“Fabulous Thai” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fabulous Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only have a few nights in Thailand so did some research and decided to give Gedhawa a go. I had no problem finding the place, but almost gave up en route as the walk up Soi 35 was completely dark and I was on my own. But wow, once I got there I was in for a treat. Delightful atmosphere, friendly service, reasonable prices and the best Thai food I've ever had. Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely return if I ever get the chance, but next time will go by cab.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kathmandu, Nepal
“Food delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The restaurant is down soi 36 of Sukhmivit rd out of the way but worth searching for. They have the best Northern Thai food that I have had with great vegetarian options. The size is small and it fills up for lunch and dinner. It is best to make a reservation.

Visited May 2013
“Best restaurant in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The only negative about this small place is finding it. The food is exquisite, better than any Thai food we've had in either Calif or Hawaii. The mom cooks it up, two daughters serve, and it's almost a crime how cheap & reasonable the prices are. We gave it 5 stars, and only because we couldn't give it more, and the rating has nothing to do with the cheap prices, but rather with the fantastic Thai food you are going to savor with every forkful or chopstick full. Do yourself a favor if you're in Bangkok, and as foodies we totally vouch with confidence you, too, will come away a Gedhawa aficionado!!!

“Delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had delightful dinner at Gedhawa this evening. We had the cucumber salad, the northern Thai sausage and a northern Thai chicken curry. The salad was fine and both of the northern Thai dishes were quite good.

Unlike other reviewers, we had no trouble finding the place. Simply walked down Sukhumvit to Soi 35 and then up (north) to #24. Even though it was a Saturday night and we did not have a reservation, we were seated immediately. The price was very reasonable - 570 Baht for a large beer, two bottled waters, an order of sticky rice and and the above food. The waitress spoke little English, but the menu is in both Thai and English and helpfully has pictures of the dishes.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Authentic local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been here 3 times now... It never disappoints me. koay Soi is so far the best I have tried in Bangkok and its reasonably priced... It's a charming little place and its worth a visit!