“NEVER AGAIN!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suvarnabhumi Suite Airport Hotel

You added Suvarnabhumi Suite Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Suvarnabhumi Suite Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1675/1 Soi Ladkrabang 11/13 | Latkrabang Road, Latkrabang District, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #362 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Sidney, Canada
“NEVER AGAIN!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I do extensive research on the hotels we stay at and booked this one for a March 2012 stay based on the mostly good reviews it got on Trip Advisor. This is the first time that we have been really disappointed; fortunately it was only for one night or we would have moved.

Beware, as is so often the case, the pictures on the hotel website are deceiving. For a hotel that is only 18 months old it is looking very worn and shabby. It's almost as if they started out with great intentions but then ran out of money and finished the work with whatever was around to patch things up.

Our family of 4 had booked 2 rooms for the night before our flight home. Check in was fast and efficient, staff asked if we needed a wake up call which we arranged for 7:00am the following morning. We never got the call, fortunately we were already awake.

The elevators were the smallest I have ever seen, 2 suitcases and 4 people and it felt like you were packed like sardines in a can. The rooms were very basic and in rough shape. The tv had all Thai channels with one english speaking channel...national geographic. I would have expected being an international airport hotel that it would have offered a variety of channels in different languages. Also, there are a number of outdoor bars in the immediate area with live bands that stay open late into the night so a room facing the street is very noisy.

AVOID the hotel restaurant!! We ate lunch there after a long morning of traveling and it was the worst meal we had on our entire trip. (and most of the food got left on our the plates) The next morning we went back to grab a coffee and some toast at the free breakfast buffet before our flight. Our son poured himself a glass of water from a dispenser only to find long green strands of algae floating in it. I also poured a glass of orange juice from a similar dispenser and found black bits of unknown origin floating in the glass. The coffee was luke warm at best and cream wasn't provided only coffee mate. The waitress was completely uninterested in her job and spent most of her time with her head down looking at her cell phone. Needless to say we left and ate breakfast at the airport.

On a more positive note the transfer to the airport was fast and efficient and the driver was friendly. However based on the other issues I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chippenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for one night and found nothing to fault this excellent hotel. Staff were efficient and extremely helpful. The room was big enough with a huge comfy bed and the ensuite was modern and clean. Breakfast on the 6th floor was plentiful and typically Thai. The area around the hotel looks a bit dodgy however we roamed around at 10pm quite safely and found some great food at very reasonable prices close by. We were so impressed with the place we have booked again for mid Feb prior to flying home.

suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel twice on our recent holiday to Thailand just so we had a base whilst waiting for connecting flights. Very clean and accommodating rooms. Location is ideally suited for the airport as this is an airport hotel so don't expect to be in the middle of the Bangkok tourist trail as I notice some other reviewers were expecting! Take note when booking if you want a room with windows or a balcony as there are rooms at the hotel with neither but when we booked it was clearly listed as such. If you book bed and breakfast the hotel will collect and deliver you to and from the airport with just a quick email letting them know your flight details. If your booked as room only they will still collect or deliver you for just 150TB (bargain). One of the best bits about this hotel is the restaurant/bar is on the rooftop with fantastic views. Will definatly stay here again if the need arises.

Muscat, Oman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a room for new years eve as I had a 17 hour layover in Bangkok. 3 days prior to arriving I contacted the hotel and confirmed by email the arrival date and time and was told to wait at level 2, gate 3 for the hotel representative to come for transfer to the hotel.The flight was 20 minutes late and I waited for one and a half hours but nobody arrived. I could not contact the hotel by phone. I then booked into the airport Novatel as they have a representative and transfers at level 2 gate 4. The next morning I rang the hotel and explained that nobody had come to tranport me so I had had to book another hotel, I asked them to refund the deposit that I had already paid as I felt that it was not my fault that I had not arrived at the hotel. The next day they withdrew the full room rate from my credit card.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked using Booking.com and got our lovely room for Thb 1500 or around £30 which for B+B we thought was outstanding value. The room was spacious with a huge comfy bed and a well appointed en suite bathroom. Not a great view from the window but considering its an airport hotel it was not an issue. At first glance the area the hotel is situated in does look a bit dodgy but we wandered around at 10pm quite safely found some great local food and drink at very reasonable prices. The hotel pool is clean and the gym looked like it would be fine for most workouts. Breakfast was plentiful and served on the 6th floor with the option of outside eating on the terrace. All in all a great start to our holiday and we will be back in Feb.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

When you book into this hotel,make sure you are above the 5th floor.the rooms underneath is cheaper but noisy from the air-con and not in good condition.It could have improved, because they were busy with renovations when i left. the rooms are a bit bigger than usual and is very neat and clean .The room staff is very friendly and try and be very helpfull. the hotel tariff is reasonable, and the breakfast is also above average. the hotel has a nice approach and the staf at reception is very friendly and helpfull

Room Tip: Choose a room above the 5th, below the air-con noisy
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

If all you need is a nice, clean place to sleep between airplane flights, Suvarnabhumi SAH will be fine. It's a pretty hotel, with large rooms and a really nice (even if small) pool and fitness area. However, if you want to see anything interesting during your trip, stay inside the city.

We stayed at this hotel on our last day in Thailand because our plane was leaving at an ungodly time the next morning, and we wanted to be close to the airport. That was a mistake that wasted an entire day of our trip.
There is absolutely nothing to do around this hotel. The reception staff confirmed this for me, telling me (with what seemed to be annoyance at my nerve for even asking) that if I want to see something interesting, I would have to take a taxi into the city. I was surprised and disappointed, since I had read numerous internet articles about things to do near the airport. What those articles didn't clarify is that all of those "nearby" attractions are actually closer to Bangkok city than to the airport. And, if you have to take a taxi to the city to see anything of interest, then just stay at a hotel in the city and have everything at your finger tips and take a taxi back to the airport.

Otherwise, your time will be wasted as was ours.
By the time we reached the hotel after taking the night train from Chiang Mai, it was already noon. We didn't really have time to take the metro back to town from the airport (allot about an hour to an hour and a half each way) and didn't want to pay $60-80 for round trip taxi fee to spend just a few hours in the city. So we did nothing. We walked around the neighborhood and killed time, but it was very boring. When you spend the time and money to go to Thailand from the States, wasting a day like that is painful and disappointing.

I'll also mention that the woman working the morning shift was discourteous and clearly did not care about whether we were happy or not. Rather than a nice greeting when we arrived, the receptionist ordered us to "take a seat. I'll get to you in a minute." Maybe this is the result of a language barrier, but in my experience adults don't tell other adults to "take a seat" unless they are government workers or prison wardens. A paying guest at a hotel should never be ordered to "take a seat." Instead, they should be greeted with something like," Welcome! I will be able to help you in just a moment. If you would like to relax while you wait, please feel free to sit down." The delivery makes a huge difference.
And, finally, the hotel smells like mothballs. I don't know why. It seemed like they were pumping in the mothball fragrance on purpose, as if someone actually liked it instead feeling sick from it. Maybe that's just another thing that doesn't translate!

In sum, if you are considering staying near the airport for convenience in dealing with an early morning or late night arrival/departure, don't do it. Just stay in the city and take the taxi to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Suvarnabhumi Suite Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!