“Modern equip, comfortable and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 to your Saves list
Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Sukhumvit Soi 18, Sukhumvit Road | Klongteoy, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #32 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Modern equip, comfortable and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very good stay for three nights, the room ambience is so good i sleep peacefully at night. The hotel location is great within walking distance to Asoke Sky Train and Terminal 21. The Hotel located at small road keep away noise from main road. The hotel staff are very friendly always keep with smile

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Stefanie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Park Plaza is well situated with easy access to the BTS. The rooms are very comfortable and well-equipped and general facilities are very good. The restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet although is rather quiet in the evening.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear HNDAC2PG,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is easily reached from Asoke BTS/Sky Train station (5 minute walk), and is situated down a relatively quiet Soi. We arrived from the airport and were given a very warm greeting with a welcome soft drink whilst we checked in - check in was very fast and efficient and we were in our room within 5 minutes of arrival.
We received a room upgrade to an executive room and the room itself was modern, spacious with a vast bed and was very, very clean. Bath robes and slippers are also provided and are of a good quality.
The bathroom in the executive room was huge, with a full sized bath and separate rain shower. The air conditioning in the room was easily operated and controlled and was very effective. The hotel doesn’t have balconies but this being in central Bangkok, I don’t think I would have liked one anyhow!
The roof top swimming pool is a good size and also offers sun loungers and a hot tub. The pool is very nice to have a cool down in! The roof top bar provides bar snacks and drinks and is well priced.
We did not try the breakfast / other restaurants as we had other plans, but I have no reason to expect them to be anything but great.
We returned at the end of our trip for a further 3 nights and were shown the same high levels of hospitality (we had another upgrade to an even better room this time). It didn’t have the best view but this is an eight story building in the middle of a crowded city so what can you expect!
There is a very nice bar to the right as you exit the hotel that is also highly recommended for a drink / bite to eat before heading off into the Bangkok night. It is a very popular bar and was always busy but it was never noisy and the service again is excellent.
I would not hesitate to stay here again when I am next in Bangkok – it is probably one of my favourite hotels I’ve stayed in. It manages to have the personal touch of a small boutique hotel while still offering the service and infrastructure associated with a large hotel chain.
Getting to the airport with a load of packed suitcases is achievable on the sky train but I would recommend getting a cab. It cost us about 280 baht including some toll fees for the highway.

Room Tip: The hotel offers upgrades at very good rates - well worth it! One side of the building faces the roa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NJ1984,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for noting our room type upgrades on arrival! :)

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Room was so clean and modern and smelling nice everyday, Breakfast was awsome with different dishes and very delicious, Staff was super friendly. I loved that pool on the top of the hotel and the air in the pool was fresh, Shuttle service was great and useful to go in some minutes to the main street. ..Its location is perfect: 5 minutes walk to the MRT station, a big mall and some international restau...Would definitely stay there again..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear KamDali,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Rugeley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel on paper looks ideal and in a good location – however in reality it falls short. We stayed here on honeymoon on the recommendation of a Thai relative - and appreciated being upgraded to an executive ‘suite’. Nice touches like the bed decoration were appreciated but the room was just a normal sized room with a huge bathroom and separate toilet. Nice but not that spacious.

Whowever designed the interior décor either never visited the hotel or forgot that it’s totally enclosed on one side by the Windsor suites and on the other by the Rembrandt – (see the attached picture) - Inside lots of dark and black tiles, dark carpets and red dim lighting in the corridors and restaurant mean that it has a continual ‘dim’ night club atmosphere. With no air-conditioning in the lifts or corridors the light and heat can feel oppressive. The lighting in the rooms and bathroom was so dim that my wife had to put on make up by the light of the window.

The corridors also appear to host a thriving mosquito population that migrate into the rooms daily each time they are cleaned – after experiencing some 20 bites over two nights we had to request mosquito spray to eliminate those in the room – we then had no further problems.

