“Hands Down the French Food in Town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 7,818 restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: A true original Introducing Eve, the starlet of Bangkok. With an irresistible mystique and unquestionable good taste, she woos global epicures and local foodies alike with her sophisticated design and inventive French Provençal menu. Eve’s gastronomic philosophy focuses on freshly-sourced ingredients and a menu that evolves with the seasons, so that it always features relevant and innovative dishes. Indulge in an elegant soirée in Eve's private dining room, an evening of celebration and haute cuisine. An experience so good you’ll want to share it – or be tempted to keep it all to yourself.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Hands Down the French Food in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My friends from Belgium told me about this restaurant, calling it the best food they had on their trip to Bangkok (we were at the resto of a 5 star hotel when they said this, so apparently Eve is better). I was been madly curious about it for a while and finally tried it yesterday - I'm head over heels for this place.

There's only one way I like my foie gras, seared and with a sauce, and that's exactly how it was served at Eve. The two sauces were exquisite with the option of crunchy little balls on the side that added a fun twist to the dish.

I adore snow fish because it's so rich with that melt-in-your-mouth goodness. It pleased me to see the snow fish topped with fried arugula, one of the best tasting greens with a peppery hint.

The most stunning part of the evening was dessert... I have a sweet tooth and always love to end each meal with a sweet palate. The dish looked like three mochi balls in some kind of soup but it was actually ravioli (not the same as pasta!) filled with coconut and lychee sorbet... the explosion of sugary coolness from the balls combined with the tangy "soup" was incredible. My dining partner stepped away from the table for a minute and I literally gobbled them all up before he could try any... they were that good!

Service was impeccable. Cold towels were brought just when I needed to freshen up, it was as if the server had a six sense!

• Visited July 2011

88% Recommend
Farnborough
“Fantastic French onion soup and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We went to this restaurant when we stayed at the hansar last week and we were so pleased that we did, we had one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was exceptional and the waiter was very attentive and very knowledgable on the menu. I had the pumpkin pasta to start, actually a main course but as I couldn't decide between two main courses they kindly did it as a starter. I followed that with the wagyu beef and chocolate souffle. All so delious. My partner had, French onion soup which was the best he had ever had, followed by the lamb and creme brulle for desert. Again, so delious!
The bread basket was replenished as soon as it was empty and we were even given a doggy bag of bread and croissants on leaving. This restaurant is a must if you are at the hangar, or even if your not!

• Visited June 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow and wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

It's not often that you have a pressing need to put pen to paper (or keys to a computer in this case), simply to praise a restaurant. But Eve at Hansar is exemplary and I couldn't be more delighted to sing its praises in the hope that other people may share a similar experience to us.

Eve at Hansar is still relatively undiscovered, but I'm sure it won't stay that way for much longer. Their food has a French take on cuisine and what they serve is really quite something. For entrees, we started with Hokkaido scallops and a crab cake; these were plated beautifully and artistically and had the taste to match its visual splendor. Our mains however still managed to supercede; we had a Salmon and Alaskan Crab dish which was excellent along with a spectacular slow cooked, highly marbled Wagyu short rib, that simply fell apart in your mouth and exploded with flavour. I delighted in every small bite and fell into my chair at the end savouring the whole experience... For dessert lovers, the standard does not drop. We had a very rich chocolate souffle and a layered pannacotta with berry granita to finish on - all outstanding.

The menu is à la carte, although there is a degustation menu that is offered, that changes frequently. A mixed bread bowel with accompanying butter is continually replenished and we even scored a doggy bag of pastries at the end of the night when we left for free. The whole night, we were waited on without fault and really made to feel like valued patrons.

With entrees costing 400-500 baht and mains in large costing 800 baht over (the wagyu and other meat dishes cost over 1000 baht), it is not cheap dining. But we still think we got value for our experience, which speaks very highly for the restaurant. If we are ever back in Bangkok, we will be staying at Hansar and we will be dining at Eve without question.

• Visited June 2011
Bangkok
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Very good modern French cooking at Eve. The restaurant have both outdoor and indoor seating with a big open kitchen. Good selection on the menu and all the food we had were very well prepared, presented and delicious. Moderate wine list with, surprisingly, no top end wines.

Nice dining area but I would seat away from the automatic sliding door which lead out to the open air dining zone as it tend to open and close constantly. Overall highly recommended!

• Visited May 2011