“Watch your credit card” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #280 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Watch your credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business purpose back in April and I have to say I was so NOT impressed.
Rooms are small, you could almost sit in the toilet and have a shower at the same time.
Cleanliness was really average and service is just equivalent to a poor local hotel.
I have lived in Thailand for 4 years and stayed at better hotels around.
Booking was made for me and paid by my company...that I thought.
I left my credit card at reception back in April as garantee just to find out that 6 months later they used my credit card to charge for a night I did not have. A charge in September when I was not even in Thailand at that time...5555 JOKE as they say in Thailand!
Just be careful in this hotel as I do not trust them at all. I sent request to the management and still desperatly waiting to get an explanation and also reimbursement of that night wihch is simply a fraud.
Just don't stay there...really, Bangkok is a city with thousands of hotels and why would you choose to stay in that place. It is not eve convenient as a location and there are many better places on Sukhumvit road.
DO NOT BOTHER...STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear J CaptDan963,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for staying with us in April and your time sharing comment. I have shared your complement to all the staff.

We work professionally and we do not take a credit card only use your card via EDC machine to make a guarantee for any other expenses. At the check out, we will clear out everything in front of our guest.

May you provide with full detail to the undersign, we will try our best possible way to sort thing out for you.

Best regards,
Kotchapol Nelson
gm@citrus13bangkok.com

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This stylish Hotel is located in Soi 13 Sukhumvit Road. Not far away from Asok BTS station. Free Tuk Tuk service run by the Hotel is available.
WiFi for free with a good speed. Swimming Pool on the roof is small but okay to get a refreshment. Supermarkets, Pubs and Massage not far away.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
I had the Executive King Room on the 4th floor and everything was working fine. Room and bathroom clean so I can't agree to other raters comments.
Unfortunately it is quiet common in Thailand that even new Hotels have defective appearance
like scratches in the furniture etc. I don't know if europeans are to picky but for me it's a real pity to see that.
As mentioned by a rater the noise due to construction work ongoing near the Hotel is true but during the night I had no problems to sleep and I'm usually sensitive with noise. Bangkok is in general a big construction side. There is always some work ongoing.
I can absolutely recommend this Hotel. It has a lot of potential if small things get fixed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in Citrus 13 Hotel for ten days on the second half of September 2013.

Location:
The hotel is located some 600 meters from Nana BTS station up soi 13 (13.743007,100.557877 https://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.741991,100.557550). This means that on the first day, if you arrive by public transport (e.g., the airport link to Phaya Thai and then BTS to Nana) you'd have to schlep your luggage quite a way. On the other hand, the location is quiet by BKK standards, on a non-major soi.

To get to the Nana BTS station from the hotel, you may go down soi 13 all the way to Sukhumvit, and then turn right. A better way (IMO) is to go down soi 13 past The Sportsman Bar and restaurant, to location 13.741139, 100.557582 (+13° 44' 28.10", +100° 33' 27.30") where you'll see a passage on the right that will take you to Villa Market on soi 11. Then you turn left and walk to Sukhumvit to the bottom of the stairs of the Nana BTS station.

To get to Sukhumvit MRT station, go down soi 13 towards Sukhumvit some 40 meters to the edge of the construction site on the left (13.742084,100.557759). then use the passage on the edge of the construction site to get to Soi 15 (13.7421,100.558617). Turn right towards Sukhumvit and walk some 150 meters to the lane on the left (13.740802,100.558604). This lane will take you past soi 19 to soi Asok (about 350 meters to 13.740479,100.561857) then turn right and walk to the northern entry to the Sukhumvit MRT station (about 230 meters to 13.73853,100.561503).

Room:
I stayed in room 809 (8th floor, two floors down from the maids' room).
Room is very clean, in good repair, and very modern looking (I'll get to that later).
The room includes: safe, electric water kettle, air-drier, TV, Wi-Fi, Wired Internet, refrigerator, air-conditioning, shower, toilet.
The TV selection is somewhat limited, but with the alternatives available on the Internet, that shouldn't be a problem.

The outer walls of the shower are mirrored which is a nice touch. The wall facing the TV/Window is slideable, so if you have exhibitionism tendencies, or just want to watch TV while showering, you may do so.

All the lights in the room are controllable from a bedside touch-pad console. The TV and A/C aren't controlled from the console though, which is a shame.

I stayed on the 8th floor, which is basically the penthouse, but had no view to speak of (just looking down soi 13), as the hotel is surrounded by much taller buildings. Don't expect much in way of view.

