“Possibly the best hotel in Asia. I will never stay anywhere else in Bangkok again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hansar Bangkok

You added Hansar Bangkok to your Saves list
Hansar Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Soi Mahadlekluang 2, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #14 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,613 Reviews
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If I could design and run my perfect hotel – it would look and function like the Hansar Bangkok. It is absolute perfection.

Wow. Oh wow. I checked out of this place a few days ago and this is what’s still going through my mind. The last time I got this excited about a hotel was at the Mandarin Oriental in Chiang Mai where I stayed for my honeymoon three years ago. That blew me away – as did this.

The Hansar is a Thai owned and run hotel and their website screamed “amazing”. However, you can make anything look good online so I withheld judgement but was quite excited. The taxi driver at the airport knew where it was so I thought that was a good sign.

The property itself is huge – much taller than I expected – although it doesn’t feel cavernous at all. The lobby area is very impressive – you can tell immediately that a lot of thought has gone into the design. The dark wood interiors were very enticing. Check-in was smooth and I was made to feel very special. The cold towels they give you are menthol scented which was quite an interesting change to the usual lemongrass/jasmine you get in Thailand. We were shown to our room and given a lovely little tour.

There are so many wonderful things to say about this hotel but I wanted to draw attention to some of the more unique ones.

- The bed linen is so soft – softer than any bed I’ve ever slept on. Every angle my head was put in was comfortable – there was no need to adjust or toss and turn.
- The open-air corridors were a great dimension – they are much greener and save loads of energy spent on air conditioning. It’s also quite an interesting dimension so high up.
- The minibar was free. Fantastic. They didn’t replenish it in two days but two beers and soft drinks for free? Amazing.
- The room was so cozy. Something about it made it feel like home. I kept saying “I could live here” out loud – which was true.
- The gym was brilliant. It had the full range of cardio and weights equipment. It was bright and airy too – conducive to a great workout.
- Breakfast was incredible. The buffet options were of astonishingly good quality (I had the best green curry I’ve ever tasted). You can also order things from a menu to be made to order – eggs, omelettes, pancakes (they had a seasonal apple and walnut one when we were there). Wow.

We were upgraded to an Urban Studio which was a great surprise. The rooms themselves are large and delightfully comfortable. The design throughout the property is gorgeous – so wonderfully tastefully done. The bathroom was huge and really well laid out. I am going to copy the design of the open wardrobe for my own apartment one day. The bath tub is awesome – and obviously very expensive, as indeed are all fittings. There is a sort of enclosed greenhouse in the room which you can see. It spans three floors and is located internally. An interesting feature – and not one I’ve seen before.

The pool is large and long – great for swimming laps. There is actually quite a large area available for sunning yourself. The area faces two huge residential blocks which is quite striking – but as open as it is you don’t feel overly exposed.

Location wise this hotel is perfect. Its right next to Ratchadamri BTS station so you can get all over the network easily. You can also walk to Siam Paragon, Central World, Siam Square and so on in 10 minutes or so.

I’m conscious that this review might come across as a little hysterical but this hotel deserves it. It’s absolutely amazing and by far the best city hotel I’ve ever experienced. I honestly don’t think I could stay anywhere else in Bangkok ever again.

Room Tip: Try and stay in an Urban Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed in the Urban Suite, put my parents up in the Vertigo suite.
The urban suite is wayyyyy better, the room was more spacious, the toiler and wardrobe was nice.
Even had a washing machine!! Pretty insane room.
Super cool design and furniture, very hip and modern.
Breakfast was excellent, and the room service was great.
Location was excellent, nestled next to st regis and the MTR station.

DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IN BANGKOK BEFORE HANSAR!!! Its a must try!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been to Bangkok many times over the past decade, and the Hansar is hands down the best property I've stayed at in the city (and about half the price of the competition). The hotel is stylish without trying too hard, the rooms are very well designed and appointed, the beds amazing, and the staff were really fantastic to encounter. It has a great pool and gym, and the location is hard to beat.
The Hansar is up there with my favourite urban hotel (The Mandarin Oriental Tokyo) and is certainly my new home in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This place delivers all it promises and more for a reasonable price. Modern stylish decor, clean and well maintained facilities, with a generous mini bar included. The service was high also. This boutique hotel more than matches it's larger competitors. We would definitely stay there again when back in Bangkok.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a wonderful stay a the Hansar Bangkok. We did a stint in 1208. The location cannot be beaten as it is central but set back from the noisy main road. The rooms are large, well laid out and extremely comfortable. The bed was killer, possibly the most comfortable I have come across in any hotel. It was like sleeping on Jeremy Irons tonsils.

The staff were obliging and knowledgeable. Special mention to the Bell Service, Ken, Oh and Ping those guys knew where we were going just by giving them the street and they were kind enough to look after our bags upon our return to Bangkok from the coast when we had some time to kill prior to flying out. The young lady at the pool bar makes a good happy hour cocktail too.

We also spent 90 minutes being punished by the ladies at the spa on a 40% off massage deal.The 'firm' massage is just that. Best massage I have had in ages. I only cried for about half of it.

Would recommend, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my second stay here. I was one of the first guests when they opened a few years ago.

Its a very nice hotel, breakfast is not bad at all but not amazing. The rooms are a really good size, the bathrooms is very nice. Wifi is free and everything in the mini bar is free (love this).

The pool is very nice and I could not ask for more from the staff. The spa is a little expensive but its amazing and worth the extra.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the vertigo suite; great value for a huge suite. Beautifully furnished, cool concept and the views were awesome. Staff very friendly, particularly the concierge team that make a huge effort. Pool area is very cool, beautiful pool and the Eco friendly ethos of the hotel is refreshing. Would def go back

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hansar Bangkok? Share your experiences!