The hotel has a ‘buy one get one’ free happy hour and the drinks menu clearly shows items that are not applicable to ‘happy hour’ – so safe to assume the rest are applicable –wrong!. Wine by the glass qualifies for happy hour but by the bottle does not. We were informed of this when on the second bottle and so complained – this issue had to go through all levels of staff to the General Manager Peter who was very sympathetic and agreed to our complaint. It then took 4 versions of the bill to get it correct – not good.

We have to say that the GM went out of his way to help on any aspect we had – but the staff still need a lot of training – no refill of coffee/tea offered during breakfast, staff clearing away 20 minutes before breakfast is supposed to finish etc.

There is a Friday rooftop BBQ that we went to – 599 bhts per person – sounds reasonable but turns out quite expensive when you add on the 10% service and 7% vat. One thing I found annoying was being presented with each bill to sign with an empty line showing ‘TIP’ when we were already paying a 10% service charge – over a 10 day stay that 10% really mounts up

On our return to BKK we stayed next door at our preferred BKK hotel at the Rembrandt – better room, better rate and far better service.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the Sukhumvit side of the hotel - these have more natural daylight - those on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Klem47,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your feedback and recommendations, I have since implemented some various measures accordingly: 1. The Sway menu now clearly notes that Happy Hour is applicable for wine by the glass as opposed to bottle consumption, 2. Friday Night BBQ is THB 599 nett per person and I double checked the Micros code (terminal) and this is reflected accordingly (doesn't add on the service charge and tax). Thank you and I am also implementing some other facets accordingly. Thank you again for this.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel is quite design and is a good value for money. Rooms are nice with very comfortable beds and pleasant shower. Wifi is sometimes not too fast, especially if you are at the club floor.
The outside swimming pool at the top floor is really great and a good place to relax in the middle of the buildings or enjoy happy hour. Do not miss the barbecue buffet every Friday night, very yummy and quite cheap compared with Thai standards.
Unfortunately, the bad thing of this hotel is the staff, I had probably one of the worst service in my life in a hotel… Very unpleasant, cold welcome, absolutely not professional staff. Just catastrophic !!
If you are a gold member, unless the hotel is almost empty, expect not to receive an upgrade, (or a room to the club floor with a terrible view), a ridicule welcome gift, a staff who is not aware of what are the gold benefits. What a pity as the hotel is quite good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pitt1912,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I have provided your feedback to all our management concerned and to all service sections for their information and for necessary rectification. Sincere apologies on this and I am now investigating this in detail for necessary enhancement.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is very friendly, did what we asked for. The one thing is I didn't like was the actual location set of from the main road, quite dark to walk back at night. So suggest to take a cab at night, felt a bit unsafe sometimes. During the day its fine, as everything is open around, especially towards the skytrain. Easy to navigate, as Bangkok traffic is a nightmare, try and use the public transport if you want to get from A to B faster. The complementary tuk tuk to the end of the street isn't really worth it. Stayed here as the first few days of a trip around Thailand.

It was cheap, so I guess that offsets for all the rest of the niggles. Unfortunately I found the Thai to be very two faced in general. They try and sell everything to you, and would sell their mother down the river if it made a buck. Do I blame them, not at all, as the tourists are horrible for wanting the world and then some for next to nothing. And also they treat them like trash, which is horrible!! But the hasstle of haggling for everything and never getting a straight answer to anything really gave me a bad taste of Thailand as a whole. I think you can say the tourists suffocated what the came there for in the first place, service with a smile. This smile is now a very forced and fake one. A great shame, as I think the Thai do have a sence of service and compassion for everybody by nature. But for instance like any in other country, everybody speaks English, until your really need them, then suddenly they don't know anything and only speak the native language. Also the wai they do to us tourists, is not something they do in daily life at every encounter. Spent some time with family, and got a taste of the real Thailand. People just trying to struggle through life as the rest of just, just with a lot less budget, don't misuse that. Had (too?) high hopes for Thailand, but won't be unfortunately returning very soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Aquasolaris,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments in relation to our team!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Been to Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18? Share your experiences!