If I could design and run my perfect hotel – it would look and function like the Hansar Bangkok. It is absolute perfection.
Wow. Oh wow. I checked out of this place a few days ago and this is what’s still going through my mind. The last time I got this excited about a hotel was at the Mandarin Oriental in Chiang Mai where I stayed for my honeymoon three years ago. That blew me away – as did this.
The Hansar is a Thai owned and run hotel and their website screamed “amazing”. However, you can make anything look good online so I withheld judgement but was quite excited. The taxi driver at the airport knew where it was so I thought that was a good sign.
The property itself is huge – much taller than I expected – although it doesn’t feel cavernous at all. The lobby area is very impressive – you can tell immediately that a lot of thought has gone into the design. The dark wood interiors were very enticing. Check-in was smooth and I was made to feel very special. The cold towels they give you are menthol scented which was quite an interesting change to the usual lemongrass/jasmine you get in Thailand. We were shown to our room and given a lovely little tour.
There are so many wonderful things to say about this hotel but I wanted to draw attention to some of the more unique ones.
- The bed linen is so soft – softer than any bed I’ve ever slept on. Every angle my head was put in was comfortable – there was no need to adjust or toss and turn.
- The open-air corridors were a great dimension – they are much greener and save loads of energy spent on air conditioning. It’s also quite an interesting dimension so high up.
- The minibar was free. Fantastic. They didn’t replenish it in two days but two beers and soft drinks for free? Amazing.
- The room was so cozy. Something about it made it feel like home. I kept saying “I could live here” out loud – which was true.
- The gym was brilliant. It had the full range of cardio and weights equipment. It was bright and airy too – conducive to a great workout.
- Breakfast was incredible. The buffet options were of astonishingly good quality (I had the best green curry I’ve ever tasted). You can also order things from a menu to be made to order – eggs, omelettes, pancakes (they had a seasonal apple and walnut one when we were there). Wow.
We were upgraded to an Urban Studio which was a great surprise. The rooms themselves are large and delightfully comfortable. The design throughout the property is gorgeous – so wonderfully tastefully done. The bathroom was huge and really well laid out. I am going to copy the design of the open wardrobe for my own apartment one day. The bath tub is awesome – and obviously very expensive, as indeed are all fittings. There is a sort of enclosed greenhouse in the room which you can see. It spans three floors and is located internally. An interesting feature – and not one I’ve seen before.
The pool is large and long – great for swimming laps. There is actually quite a large area available for sunning yourself. The area faces two huge residential blocks which is quite striking – but as open as it is you don’t feel overly exposed.
Location wise this hotel is perfect. Its right next to Ratchadamri BTS station so you can get all over the network easily. You can also walk to Siam Paragon, Central World, Siam Square and so on in 10 minutes or so.
I’m conscious that this review might come across as a little hysterical but this hotel deserves it. It’s absolutely amazing and by far the best city hotel I’ve ever experienced. I honestly don’t think I could stay anywhere else in Bangkok ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hansar Bangkok, and unrivaled luxury experience just steps away from the heart of Bangkok and a short one-minute walk to the BTS Skytrain, yet nestled in the seclusion and comfort in Bangkok’s most prestigious location, Rajdamri Road.Endless and enchanting views of Bangkok greenery, unrivaled architectural elegance and timeless style, amenities to please the most discerning traveler, this is the Hansar way of life. Our suites are steeped in modern comfort and amenities, contemporary yet timeless in style and adorned in Jim Thompson silk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hansar Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Bangkok Hotel Bangkok