“Excellent hotel, but very formal. With nearby tips.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hansar Bangkok

You added Hansar Bangkok to your Saves list
Hansar Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Soi Mahadlekluang 2, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #15 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,610 Reviews
Anápolis, Go
“Excellent hotel, but very formal. With nearby tips.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great hotel, very well located, next to a monorail station, shopping malls and the main city park. Great sleep, very comfortable.

Large apartment, beautifully furnished and functional (washing machine was fantastic!). Great breakfast. We did lunch at Cafe Boca and was very good. Complete fitness facility.

They may suffer with excessive formality. I used Hansar as a base for a trip to Cambodia - I left my luggage at the hotel and spent 2 days out. Returning from Cambodia, I got to the airport late, tired and with an onset of flu. All I wanted was a quick check in, "welcome back, Mr Rocha, your luggage is going to the apartment." Instead, I had to go through the whole ritual of check in that the hotel does, which is very cool for the first time, but not in those circumstances.

When I checked in, I explained that I would have to check out early because of the flight schedule and the hotel offered a complimentary early breakfast. On the day, I did check out and went to the airport. Halfway there, the hotel called and said that I had forgotten the breakfast box. Well, the box was not in the apartment, was not at the check out counter, was not with anybody ... I do not know how I could have guessed...

Some tips nearby:

Central World - a giant mall with dozens of dining options on 7th floor, all kinds of food. 800 meters away (half a mile).
For a special dinner, Gianni Restaurant - Italian, about 1200 meters (0.75 miles), very good.
Lumpini Park to run. Very beautiful.
Massage across the street in front of the hotel. The Italian restaurant next to the massage is mediocre.

Beware of taxis which determine the price before the race. Do not accept and demand the meter, they will overtax you. Taxi in Bangkok is very cheap and the price they will offer you will look good, but is expensive. Try to do as many things by walking or monorail, traffic is a mess.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Loved this boutique hotel in a quiet street but central location. If I could design and run my perfect hotel – it would look and function like the Hansar Bangkok. It is absolute perfection! Super cool design and furniture, very hip and modern. Breakfast was excellent, and the room service was great. Again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure turning on the computer this morning and reading your review.

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at Hansar Bangkok, from our room all the way down to our location, taking advantage of the shopping centres and direct BTS Sky-Train a stone through away.
We do hope to be on top of your list for many years to come! I have shared your kudos not only with the Front office Team, but with everyone!

I and all our associates hope of having the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Hansar when next in Bangkok.

Please do visit our website for more upcoming promotions and packages just tailored for you.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We have stayed in the Hansar Bangkok twice during the month of August 2014. The hotel is a real postmodern haven in a prime location in central Bangkok. The rooms reflect every imagined comfort, with comfy beds, spacious bathrooms and daily fresh fruits. The management will do anything to make your stay pleasant and memorable. I also admit that the real asset of this luxury hotel is its prime location and its lovely and friendly staff. Thanks to the reception people including Maya for being very helpful during our stay, and also to the concierge boys Ping, OH and Park. This is a perfect address for a perfect enjoyable stay in the future.

Room Tip: There are no smoking rooms, unless you ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have stay in Hansar Bangkok last year regret have not review then but this time must do what on my mind to appreciate only last one year past have not find better boutique hotel as nice as Hanosar in the city like Bangkok. The quality of furniture and very big bath room by separate toilet,bathtub and shower with very generous closet with complete set of soap shampoo and extra
The room very clean and still kept up well as I feel never left last year.
Breakfast selection with personal order as we wish in any style of egg, Benedict, florentine, white egg any style too. I would not believe that I can order as many cappuccino or tea that without extra charge that very real service and great value
Thai people are general very welcome and friendly specially Hansar staffs willing to help you any time you step in or out from hotel that is my way of first class 5 stars hotel in boutique is a personally private and very dear love to my company enjoy every moment stay in hotel..love to be back soon...

Room Tip: Vertical room or edge room type

Welcome back!

Thank you indeed for staying with us again.

I am happy to know that you still enjoy exploring Bangkok, it is such a lively city and will have many things more to offer.

