“Look no further” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hansar Bangkok

You added Hansar Bangkok to your Saves list
Hansar Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Soi Mahadlekluang 2, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #15 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is one of the better hotels I have stayed in in a long while. It is a modern boutique hotel with a big heart. It is well located - about 50-100m from the sky train and is a stop from Siam Paragon.
The staff makes up a lot of what Hansar is about - very responsive, eager to please in a sincere way and basically do all they can to make your stay memorable.
The rooms are large. It is as good as a self-contained apartment with a kitchenette (with a family sized fridge and freezer), washing machine (detergent and softener provided), a nook for a study area, long sofa, huge flat screen tv and a sizeable bathroom with all the usual amenities you would expect.
Breakfast is excellent - your order of how you would like your eggs to be done + sausages/bacon/ham is taken immediately after you are seated so that you don't have to line up for it. There is a good selection of teas and coffees (about 6 each) and the breakfast buffet caters to all palates.
The only downside is that the room's wifi connection is poor. We were on the 18th floor as we wanted a quiet room. The hotel solved the problem by providing a broadband wire but we were then confined to the study. Other than that, we cannot but heap praise on this hotel. Value for money considering Bangkok is getting more expensive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Well what can we say!

Service standards are amazing! Location is great. Staff brilliant. Pool always with space. Bar with great atmosphere

Rooms are very well furnished and hi-tech. Stayed in an Edge Suite, well worth the small premium.

I challenge anyone to find better!.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

A great stay and very close to a Skytrain station so very well placed

Stayed in an Edge suite which was a beautiful room. Was worried that the pool was small but always managed to get a sunbed and dip in the pool at the end of a day sunbathing. Bar staff brilliant and Tak makes brilliant cocktails. Even his Expresso martini (not on menu) was delicious.
Breakfast was brilliant and all the staff are friendly. Only hotel used in Bangkok but I imagine it would be hard to beat

• Stayed March 2012
Juba, South Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I recently stayed in a Vertigo Suite at the Hansar in Bangkok -I must say that this is one of the best hotels, if not the best, I ever stayed in. Service and quality in a chic & sleek boutique package.
For an interior design junkie like myself this was bliss. Before soon I'll be back in my suite. I will never stay anywhere else in Bangkok from now on.

Room Tip: If you have the money, go for the Vertigo suite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel itself was sleek and modern in design. The pool area was spacious and relaxing, and for a person who easily burns it was welcome that I was not forced to bear the sun the entire day ;-) the hotel cafe food was maginificant and service excellent - loved the half price cakes in the evening! Finally Eve restaurant was again excellent Modern French food! cannot recommend enough! Breakfasts were very tasty too!

The service in all areas was second to none, which was to be expected! Being an SLH member I could have questioned not being offered the upgrade but the Standard Studio Suite was up on 17th floor, awesome balcony, very spacious and great views! What is there to complain about? Nothing!!! the mini bar refills daily was an excellent touch and very good to have a cool drink after a muggy day in bangkok!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Hansar Bangkok was rated nr. 1 a few weeks ago. Now it is slowly getting lower. And this does this overrated place more justice. The Hansar is a well located, modern, very good hotel. But competition is fierce. The Hansar tries its best, but standards are far from St. Regis, Intercontinental, Four Seasons and Grand Hyatt, just to name a few in about the same location.

Not all taxi drivers know the place. So, like in our case, we asked him to take the road between Four Seasons and St. Regis. Straight opposite the Skytrain station (convenient!). The quick and friendly guy called 'Bond' took us to reception. We were met by arrogant people. They tried to ignore my SLH 'friend' status by giving me a standard room. I asked for a member upgrade. 'An urban suite might not be available'. I offered them to show the availability on the SLH-site. Now it was available.

The urban suite is spacious and comfortable. The room itself has a Banyan Tree feel, but it is a copy and misses out on serenity. The bathroom could have been an Alila or Evason kind of space, but it lacks the pure relax sensation which those two brands offer. The swimming pool is ok, but if you want sun, you are not well off. And it's part of a hotel bar evening venue, which can be a bit disturbing.

In our room I found the 2011 hotel directory for the SLH hotels. Back to reception to ask for the new 2012 edition. First they told me it was not published anymore, 'only online'. Ok, will I show you the SLH site again? They now would send the new one up to my room. Never arrived. I send an e-mail with my boarding passes. Again: 'we never received your mail, please send again'. I asked them to open the mailbox and voila...

After our stay at the Hansar, we went for a short trip to Koh Samui. We just did not want to take all luggage with us. So we wanted to drop some of at our next hotel in Bangkok the St. Regis. Without any hesitation Mr. Bond was there to help us again. Big bag all the way into the St. Regis lobby. You can depend on a guy like that.

Breakfast was included in the room and was absolutely fine (but I have seen better at the Intercontinental, Peninsula, Conrad and Banyan Tree). Check out was really efficient.

Next time I want a modern hotel and a club feel treatment, I will check in at the Metropolitan again. They really understand that business. Next time I want Thai hospitality and style, I go safe and take one of the others mentioned. Location is your main? The InterContinental can't be beaten. If I need to come back to the Hansar, I'll ask Mr. Bond to take care of the ugly reception thing if the management of this hotel did not already reorganized and trained it.

Delft
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the lovely vertigo suite. The suite was spacious and service was great! We loved the matrasses. Dinner was good, but expensive. Good location

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Hansar Bangkok? Share your experiences!