“Hard to fault” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hansar Bangkok

You added Hansar Bangkok to your Saves list
Hansar Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Soi Mahadlekluang 2, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Secret Deal: 15% Off Room
Ranked #19 of 773 Hotels in Bangkok
Maidenhead, UK
“Hard to fault”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Quiet location just off a popular main street.

Room 1205 - corridor is open to the elements and a bit spartan - makes you wonder how the room will be. Room is fantastic - great size, well designed, comfortable furnishings, quiet and modern. Super TV. Air con, fantastic.
Free mini bar!! (beer, soft drinks, nuts and crackers)
Free business lounge!!

Excellent service all round.
Had dinner in the Thai restaurant on the ground floor, that was great too.

A top hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Sorry for the late reply again, i was here last summer, and I think this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in Bangkok, and surely I will stay here again next time. Perfect is the only word I can think of for Hansar, i mean the price, cleaniless, staff , everything is just perfect. The bed is very comfy that my gf slept right after we checked in, and didnt even go out that night.
If u wanna go to bangkok, I would definitely recommend u guys this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in Hansar only for 3 nights unfortunately, from 8-11 June 2012. From the checked in to the moment we checked out was perfect, small luxury boutique hotel it is!...

We stayed in the Studio Suite, and the size of this room is massive, you have got to see it to believe it, the size of the dressing area and bathroom also amazing. The studio provide a little kitchenette and full size fridge and washing machine. No microwave provided, but when you're in Bangkok who needs a microwave. We didnt get the chance to use the stove as well. But the washing machine is handy indeed. Our friend were upgraded to the Urban Suite, which has an atrium with hanging garden and separate area of lounge and bedroom with separate TV. No kichen or washing machine but. So IMO I prefer the Studio Suite, even those this is the most standard class of room in Hansar.

The breakfast is small, but very intimate and never full (although we went in June which is low season). Enough variety to entertain the most discerning taste buds. Eggs and bacon etc can be ordered rather than on display, we think this is better as they cook when you ordered so to maintain the freshness of the food.

There are two 7/11 located across from the hote. The one on the left side of the hotel as you walked out is bigger. The location of this hotel is also quite good. It is about 15 mins walk to Central World and another 10 mins to Paragon, MBK and Siams. If walking in hot and huimd weather is a problem for some people, then the BTS Rajdamri is about 3 mins walk and then its only 2 stops to MBK etc. We always like to walk in the morning and when you're burdened with shopping bags, we caught the BTS, easy.

If I can pull out any negative, I really dont like the pillow they offered. They only provided feather pillow which never stay in shape :) I personally like the Dunlopillo type, but this is me being very2 extremely picky

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Bangkok, gives you different feeling when you're staying in smaller boutique hotel, very personal service and the key is in the details.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

It took m a long time to choose the proper luxury hotel in bkk, as there are so many of them. In the end I was intruiged by the offer including a luxury massage which my gf enjoyed a lot. check in very efficient. The room was elegant, big with a huge bathroom and a ll the amenties you need plus a perfect mattress. we even used the washing mashine and the iroing board and appreciated these extras. there was a balcony with a view on the royal sports club and the roof of the neighboring fourseasons hotel. what we saw on that rrof was disgusting. several small children were renewing the roof of that luxury hotel without any safety measures.... really bad stuff.
anyway; the hansar is great. the spa is fantastic, so is the pool and the gym and steam bath. well done. breakfast was simply divine, service perfect and overall it was maybe ThE nicest hotel we ever stayed in so far. only negative point was the shower(either hot or cold water...), eventhough this applies only to my gf, as myself, i had no problems at all with it....
Definitely a super good place. I hope it will soon be n°1 on tripadvisor in bkk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I favour boutique hotels whenever possible when I travel and Hansar is a perfect illustration as to why.

The hotel has a calm ambience which is very relaxing and didn’t feel crowded at any time (even during the buffet breakfast). The breakfast had good selection of salad, fresh fruit, juices and toast and we could order eggs to be cooked according to our preference.
Service was fantastic. All the staffs speak reasonably good English and were very friendly, helpful and polite throughout our stay.

The hotel itself is gorgeous and very well maintained. The decoration is modern and tasteful. We particularly enjoyed the amenities on the 8th floor such as the pool and gym. The pool was a bit small but was always very quiet which I loved. The gym equipments were in excellent condition which is unusual for a hotel gym. The lift was super fast, it took us to our room on 18th floor in mere seconds!

