“My only source for suits, slacks, and dress shirts for the last 12+ years” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raja's Fashions

Ranked #3 of 260 Shopping in Bangkok
5.0 of 5 stars 420 Reviews
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Raja's Fashions offers high quality tailoring at reasonable prices. Raja’s Fashions is well known for providing high quality suits and shirts crafted and tailored from exquisite imported English and Italian fabrics. Our selection of styles and materials are top notch.Serving the expat & diplomatic community for four decades, Raja's Fashions has been featured in many international publications. This year Raja will celebrate its 49th anniversary of high quality tailoring.
Charleston, South Carolina
“My only source for suits, slacks, and dress shirts for the last 12+ years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I lived and worked in Bangkok from 1997 to 2001 as country manager for a global management consulting firm. After trying and being less than pleased with two other tailor shops recommended to me, I found out about Raja's through friends at the U.S. Embassy and American Chamber of Commerce. After being fitted for my first round of suits, sport jackets, and dress shirts by Bobby and his father, Raja, and after wearing them for less than a month, I donated all of my clothes from the previous tailor shops and have never gone anywhere else. Even after returning to New York City in 2001, I continue to get all my suits, sport jackets, and dress shirts from Raja's - making sure I get back to Bangkok often enough to keep my wardrobe replenished. New York is a good city for off-the-rack and, presumably, for bespoke tailoring. The quality of Raja's Italian wool and Egyptian cotton, along with the quality of the fitting and tailoring, are better than anything I could get in Manhattan unless I could spring for four times the price. I can't. And, don't. This is my source for life.
Roy O.

Visited December 2012
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Roy, Thank you for your long term custom, it has and continues to be our pleasure to serve you. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Best wishes - Bobby G

Toronto, Canada
24 attraction reviews
“Remarkable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My son and I had only a few days in Bangkok during the holidays and we hoped to have suits made during that brief visit. When we arrived at Raja's, we were dismayed to discover that the shop was closing just 3 days later for the New Year's break. Not to worry! The amazing Bobby Gulati made us feel right at home, got us drinks, helped us pick fabrics and styles and got us measured, all within 90 minutes. We had 2 fittings over the next 2 days, and our brand new - and fabulous - suits were delivered by 9:30 the night before the shop closed.

I cannot say enough good things about the professionalism of Bobby and his team, and the way they made us feel important and valued. Our suits are both beautifully crafted and comfortable to wear. From start to finish, it was a GREAT experience. Remember that you get what you pay for: Raja's may not be the cheapest place in Bangkok, but their quality and service are superb.

Can't recommend them highly enough!

Visited December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time. It was our pleasure to serve you and your son and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Best wishes and happy new year! Bobby G
London
17 attraction reviews
“My friend Khun Bobby at Raja's Fashion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have a friend in Bangkok that I always love seeing. He runs a successful tailoring business but given my hectic schedule it is not always possible for me to spend some time together with him but we keep in touch by mail and I never fail to visit him, irrelevant of whether I am buying from him or not.

Khun Bobby is my eyes when he comes to clothing. I conceptualise my ideas and he transcribes my words into hieroglyphics-like symbols on a white sheet of paper and to me they seem reminiscent of those found on the Rosetta Stone but the outcome is beautiful shirts and suits that make me look like a presidential candidate addressing the press at the White House.

Last August, Khun Bobby decided to move premises. Ridiculous rent hikes made him consider an alternative location. Hence, he moved.

One immediate disadvantage from that is that now I can no longer walk down Soi 4 to the welcoming cries of “Handsome man” which so effectively boosted my ego, especially given that my 50th birthday is only months away but other than that the move was a smart one.

With more space, better lighting and changing room capacity doubled, it begs the question as to why he did not move before.

“We are very happy here. We should have done this before” he tells me.

Mention tailoring in Bangkok and risk a backlash of malcontent and horror stories. However, I am happy to report that my experiences at Raja’s Fashion provide a welcome break from the negative comments one so often hears about Bangkok tailors. You may wish to give it a try.

Visited December 2012
Our honour serving you sir. Always here every time you visit and glad to be of help. Look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes - Bobby G
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“A standard of service that goes beyond superior clothing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

When I first visited Raja's Fashions in 2010, it was also my first time in Bangkok, and my first time to have have a completely custom suit made (as opposed to custom alterations). I had researched a considerable amount, knew that there were plenty of scams, and wasn't willing to take chances. So, I went to "the place that everybody recommends" - the slogan that's actually written on the door. After having worn the two original suits constantly for 2 years, they are still in great condition, so I decided to stop at Rajas again in December 2012. I made email contact first, and even though I only had three days total in the city, Bobby was happy to accommodate. Three consecutive fittings later, and during a very busy time, I made arrangements for the suits to be sent to me in South Korea, where I work, as it was coming up on Christmas, and Bobby didn't trust the speed of the Thai postal system enough to send them to the islands where I was staying for the next week.

The first trip earned my absolute confidence in the product, but it was on my second trip that I learned how far Bobby would go to make sure I had a good experience. Thanks to several poor transportation decisions, I was left with only three hours before my flight on the day of my final fitting. My fiancee, who was with me, was having dresses made at Queen Thai Silk down the street, and we were in a mad rush. I arrived at the shop, suitcases in hand, having just run six blocks after abandoning my cab in heavy traffic. In short, I was a mess, and stressed to the limit. Bobby immediately remembered my flight time from the day before, realized the very tight timeframe and Raja's well-oiled machine went to work. Not only was I perfectly fitted in 10 minutes, but he took my cell phone while I was occupied with the fitting, called my fiancee, told her to hurry up, told us the best way to get to the airport, gave us specific instructions for a cab (500 baht, drive like the wind). He even went out to the street himself and waited with us while hailing a cab. In short, we made the flight five minutes before the gate closed, and there was no way we could have done it without him. Even in a situation where I was clearly not making it easy, Raja's delivered.

These are outstanding tailors, and wonderful people. I hope you will give them a chance the next time your are in Bangkok. I know I will be a customer for life.

Dear Ian,

Great to see you again and thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a glowing review. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see both you and your fiancee again on your next trip. Take care and Happy new Year. Kind regards - Bobby G
Burlington, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“2 jackets and 3 scotch on the rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great experience and excellent jackets. Custom made, personal attention and done in 3 days with a nice scotch on the rocks at each fitting. He also delivered them to my hotel as promised.

Visited December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review. It was our pleasure to serve you. Hope to see you again sometime! Bobby G