“Disrespectful staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of CityPoint Hotel

You added CityPoint Hotel to your Saves list
CityPoint Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6/22 Asoke-Sukhumvit Intersection | (Opposite Exchange Tower) Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #99 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Disrespectful staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Couldn't imagine myself going against the trend when I first saw the room, as it was nice, with all the regular trimmings ie. comfy bed, good air con, good tv, etc. However, every time I would come back to the hotel after an outing I would have the door opened for me (appreciated, thank you) and then get a comment made in thai as I was walking by, followed by rapturous laughter. I would consider this an anomaly if it happened once, yet it happened every time I entered the hotel. It doesn't take much to be nice/show a modicum of respect to customers. Sad to say this because It is a nice hotel but if the staff are rude, for mine it's a fail. Won't be back and will ward friends off the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear ShoelessJoe73,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apology for what happened on your recent stay. I understand that the staff’s behavior must have caused a lot of your feeling. I know that any reason given for this will not erase the mistake. But I would like to explain what exactly happened. After reading your review I immediately investigated with the staff that work at the front desk and found that their laughing was not at you, but from their talking and chatting to each other which of course in Thai as you heard when you passed by. Moreover, when you asked the bellboy who stood at the lobby about the laughing he did not know how to answer you in English since he speaks very little English.

As a result of this unprofessional behavior, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again by recreating customer service training session to our team.

At CityPoint we do pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of services and what you experienced is most unusual. If you return I would be glad to meet you personally and make sure your stay meets our standards

Phitchanun Suphromin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It is my 1st time to Bangkok, was looking for a good hotel and come across Citypoint Hotel recommended by Trip advisor.Affortable for our buget
Clean room with comfy beds, just a 5mins walk to Asok BTS and is near shopping mall terminal 21 great shopping area.
There is also a spa 'Urban Retreat' just a few walks away from the hotel with great massage
The staff were friendly with wonderful services
Simply Great~~

Will come back for my 2nd trip to bangkok :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lotital,

Thank you very much for your feedback and positive review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff were very friendly with wonderful services, and found the location suitable for your needs. We are very centrally located close to all the shops on Sukhumvit area as well as Siam area and lots of great restaurants. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit

Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to give this place a 4 star as the hotel room deserves this. It was clean, large size, cool AC. The included breakfast was lovely. The staff were nice when we wanted to stay another night. The thing that really annoyed us was the misleading "free half day tour". It's a scam essentially and given that we were staying in a nice hotel we didn't think we would be duped. On arrival we were told about doing a free half day tour from 1230-1630hrs. As we had not seen the canals yet we decided to do this. The information stated it was a canal tour for 4 hrs and we have to pay the entrance fee of 350baht each. Essentially they were providing the transport to and from for free. It took 1 hr to get there then we spent less than 45 mins in the actual canal boat. The remainder of the time was to be at the gem factory for which we were only told after the boat canal cruise and completed the tour guide appraisal form. They were extremely pushy and we didn't want to look so we sat down waiting for the rest of the group. Our tour guide then came and spoke to us. Asking personal questions if we had plans and what we are doing in the evening. Of course trying to tout for more scams. By this point we were furious and told him its none of his business and that we want to return back to hotel. The remaining 1.5 hrs of the "tour" were spent dropping other people back to various hotels. On return to our hotel I double checked the information and it didn't state anything about a gem factory. Really angry and annoyed about the whole thing. Don't get sucked in by this. I hope the hotel gets rid of these tours or become more transparent with clients in that half the trip is a gem factory as I think it's in the best interest of the hotel reputation.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Jessica A,

