“Relaxing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
250 Sukhumvit Road | Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
+66 2 649 8353
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 8,055 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Bangkok's premier jazz venue hits all the right notes. The Living Room's lounge bar plays host to the best international jazz musicians every night—accompanied by a wide variety of specialty cocktails and delectable light meals.
Singapore, Singapore
“Relaxing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Living Room was one of my favourite places around Sukhumvit area where I preferred to have my business meetings. Nice atmosphere and very helpful and gentle staff.
If you stay little bit longer in the afternoon, you will be delighted to listen to some jazz as well.
It used to serve very good products but lately it seems to have a down in quality.
I cannot have anymore good coffee in there so I started ordering tea, which is still good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear AndrewBkk77,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for your regular visits to our hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoy the atmosphere, service and jazz music at The Living Room. However, I am concerned to read that the venue no longer meets your expectations. Please allow me to take this opportunity to inform you that we have recently changed our coffee machine, and this surely will influence the taste of the coffee produced. Please also rest assured that we use 100% Arabica coffee beans, in order to ensure that quality coffee is made. Upon your next visit, please share with us your feedback on the taste of the coffee.

Please rest assured that what you have experienced at The Living Room is not our standard and I hope that you will give us the chance in the near future to change your opinions.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Osaka, Japan
“Top place for solid jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been going to the Living Room for ten years now and the music is always top notch. I prefer the basics when it comes to a jazz combo (piano, bass and drums), and this place seems to agree.

The location is beautiful (somewhat reminiscent of Dizzy's Coca-Cola Club at Columbus Circle in NYC) and the service is professional. Drinks in the 300-400TB range.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Tony Y,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for The Living Room.

I am delighted to hear of your positive feedback and will provide recognition to the team at The Living Room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our renowned jazz venue.

Macao
“What a nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am not a Jazz fan, but I have to admit that place is relaxing. If you don't know where to go, just jump there and enjoy. As many places in Bangkok, food is fantastic, with great ambiance and of course excellent service.

Visited September 2012
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Michel H,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Living Room.

It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the food, ambience, and service offered at our renowned jazz location. Your compliments have been passed on to the team at The Living Room to recognize their efforts.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Nottinghamshire England
“Attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Enjoyed the Living Room whilst staying at the hotel. Calm and relaxed atmosphere with nice selection of freshly cooked food available. Staff are focussed on ensuring you receive prompt friendly service. Evenings with Live Jazz make a welcome background.

Visited August 2012
SGSGM, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear FionasGrandad,

Thank you for visiting The Living Room during your stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

We welcome all feedbacks as it helps us to maintain our standards. I have taken note of your positive comments and will definitely share it with the team at The Living Room. I am certain that they will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Best jazz in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Living Room features first-rate jazz musicians in a relaxed atmosphere. Pricey, but no one bothers you if you nurse a drink all night. The place is particularly to be recommended when Alice Day appears (twice a year)

Visited August 2012
Dear Akaitori,

Thank you for your continuous support of The Living Room.

I am glad to hear that you enjoy your experiences at our world-class jazz venue and hope that your comments may be helpful to future guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.