“Geno in bangkok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

You added Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 to your Saves list
Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Sukhumvit Soi 18, Sukhumvit Road | Klongteoy, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #33 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,020 Reviews
Newry, United Kingdom
“Geno in bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last week for four nights, on arrival at air port tried to get taxi and could not because of protest so had to get sky train into city. And then walk the rest of the way, good location if you want to go shopping but is a long way away from kosan rd, got nice room at hotel and staff and food was pretty good, but one major downfall is the cost of using the phone in your room, i had a problem with bank card so had to ph bank in uk, was on ph no more than an hour and got charged £107stg which was astronautical, would recommend hotel but don't use your phone in room!!

• Stayed January 2014
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Geno,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Spent a couple of days here at the start of November 2013. Well located for transport -Asoke BTS close by. Soi 18 is quieter than Soi 20 and I would say a little bit more up market. Good bar/ restaurant next door or walk down the road and there are some other nice bars/restaurants. Try Kwan Khao restaurant nice little bar and great green curry - Annie the bar owner is very welcoming.

Hotel has a nice swimming pool on the roof, rooms really nice (bath and a shower in the same room). Staff very friendly and helpful - I went swimming with my room key/pass and lost it! Reception were happy to give me a new one even though I was dripping over their floor!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Steve,

Peregian Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our first trip to Bangkok and we booked this hotel because the location looked great and it was. This was part of a 4 week trip and the room was one of the best we had.
The hotel is quite small from the outside and the reception area was a little underwhelming but the room was fantastic.
Everything was very modern, TV, DVD player, great bed with lots of pillows. Fantastic bathroom with an awesome shower. One thing to mention one side of the bathroom wall is glass, there is a blind you can pull down but if you are sharing with a friend you wouldn't want to be to shy. We had a room on the lower floor and the windows looked straight into the building next door but not a big issue. The room was everything you could need, it was lovely.
They have a roof top pool and bar which is very cool and nice to relax away from the hectic atmosphere of Bangkok.
The concierge staff were amazing, they could not have been more delightful and helpful. One of the best I have come across.
The location is great, outside the hotel there a few eating options and plenty of massage places. You walk down the road (its a bit of a side street) and you are on the main road to everything and the train station is right there.
Definitely a great option for Bangkok and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Some reviews recommended not paying for a higher standard room until you arrive as it is cheaper, th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Terri,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night while transiting through Bangkok back to Delhi. The hotel is in a great location and close to shopping on Sukhumvit Road and malls including Emporium and Terminal 21 and close to great nightlife on the Soi's. The room was great value with beautiful views of the city and a very comfortable bed and the staff were extremely helpful, printing me maps for wherever i was meeting friends - no question baffled them! The rooftop swimming pool was a welcome oasis after waking around in the sunshine. I would have no hesitation staying here on my next trip to Bangkok!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Swatee,

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed first one night on my way to Koh Samui and 2 nights on the way back. First time in Bangkok , so I was very curious how good this hotel would be on my 2 stays. Well ,it was perfect !
I took the Airlink from the airport , changed at Makkasan station and from there I took the MRT from Phetchaburi station, which is only one stop. The airlink cost 90 bath with express and 35 bath with the blue city line. The MRT cost 16 bath.The Express doesn't go so often as the City line , but if you have a lot of luggage, you should go for the express line as the city line is quite full during some hours. When you are leaving your final stop at Sukhumvit, look for the exit nr 2 to Sukhumvit soi 23. When you are on the street, take left at the end of the stairs and left again , and you are now in the Sukhumvit road. Just walk on for about 200 meters and you will soon see the sign for Jasmine City and a Starbucks. When you are outside Starbucks , you see a walkway which takes you over the other side of the road. You see then a Lexus shop and therefore walk 10 meter back to the right when you are on street level. This is the Soi 18 , which goes to the hotel. Walk 250-300 meter on your left side , and you have arrived !

I had a standard room , and I liked very much the colors and the outlay of the room. The bed was very good and everything worked fine. They have 2 iMacs for free use in the lobby and
the staff is always happy to help . I didn't try the breakfast , but as some of other guests have already mentioned , it's supposed to be very good ! You can buy sandwiches and drinks in the lobby, if you are not going for the breakfast option. You can also do as I did, just buy something from the vendors in the streets !

If you like running, you should go the lumphini park. I took the MRT train from Sukhumvit 6am twice in a row. It was just fantastic too see all the people exercising so early in the morning with jogging, aerobics session, Tai Chi etc. I tried the swimming pol on my last morning and it was fresh ! It is only warmed up by the sun , so swimming is possibly best in the afternoon after a long day of walk !

I will highly recommend Park Plaza to all future guests !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Norwegian,

Turku, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here 7 days during 01/2014 protest and everything was great!

Hotel is located really nicely close to Asok. So you can go to Asok BTS in 5 minutes. Emporiums Shopping Center in 10 minutes, Nana area (lot of bars and so on) in 15 minutes.

Service was really nice and because we had this Club Floor room we were able to use second level restaurant for free between 17:30 and 19:30. Free snacks, drinks and so on! Really nice thing after long day outside!

They have a nice rooftop pool, but we didn't use it so cannot say more about it! It looked nice!

I will go there again absolutely!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Subbe,

Berkeley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel was my first landing spot in Bangkok on my recent visit...deposited directly from the airport. I would characterize this hotel as a solid good quality property that definitely rates 4 stars, but nothing quite rated excellent enough to get 5.

The lobby staff was one of the weak points. Many of the front desk staff had English difficulties, difficulties with the credit card machine, and seemed primarily interested in upsells. There was more than one opportunity to upgrade the room, breakfast, etc. Also not the typical help with luggage or friendly attitude that one would find at their sister property, Park Plaza Sukhumvit.

The rooms are compact but quite nice. The view is quite unremarkable. Beds are comfy, showers are nice. Wi-Fi is average (some authentication issues). Rooms are quite quiet. The roof deck and pool area while small are rather nice.

I do like the location of this hotel. It's down a smaller street, Soi 18, which is less busy than Sukhumvit Road (look for the Lexus dealership). It's a short 7 minute or so walk to the Skytrain and a bit longer walk to the MRT.

Despite gold status with Club Carlson, no upgrade was offered...or perhaps it was an upgrade to a higher floor with a slightly better view? No comparison to how Marriott treats their Golds.

Overall, a solid new location, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: A high floor will help reduce noise and get you away from unattractive views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear CountryPlus,

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Been to Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18? Share your experiences!