I couldn't thank you enough for your time to compliment us. It is always a great pleasure to know that our associates are dedicated to reach out and touch guests with the Hansar hospitality while they are with us.

We look in great anticipation to serve you in the near future. Please go through our website for more up coming special promotions and packages just tailor made for you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I recently stayed for only one night here but even after such a short stay I can announce that this is the best I stayed in this city. Even better than the Lebua....
From the moment you step into the hotel, being escort to the check in area, having a welcome drink while checking in in the smoothest way ever. The rooms are all suites, big and with everything that you need, Soft drinks are free from the mini bar and the design of the rooms with the green plants inside/outside is just amazing. Each and one of the staff makes you feel welcome. I took one treatment at their spa and it was a real pleasure as well. Food is top quality and the Thai restaurant downstairs is highly recommended. Like me you will stay in the room and don't want to leave it...location of the hotel is great and close to everything. I have to say that the wireless connection was real high speed and the room setup allow you also to work on your computer comfortably.
My only little comment will be regarding the dark lobby at night - so dark that you hardly find your way to the lifts.
The Hansar takes the crown in Bangkok hands down - can't wait for my next visit to BKK to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Edge suite is only 6 sqm more than the Urban but it's worth the difference.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review and for your continued patronage! It’s really lovely to hear that you have stayed at Hansar Bangkok. I am delighted that you enjoyed our legendary Hansar hospitality. Thank you once again for your lovely comments and recommendation; we can’t wait to welcome you back ‘home’.

Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The service on arrival is good but less good on departure and at breakfast. The breakfast has a hot selection from the menu and I was seated in a area away from the kitchen. So on the first morning it took about 15 minutes to be asked if I wanted a dish from the menu and on the second day I was not asked and had to get up and ask for more coffee....
On departure I was asked if I wanted a taxi to the airport...I said yes but when I got to the front door there were 3 staff dealing with a another guest and ignored yet the 2 taxis were there and would only go if the meter was turned off. I had the same experience the day before to go to K Village the staff at the concierge company called a taxi and said there would be no meter and I have to pay 100Baht. The fare on a taxi I caught myself was 50Baht. Its not the way to run a concierge counter.....to have 'friendly' taxis and charge 50% more! The room, bar and restaurants are excellent but some parts are slipping...This was my 4th stay there so can see the slippage.

Room Tip: High floor...Loft design
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure to have you visit and I am delighted to read you had a great experience at Hansar Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another unforgettable stay!

Please visit our website for more up coming promotions and packages that tailored for you only.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We recently stayed here for 2 nights as our first stop of Thailand for a brief explore of Bangkok. We had such a pleasant time and good sleep that we decided to stop here again overnight at the end of our Thailand trip before flying home again instead of finding an airport hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful and responded immediately and didn't treat me with any impatience when I somehow locked myself out of our room safe! We stayed in an edge suite and an urban suite and both were spacious and extremely comfortable. It has a modern, stylish feel and loved the greenery on entering the room. The bathroom is big and an excellent shower - remember to shut the vanity doors though as there are mirrors everywhere! The bed was huge and some of the best pillows I have slept on! So fabulous were the black out curtains and the plumpy bed that we actually slept past 10am and missed breakfast on our first day! The hotel is in a good location, set a bit back from the busy road so it is nice and quiet. Very quick walk to the skyrail train or a leisurely walk to Siam square for shopping and restaurants. The Eve restaurant seemed ridiculously overpriced so we did not eat here - perhaps this is because we are from the west so wouldn't consider paying this much for western food - I am sure it was delicious. The food from the cafe style restaurant which also serves to the patio in front of the hotel had excellent food. We enjoyed the free canapes and drinks our first evening, listening to a brilliant pianist. A very pleasant base for our exploring - though agreed about the taxi drivers not having a clue how to get there. However, the taxi driver did not have a clue where the grand palace was and we had to show him where we wanted to go on a map!!! So perhaps that's a theme in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hansar Bangkok for your recent stay in Bangkok.

We're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Hansar Bangkok the next time you're in Bangkok.

Please do visit our website for more up coming promotions and packages just made for you.

Christopher Bohwongprasert
christopher@hansarbangkok.com

Been to Hansar Bangkok? Share your experiences!