The location is central and with the BTS Ratchadamry only a couple of minutes down the street, the upscale Siam Paragon (BTS Siam), and the touristy Silom Road (BTS Sala Daeng) are only 1 stop away. The famous street food at Sukhumvit 38 near BTS Thonglor is only a few stops away. CentralWorld, the biggest shopping mall in South East Asia and the high end Gaysorn shopping centre are easy 5-10 mins walk away, although I would advise against it due to the heat and humidity. The hotel is off the main street so it is nice and quiet most of the time. The neighbourhood feels very safe even late at night. St Regis is just around the corner and Four Seasons is practically next door.

We had the Edge Suite on the 18th floor for 2 nights and we loved it. It was spacious, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The bed and pillows were extremely comfy. The bathroom is beautiful, roomy and practical, although I did wish for a slightly bigger bath tub. Free and reliable wifi throughout the hotel provided a huge convenience. The free beers, snacks, daily local fruit and water were a nice touch.

There are however a couple of negative points.
1. The check in process was a bit of a mess. To be fair to the management, it could have been an isolated incident. This is what happened: As we stepped off the taxi, one of the bellboys immediately took our luggage including my carry on. I let him as I assume that he was bring it inside while waiting for us to be checked in. We were then escorted by another staff to the mezzanine floor where we were supposed to check in. When I was told that they needed my passport, I realised that the bellboy who took our bags did not come with us. It took them almost 10-15 mins to locate our bag. During entire check in process which took about 30 minutes, we weren’t offered a drink which was disappointing as we arrived at the hotel tired and thirsty and slightly agitated after the long taxi ride from the airport and getting stuck in the horrendous Bangkok traffic.
2. All of the windows of our Edge Suite are directly facing the residential property across the road. We had to keep the blinds close most of the time for privacy which was a bit of a shame.

We paid 14,124 Thai Baht for the 2 nights which I thought was pretty good value. I would recommend this hotel to people wanting to be near the actions but also would want some peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of chaotic Bangkok, who enjoy exploring the city using public transport.

Room Tip: 1. Book directly through the hotel website. Look for Best Value Rate or other promotions. 2. If th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Hansar is not a typical Bangkok hotel. Set down a quiet side street near the Central World shopping mall the Hansar surrounds are leafy and feel more like an upscale serviced apartment complex than a hotel. We stayed in a basic room and it was huge. The bathroom was almost the size of living area and the bed was king size and very comfortable. There was also an office annex which came with some oddly chosen stationery supplies: an eraser, stapler and the smallest post it notes I had ever seen.

The pool area was large and empty but with excellent facilities. The cold infinity pool was a good relief from the grey Bangkok humidity. Breakfast was buffet style and served in the main restaurant which boasts being the hippest new spot in Bangkok. While i can’t vouch for that, the breakfast was fine. If i was staying more than a few nights i would probably be bored with the selection but for one night it is more than fine. The staff were very friendly especially the concierge – special shout out to “Oh” who is aiming to be number one on the front desk. Aim for the stars, my friend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hansar on our last night in Bangkok. After traveling for 3 weeks through various parts of the country, we arrived at our hotel exhausted. The hotel is right behind the Four Seasons, so the location is excellent. At check-in however, we were told that they were no connecting rooms at all! Our kids are sophisticated travelers however, at 10, they are still too young to be in a room that did not connect with ours. We booked the hotel after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor but we had booked it directly through the hotel. I think the hotel website should make clear that the rooms do not connect especially since I did specifically indicate that we were traveling with young children.

That said, the hotel did refund us our money for the second room, made arrangements for the sofa bed so that we all shared one suite. The service was friendly but not over the top like the Four Seaons. Rooms are lovely but the pictures are definitely more flattering than the actual product.

Also, we were departing early in the AM so we had breakfast room serviced. When we called down, they could not understand our order so the gentleman came to take our order. But in the AM, we had 2x the amount of food. There are definitely some kinks in the service that need to be ironed out. If I were traveling for business, this would be my go-to hotel as the rooms are incredibly spacious, wi-fi easily accessible, breakfast is included and drinks are complimentary during happy hour. But in retrospect, this would not have been my first choice for a family with young children.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hansar Bangkok? Share your experiences!