cheaper superb labels in any other 5 star hotel in Bangkok. I should know, I've been looking for years.

3. Best news of all-the superb pianist Randy Cannon is back for 4 evenings a week, and with an absolutely stunning new percussionist (used to play with James Brown) these trio are masters of jazz and now just a little bit more funky.

Highly recommended for great atmosphere, excellent service, good food and wine and the superb sounds.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear madfish8,

Thank you very much for your continuous support of The Living Room and all of our venues at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the food and beverages offered in all of our venues. It is also my delight to read that you are enjoying our primoVino concept as it is our aim to further enhance our guests' dining experience with top quality wines. Furthermore, your kind words have been shared with the Randy Cannon Group and they are looking forward to playing for you at The Living Room during your next visit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Sydney
“This is a magnificent Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've been to a lot of these in Singapore and this was my first one in Bangkok. The room was great, not crammed in like you find at other brunches. The service was friendly and efficient. They did try to sell us some membership, but I guess when you get this much value for money, they need to do a bit of a sales pitch. The prosseco was Follador, middle of the road. There's a decent selection of cocktails made to order, which you don't often get. The food was fresh; the sashimi was being cut regularly, the caviar buffet was pretty special, the thai options had a nice bite (spicy) not dumbed down and the roast was exceptional. Better than a lot of roasts I've had in Australia. And finally the deserts were some of the best I've ever had. The jazz band contributes to a great vibe. I highly recommend you do one of these if you're in Bangkok and with some friends even better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Manny S,

Thank you very much for the time that you have taken to write a review for our Sunday Jazzy Brunch.

I am extremely pleased to read that you have enjoyed not only the food, but also the ambiance and service provided at our renowned Sunday Jazzy Brunch. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their hard work and effort.

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable dining experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.