Amenities (per person):
Bath robe, two bath towels, two small towels, shower gel, shower shampoo/conditioner, body lotion, ear Q-tips, two 500ml water bottles, 3 condoms.

Problems:

Inline images 2
If you visit BKK during the rainy season, note that the area in front of the hotel's entrance (all the soi shown in the above photograph), some 30 meters up and down soi 13 will be flooded which may actually prohibits you from getting to the hotel on foot.

Gripes:
I ordered a room for two persons, and even though I asked the lobby manager and the maids for amenities for two people, I was only give amenities for one.
Q-tips were not replenished.
No toothpaste/toothbrushes and no shaving utensils provided.
Two requests made of the front desk's manager were not carried out (however, on the whole all the hotel staff are helpful, amicable, and not unprofessional).
Laundry:
Just across from the hotel lobby, go down some steps and the down the corridor for 5 meters to a Laundry: It's ฿60 per Kilo, and ฿90 per Kilo with ironing. There's additional ฿15 service charge.

General:
You use your room's key-card to operate the elevator.
There're few 7-elevens, and a Villa Market within easy walking distance.
Bottom line:
Modern, clean, well run hotel with a friendly staff, located a bit far from public transportation, in a non-central Sukhumvit soi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Citrus 13 very much for 18 nights. The staffs were very helpful and everything in the rooms worked very well. When the shower spray was loose, immediately they changed my room for a better one. The only thing that wasn't available during my stay was the swimming pool which was under repair. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend of mine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Citrus 13. The room was compact and efficent. Everything in the room worked just fine. Even though there was construction work going on next to the hotel, i didn't mind it all that much, although some people might. The multi-media was great for me to use. You didn't need a travel adaptor to use it. I just plugged in my powerboard and it worked just fine, it's a universal adaptor, it takes all sorts. The bed was very comfortable to sleep on. The rooftop pool was working at the time i was there and it was great to use after a tiring time walking the Bangkok streets. The showers worked fine. Breakfast was good, the cleaning staff efficent and the front desk was courteous and helpful whenever required.
The hotel is situated near Asoke BTS train station and Terminal 21 a 5minute walk away. Also there are two pubs nearby which show all types of sports live if that's your thing. I would stay here again if ever in Bangkok because of the proximity of the BTS. Stayed here from 14/09 to 19/09 2013

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Udon Thani, Udon Thani, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel, staff and service lovely. Soi 13 not so lovely at the moment due to mass construction sites. Just check prior to booking as I have been twice now and the pool has been closed for the entire duration on both occasions. Personally I need a Hotel with a pool to relax in the hot afternoons and without this there is nowhere to 'chill out'.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cape Town, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday evening just after 20h00. We booked two rooms which had to be upgraded because we stayed 5 nights, but when we arrived we were told that only one room could be upgraded. When we got to our room the bathroom was dirty and there were tissues under the bed. In the other room the shower was not working. We phoned reception and they got somebody to clean the bathroom and fix the shower immediately even though it was after 20h00. The tuk tuk was in for repairs throughout the duration of our stay, and the pool was closed for maintenance.
On the whole we had a good stay despite the few problems we had when we arrived. Free wi fi and bottled water.The bed was very comfortable. We found the staff friendly and helpful. Ton will organise a taxi at a good rate. We were allowed to store our luggage for 2 nights as we did not want to take it with us to Kanchanaburi.
Near to Nana sky train and the MRT station which is close to Terminal 21, a must see.There are many stalls on the pavement. We even found some items cheaper than at Chatatuk Market.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Denise C,

Thank you very much for taking your time to gave a comment in regards to your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We are grateful for your kind comments on staff efficiency, friendliness and helpful, our bed conditions and so on. We always strive to provide an excellent customer service and be the best in the area.

We are very concerned about the service errors made during your check in time regarding to the room upgrade process as well as room condition and other valuable comment. What had happen was an exception rather than norm and please be assured that the Management team has reviewed with all associates concerned and investigated this issue.

We do apologize for any inconvenience. We will take note of your feedback, appropriate action and preventative measurement has been setup to ensure such the incident will not re-occurred and your comments will definitely help us to improve and be well prepared for the next hotel guests.

It was a bit surprised for me as on your comment regarding to the Tuk Tuk service which you mention that it was under repaired, we actually provided and run the daily service provide to all our hotel guests during the period of minor maintenance on our pool. However, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we are now re-open the pool areas for all guest service.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and look forward to welcome you back to Citrus13 Hotel Bangkok in a very near future.

Warmest regards,

Anupab Maneekorn
(Hotel Manager)

Been to Citrus Sukhumvit 13? Share your experiences!