“"Great rooms"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hansar Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Hansar Bangkok to your Saves list
Hansar Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Soi Mahadlekluang 2, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Rate
UPGRADE OFFER
Ranked #12 of 752 hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“"Great rooms"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a few issues after arrival but the director of rooms Nirun Chompoo was extremely professional in handling these issues and bent over backwards to help.Very impressive customer service.

The reception staff are friendly but not always good at communicating with colleagues. For example I left my razor and shaving foam in my room after moving to another. I twice asked if housekeeping had found it but heard nothing back. I ask for them to book a taxi. They took all the details but then failed to communicate with the concierge who had no knowledge of booking. If you need a taxi ask concierge direct and they radio a taxi promptly. Breakfast excellent. Rooms nice. Corridors to rooms not as clean and smart as they should be. Good location very near BTS.

Room Tip: Some rooms have view over park others over adjoining block
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kaapstad, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Booked this hotel for 2 nights after reading trip advisor's reviews and it was a awesome place to stay in Bangkok. In the middle of the city with a 100m walk to the nearest skytrain station. Friendly staff, with the best breakfast in bangkok. Upgraded to an Urban suite, the room was nice and spacious with a very nice bathroom and awesome bed. After a long 18 hour travel from south africa, this was perfect.Also received a free halfhour massage for me and the wife, the spa was peacefull and very sufficient. Definately highly recommend this place for a nice relatively priced stay in bangkok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I will definitely stay here again if I come visit Bangkok either for pleasure or business. The facility is very modern and uniquely situated. We felt welcome the moment we arrived at the door. The first impression counts, and this hotel didn't let me down.

Check-in was smooth. My room was upgraded to urban suite, big enough for a couple.

Everything was close to perfect except that there was a small (minor) mis-communication happened with one of the attendants. My understanding was the breakfast included both buffet a-la-carte menus, but the server told me we can only have a-la-carte. However, we ended up eating buffet meals, thinking that we're going to pay for it anyway.

Later, I checked with concierge to make sure it wasn't the case. Concierge confirmed we can have both..., so I made a small complaint.

A supervisor came down from his office and made an apology. Next morning, the same person was there greeting us with another apology and offered us a bowl of chicken based soup noodles, which was not available in the buffet menus. This made me totally forget about what happened the day before. What a pleasant experience!

In addition, we did a couple spa and enjoyed 25% discount as the spa was doing a campaign during our stay. Got lucky on this one! The oil body spa was excellent and very soothing!

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Bangkok! Oh, the location is superb as well. It's only 5 min. walk to a BTS station Rajdamri.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at the Hansar for 4 nights. I had booked an Edge suite and they upgraded me to a Vertigo suite for free! The other couple traveling with us booked a standard room and they were given an upgrade to an Edge suite. It was a great way to start our Thailand vacation. The room's finish was very nice. The spa was absolutely amazing. It's a little pricey for Bangkok, but you get what you pay for. I highly recommend going to this spa instead of the gross street-level spas that are riddled with prostitutes. The daily breakfast was amazing. The fruits were unbelievably fresh and the food was done perfectly. The pool area was very nice and the drinks at the bar were great (especially the Havana Rum - can't get it in the US).

While this was the one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at, there are some downsides: No taxi drivers have ever heard of it (you have to tell them you are near the Four Seasons), the concierge staff sends you to their places where they get a kick-back (I'm sure this is common across all concierge desks in Bangkok, but you can get way better prices/service by finding tour groups, tailors, and shopping on the Internet before visiting Bangkok), and they pay a terrible exchange rate (I think I paid a 20% premium by changing cash with them). My advise, just change US$100 at the airport then find a bank nearby to get the best rate.

Otherwise, the entire stay was excellent. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the Vertigo suite. It is so worth it! It is huge and feels like a luxury penthouse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Another super hotel in Bangkok. Located just off the main street (Thanon Ratchadamri) in centre of the city it is quiet and well appointed. Check-in is pain free and our room was lovely, divided in two portion, as it seems fashionable these days, sleeping area and daily quarter with a desk, telephone and other goodies for business people. Bathroom is very large, with tub and rain shower, very nice. the restaurant is located on the ground floor, you can eat inside or outside (I suggest outside). Breakfast is lovely, plenty of it. Service is very good. In the evening that same terrace is converted into very romantic place to eat with candle lights, white table cloth, big wine glasses - all very elegant. Service is immaculate this time, food excellent as is atmosphere. They also have the most unusual desert menu I have seen, the idea is amazing and, I would say, very classy. But, above all is the friendliness of the stuff. They go out of their way to help and make you feel at home. Actually, those were the exact words waiting for us when we returned from the north:'welcome home Mr and Mrs Zubrinic'. What else can make you feel better? Not much I would think. Most certainly recommended!

Room Tip: High, if possible with a view to Royal Bangkok Sport Club. Try not to be under terrace, people somet...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Amazing stay at hansar hotel.. as usual, hotels under SLH has a certain standard to maintain.

We love the room that has an indoor garden as it really brings life into the room. the free minibar was a good touch. Good service from the hotel staff too!

love every bit of it!

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel was wonderful! We stayed one night, from arrival the hotel had a great relaxed atmosphere. The service was excellent, room was amazing! Gorgeous bathroom and very comfortable bed. There was even a washing machine in the room. The facilities were excellent: swimming pool area & spa were lovely! We missed breakfast due to our early morning flight but they prepared a takeaway breakfast for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hansar Bangkok? Share your experiences!