It is wonderful to read that overall you enjoyed the atmosphere and service at Citypoint. However, I was sorry to learn that our free canal tour did not reach your expectation. We have a complimentary of canal tour for 4 hours and these 4 hours is including travelling from and to hotel. The approximately time for doing a tour on the canal is 45 minutes long. I do apologize that my team did not inform you about this. Further, this is a Joining Tour, not a Private Tour, and this was the reason why you wasted your time by dropping other people back to their hotel as well as other people did. Regards to the gem factory I have checked with the tour company and found that the visit of local product store is stated clearly on their website, but there was misunderstanding and incomplete information giving to you on your request of joining a tour and I have taken this into the tour company attention to improve the service of giving out information to the guest to assure that this issue will not occur again.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Citypoint in the not too distant future. When your plan brings you back to Bangkok, please do let me know if I can be of any assistance to make your next tour more satisfactory

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

2nd time staying here. First time was when it first opened two years ago. The service and breakfast has improved. Rooms are still just as clean and well kept. Good shower and Bed. Location is fantastic. 5 minutes walk to Asoke Interchange to get on the BTS (Siam Paragon, Platinum Mall and Central World) and the MRT (Chatuchak and Sathorn).

It is 10 minutes walk to Healthland Asoke for my 2 hour Thai Massage at 450 baht and 5 minutes walk to Terminal 21 shopping wall that has a great food court and good shopping. 10 minutes walk to Nana where many tailors are. (I always go to Tom's Fashion)

Book online via their website for the best rates.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Marcus T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay at CityPoint Hotel, and we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay once again. Thank you also for your continued support, we are always delighted to welcome you back. We are very proud of the level of service we provide to our guests and work incredibly hard to ensure each and every guest receives this service.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I travel to Bangkok quite often, we have tried few hotels, mostly 5 stars. However, this time, after checking with Tripadvisor, we found CityPoint hotel and give it a try.
OMG, wonderful service, excellent price and location. With that said, CityPoint is 8 minutes walking distance to our favorite spa in Bangkok. We enjoyed our stay and sure will return to this hotel
Thanks to the friendly staffs, from the moment we got off the taxi till we leave the hotel to the airport, always smiling
THANK YOU!
P.S. The room was super CLEAN

Room Tip: There is an money exchange stall right be CityPoint give best rate, this is another plus :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Juliana_Yow,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. At Citypoint Hotel, we strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. We are glad you experienced this during your stay. We have a very passionate dedicated team who work consistently hard to make sure each and every guest has a memorable stay with us. It is nice to read that you did. I am very pleased to hear that you liked our rooms and found them to be very clean and comfortable.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Citypoint Hotel, Bangkok, soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

As my typed out long title, I simply love how simple, clean, and how freshly scent this hotel. Love the fact that this hotel is easy accessible via BTS / MRT or to get a taxi. Simple breakfast is served. Love the lift and the stair (as we can choose which to use).

There were 6 of us ladies (yes, it was a hens night ladies trip). We were able to sit comfortably in the lobby's sofa to wait for our taxis, or even sit outside to enjoy the fresh air or pollute the air, plus the 24hours mini bar (beer to some cocktails etc)

The staffs took good care of our luggages while we headed out for our last massage sessions. Returned to await for our taxis to the airport and we were still nicely greeted. Will definitely stay here again if I am returning to Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TurtleFan4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at Citypoint Hotel. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and we hope that you will come back and stay with us once again in the near future.

Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel has a great location near the BTS and the MRT. Rooms are nice, new, clean and the bed is so comfortable. We had booked a special deal ensuring us an airport transfer. We had set up this transfer with the hotel about a month before our arrival. Turns out our driver went to the wrong airport. After standing around for about an hour, my fiance and I just got a cab. The cab driver called our hotel and arranged it for the hotel to pay our fare. Then the hotel upgraded our room. It was frustrating, but they dealt with it well. The staff was great, even though they spoke little english. It was a good, affordable stay for a great room in a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Whitna85,

Thank you, we really appreciate your feedback, and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that the location was suitable for your needs. I will certainly share your comments with the team.

Regards to the transfer please accept my sincere apologies for sending the driver to the wrong airport and I do hope this will not deter you from returning to Citypoint Hotel, we do pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of services and what you experienced is most unusual.

Phitchanun Suphromin

Been to CityPoint Hotel? Share your experiences!