“Worst hotel we stayed at in SE Asia” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SN Mansion (Sarasinee Mansion)

You added SN Mansion (Sarasinee Mansion) to your Saves list
SN Mansion (Sarasinee Mansion)
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   111 Intamara Soi 22, Sutthisan Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #397 of 565 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
1.5 of 5 stars 9 Reviews
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worst hotel we stayed at in SE Asia”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location is so far out it cost us a lot to get in and out everyday and its too far to walk to the train line.
Room is not warming in the slightest. There was a pigeon nest on our balcony and found 2 little roaches in our room. There were 5 huge roaches dead in the hallway on one occasion too
They didnt pay their Internet bill so our net was so temperamental - not what we needed as we had to meet some people cross the city.
Don't do it. Ever.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Avoid this hotel if you are in Bangkok for a limited amount of time. It is FAR away from any restaurants or area to enjoy a nice meal and the BTS can only be reached by taxi. The hallways were dingy, pool area dirty and general service poor. We felt like we were staying in the slums and really did not enjoy our stay here - especially after we were charged 150 Baht extra on our second nights booking?! There are many other hotels in the area, so do your research properly and avoid this hotel, if possible!

• Stayed April 2013
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My complements to the photographer who made this place look way better than it is. This hotel is way past it's prime and in need of a total upgrade.
The first night, they gave me a room without a deadbolt. There was just that simple door lock used in bathrooms. That next day, I complained and they moved me. Of course while I was out during the day, they just went in my room without my knowledge or permission, grabbed my stuff and moved it.
As for my next room, it was filthy and unkempt. I just don't think they care. They don't even do the basic cleaning here. Just the bare minimum to keep guest happy. Needless to say, I would be embarrassed if I kept my house like this.
The neighborhood is so-so at best. You are going to take a taxi anywhere you want to go in Bangkok as this place is not near the subway or skytrain line. Figure in the cost of transportation and you can do much better than this place.
I regret staying here. I regret giving them my money. I regret getting fooled by the hotel's description. For pictures, go to xpedia in the and see this same review.

Room Tip: The best room is the one not here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had booked this location via Airbnb.com which showed us an attractive and great spacious modern furnitured room, nice painted colour walls and stylish decorated interior!
How wrong can the reality be when we arrived at the hotel.. The reception "lobby" looks more as an low budget bed and breakfast sleeper instead of a modern hotel like Holiday Inn Express when you see the rooms showed on their website!
After checking in we went to our room on the 9th floor, room 908.
When we opened the door we were so disappointed about the given room. It's totally not comparable with the pictures on their website! This room is a copy of the rooms of a local hospital back in the 1960! The only "modern" decoration in our room was the tv model 1990. There is one wooden closet with ugly hangers, a mini fridge, an outdated working table and two single size beds covered up with stained sheets.
The bathroom is really a disgrace however the boiler and toilet are working surprisingly well. Except the ventilation engine that sound so loud, this is so loud that we decided not to switch it on when we are in the bathroom! The floor in our room are surprisingly clean! Thank God.

Our corridor on the 9th floor is truly in need for a new paint. Infact the whole hotel need a total renovation! When you walk to the elevator you will see around the corner a waste bin closet with open doors. You as a guest will see all the garbage from your level piled up! That is to my opinion not such a view you want to bring back home in your memory..
On the hotel roof you will find the swimming pool.
The two nights we were at Sarasinee Mansion the pool looks clean and well maintained.
Infact the pool is a positive facility during our stay.
We did not moved to another htl due our late arrival from the airport. So we stayed the next day again just to regained our energy and to compansate the time differences from our European time zone.
Overall the whole hotel need a total renovation and Sarasinee need definitely to remove the old pictures on their website. Those pictures are MISLEADING visitors to its current hotel situation and conditions!

The three only positive issues here are the outstanding helpful receptionist named Soi, the roof pool and the hotel location which is loacted in a nice suburban area surrounded with local eatery and cafes. But I will never visit Sarasinee Mansion again. There are more nicer accommodations available in Bangkok with the same price tag. As stated already by other previous guest, I will not recommend this address to my friends or relatives unless you are desperatly.

Room Tip: I don't have any single suggestions at all. The whole building need a major renovation!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Whitehorse, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I did book one month in advance, the day I showed up I got a different room since front desk did not have the explanation of what happened. But this "bigger" room was not clean at all, bugs everywhere, dusty, hairs in bathroom floor, etc. We did not complain right away since we were very tired after long flight. Next day no houkeeping service, so after a few complain at front desk housekeeper showed up late afternoon and we get clean towels and toilette paper. This building is dirty, is crying for repairs and painting. All those pictures in the web are old. In many years this have been the worst Hotel I booked in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Definitely, go to another Hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ban Phe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Quiet room, good bed and aircon. Friendly staff with skills according to the price. Fine breakfast but order and use it at your room, not at the 'parking place' terrace. Take's time.
Parking place for your car. Easy to get a taxi to Soi Ari. Here you can find several restaurants and the Skytrain. Also restaurants around the hotel, opposite you find a cosy student bar.
Typical Thai surroundings and several things to see and do not to far.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to SN Mansion (Sarasinee Mansion)? Share your experiences!