We stayed here for the past three days on our first trip to Bangkok. Rooms were clean, the staff was very nice and always extremely helpful in getting a cab, ten minutes away from everything. If you're looking for tours, they have a folder at the front desk. Take a tour to Ayutthaya - well worth it!
I also agree about most reviews regarding the breakfast - needs more variety. It's not a deal breaker, but would definitely be nice. Only two variations that they alternate, but then again we didn't come here for breakfast. If you want a full breakfast bar, stay at a large hotel. The coffee will wake you up!
General recommendations: Always ask a taxi to use the meter. They will ask " how much?" But don't fall for it. It's 90 baht to the Grand Palace where you can also see Wat Pho right next door. Jump on a ferry - the local one at the pier - for 3 baht and visit Wat Arun across the river. It's breathtaking.
Ignore anyone offering tuk tuk rides, private tours or someone telling you things are closed. It's more than likely a scam. Otherwise enjoy!
Restaurant recommendation: Maison Chin in the Bandara Suites Silom. Highly recommended. I can't say that enough. You make a right on the street outside Baan K hotel, then an immediate left on the next street, and it's about 3/4 down the block on the right. Ask for the Thai menu - they have two - an International one and a Thai one. We ate here on our last night in Bangkok and it was fantastic. Had the BBQ pulled pork appetizer, the red curry with beef, the pan seared halibut with sweet chili sauce, a side of jasmine rice and topped it off with some Italian chianti. Absolutely amazing flavors and spices. The staff and chef were extremely nice.
- Also Known As:
- Baan k Residence By Bliston Hotel
- Baan k Residence By Bliston Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan K Residence by Bliston recently awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2011 from Tripadvisor. Conveniently situated near downtown and central business districts on Sathorn road, Silom road, and Rama IV road, travelers can easily access to many prime locations of Bangkok within short walking distance. The nearby 5-minute- walk to Lumpini underground and 10-minute-away Sala Daeng skytrain make your trips a lot easier to go around Bangkok in rush hours and are the perfect choices to explore the rest of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Baan K Residence by Bliston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.