“Very good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bangkok City Hotel

You added Bangkok City Hotel to your Saves list
Bangkok City Hotel
268 Soi Petchburi 10 - 12 Petchburi Road | Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #269 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Ratnapura ,Sri Lanka
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of the best cheep hotel in Bangkok. rooms are ok but it small. Room and other service is best. Food is not bad. Rooms are facing nice city sights. The Working staff friendly with every one all ways smiling with us.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stay at this hotel for 2nights,have a pleasant stay.Room are quite huge with a simple and modern design.I like their breakfast,plenty of choice and the food is very nice.Easy to get public transport,taxi and tul tuk always standby infront of hotel.Train station about 10-15mins walk.Overall have a great stay here.

Stayed June 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Check-in was fast but the staff was very rude. Room was clean, the bath was nice but the bed is a brick and the pillows are concrete stones from the ruins of Ayutthaya. The pool area was nice and relaxing after the tours. The breakfast sucked!!! DO NOT ORDER ROOM SERVICE!!!! It was disgusting and cold, just go out to eat. I gave this hotel 3 stars because it is clean, good location and nice pool but I would NOT stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Metro Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is my third time visiting Bangkok and like before I have no big issue in terms of the places I have been staying in. I had a very high rating with the previous hotel I stayed in (I was in Bangkok last year almost same time as this year) but that is to be expected since the hotel has more stars than this hotel.

I would say that Bangkok City Hotel's amenities are just right for the price we paid for it. We stayed there for 4 nights and 5 days and as far as cleanliness is concerned it was an"A okay". The towels are changed everyday and although my mom and I didn't really use the free soap and shampoo I am sure it is being replenished everyday (based on my companions' experience). I have no issue with the breakfast either because it was exactly what I had in mind when I paid for the accommodation. They almost have the same menu everyday so if you are picky with what you eat, you may opt for a pricier hotel. I rated almost all criteria as average except for the service. They had an error in the billing and the receptionist (who took a long time checking us in) didn't even bother to apologize for the error. I didn't really expect them to be since nobody from the reception area looked happy to see us when we checked in. They look like they hate being there (lol). I almost would give them a poor rating had it not for one lady who was cleaning the rooms, she greeted us with a smile and looked very happy to see us. She is probably the only one who attended a customer service training in that hotel :-)

Anyways, the hotel is not very near the MTR... but it is manageable. If you have kids and are with elderly people, you should take a taxi going to places or just book a hotel nearer the BTS. The hotel is also near a lot of food stalls and a 711 so you will not likely go hungry if you stay there.

Although this hotel is not exactly one of my preferred hotels, I wouldn't mind staying in this place again.

Room Tip: all room are the same but request for one that has a street view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel is great value but the receptionist were so rude & unhelpful.
Personally I think the location is a little far, if you are happy catching the BTS everywhere then it's okay but by taxi, too far out.
Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Caloocan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked this hotel directly on their website because of the good feedback I have read here. I booked a Family room which has a Queen Bed and one single bed, buffet breakfast is included.

We arrived at the airport in the morning at 9 AM and took the city line to Phaya Thai station. I was thinking if I should take the connecting BTS train going to the hotel or just take a taxi downstair.
Since I know that we still need to walk from the BTS station to BCH, I opted to take the taxi. This turns out to be a good decision. As we come down the station to the taxi stand, there is a taxi table there with security personnel helping you get a taxi to use the meter. You just need to show the lady guard your destination and she will radio for the taxi. She will also talk to the driver for your destination. When we boarded the taxi, I make sure that the driver used the meter. There was a little traffic going to the Hotel but our taxi fare is only Bath 48. I gave the driver Bath 50. If we took the BTS, it will cost us Bath45 for 3 pax but we still need to walk quite a distance while dragging our luggage. With the taxi, we were dropped off right in front of the hotel's door.

We were immediately checked in as early as 10 AM. You need to leave Bath100 deposit for the key card which will be returned to you upon checkout.
For those who want to sneak-in guests to the hotel, I encourage you to do so; the hotel is not that strict. Sneak-ins can even get free breakfast.

We were assigned at room 1103 which is near the elevator. We did not encounter any trouble waiting for the elevator at all as reported by other members here..The beds are a little bit hard similar to beds in China. There is a small bathtub inside the shower room. Clean and new towels and small towels provided every day. The LCD TV has some limited English channels. Wifi is definitely fast. I managed to use my smart phone to watch streaming TV from home.

Location-wise it is OK only for me. It is in the middle of the city but the nearest mall, Platinum mall is at least a kilometer away (around 20 minutes walk). That is far considering the warm weather in Bangkok. The nearest BTS station is around 10 minutes walk. We changed our money in the bank near the hotel but take note that traffic crossing takes several minutes of waiting. We also took the taxi going to Grand Palace, the fare is only less than Bath45 using the meter. However, don't expect to get a taxi willing to use their meter going back to the hotel.

If you like to eat Thai cusines, i suggest you try the Restaturant next door at Samplan's place. The foods are great.

Room Tip: A/C units gets cooler in the evening for agood night sleep.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here with a couple of work colleagues after a work trip. Will echo what most people have said about this hotel in terms of great location, value, cleanliness. We arrived late morning and they were able to give us our rooms right away, so that was really nice. Very little sound insulation from the corridor to the bedroom so you can hear people's coming and going. The breakfast is a bit underwhelming as they cannot accommodate so many people. If you want cheap local breakfast, go out of the door and turn left and then next street left and there are a few local beef/pork noodle shops. Also be warned that the lifts are quite under capacity and if you're leaving during peak period, be prepared to wait.

Room Tip: Get an end room because not very good sound insulatoin
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Bangkok City Hotel? Share your experiences!