“Nice Jazz spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
250 Sukhumvit Road | Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
+66 2 649 8353
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 8,519 Restaurants in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Bangkok's premier jazz venue hits all the right notes. The Living Room's lounge bar plays host to the best international jazz musicians every night—accompanied by a wide variety of specialty cocktails and delectable light meals.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Nice Jazz spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is easy to find in Sheraton Hotel and a nice quiet intro to Bangkok night life with great food selections and nice jazz. Located in a busy spot you can easily srtoll to other locations after if you wish

Visited January 2013
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear EasyGoingRiyadh,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at The Living Room with us. I am glad that you had enjoyed your experience and hope that your comment will be useful for future guests. My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
taipei
“Just gets better, (again)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well I must admit I am biased. I absolutely LOVE this place, as I did when I first came here 10 years ago. As in all the restaurants in this hotel, the staff are outstanding, professional but also very friendly and helpful. What has changed recently is the following:

1. You can now order food from any of the restaurants for lunch and dinner, plus you have a huge daytime menu available from 9 til midnite, covering just about any food including pastas, Indian, Thai and Chinese.

2. Their new Primovino wine initiative means you can order top quality wine at cellar door prices, and trust me you will not find cheaper superb labels in any other 5 star hotel in Bangkok. I should know, I've been looking for years.

3. Best news of all-the superb pianist Randy Cannon is back for 4 evenings a week, and with an absolutely stunning new percussionist (used to play with James Brown) these trio are masters of jazz and now just a little bit more funky.

Highly recommended for great atmosphere, excellent service, good food and wine and the superb sounds.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear madfish8,

Thank you very much for your continuous support of The Living Room and all of our venues at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the food and beverages offered in all of our venues. It is also my delight to read that you are enjoying our primoVino concept as it is our aim to further enhance our guests' dining experience with top quality wines. Furthermore, your kind words have been shared with the Randy Cannon Group and they are looking forward to playing for you at The Living Room during your next visit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Sydney
“This is a magnificent Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've been to a lot of these in Singapore and this was my first one in Bangkok. The room was great, not crammed in like you find at other brunches. The service was friendly and efficient. They did try to sell us some membership, but I guess when you get this much value for money, they need to do a bit of a sales pitch. The prosseco was Follador, middle of the road. There's a decent selection of cocktails made to order, which you don't often get. The food was fresh; the sashimi was being cut regularly, the caviar buffet was pretty special, the thai options had a nice bite (spicy) not dumbed down and the roast was exceptional. Better than a lot of roasts I've had in Australia. And finally the deserts were some of the best I've ever had. The jazz band contributes to a great vibe. I highly recommend you do one of these if you're in Bangkok and with some friends even better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Manny S,

Thank you very much for the time that you have taken to write a review for our Sunday Jazzy Brunch.

I am extremely pleased to read that you have enjoyed not only the food, but also the ambiance and service provided at our renowned Sunday Jazzy Brunch. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their hard work and effort.

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable dining experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

Singapore, Singapore
“Relaxing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Living Room was one of my favourite places around Sukhumvit area where I preferred to have my business meetings. Nice atmosphere and very helpful and gentle staff.
If you stay little bit longer in the afternoon, you will be delighted to listen to some jazz as well.
It used to serve very good products but lately it seems to have a down in quality.
I cannot have anymore good coffee in there so I started ordering tea, which is still good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear AndrewBkk77,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for your regular visits to our hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoy the atmosphere, service and jazz music at The Living Room. However, I am concerned to read that the venue no longer meets your expectations. Please allow me to take this opportunity to inform you that we have recently changed our coffee machine, and this surely will influence the taste of the coffee produced. Please also rest assured that we use 100% Arabica coffee beans, in order to ensure that quality coffee is made. Upon your next visit, please share with us your feedback on the taste of the coffee.

Please rest assured that what you have experienced at The Living Room is not our standard and I hope that you will give us the chance in the near future to change your opinions.

Osaka, Japan
“Top place for solid jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been going to the Living Room for ten years now and the music is always top notch. I prefer the basics when it comes to a jazz combo (piano, bass and drums), and this place seems to agree.

The location is beautiful (somewhat reminiscent of Dizzy's Coca-Cola Club at Columbus Circle in NYC) and the service is professional. Drinks in the 300-400TB range.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Tony Y,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for The Living Room.

I am delighted to hear of your positive feedback and will provide recognition to the team at The Living Room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our renowned jazz venue.

Richard Chapman

Been to The Living Room? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Living Room, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.