“Xmas in Bangkok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Galleria 10 Hotel

You added Galleria 10 Hotel to your Saves list
Galleria 10 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Sukhumvit Soi 10, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly Ramada Encore Bangkok)   |
Ranked #195 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.0 of 5 stars 776 Reviews
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Xmas in Bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

First time in Bangkok and didn't know what to expect.

The hotel is set back along Soi 10 so well away from the main street to be quiet but close enough to get where you need to be.

Close to both the Metro (one stop from Makkasan - Airport Express) & BTS/Skytrain for easy travel around the city.
The Metro & BTS have separate Pre-Pay cards for travel for ~200 Bhat (~£4) with 100 Bhat credit (about 2 - 4 journey)

The room was large with all the amenities i'd expect of a Asian Hotel, while there was a large screen HD TV the singal was a little poor. But there was connection to hookup a Laptop (VGA / HDMI) to watch your own video/play games.

The room had Wifi which need a sign in to a daily refreshed 24 hour access.

The staff where friendly and always willing to help.

Checkout was swift, only delayed by a mini-bar/room check.

While i made use of the Metro & Airport Express the hotel where happy to arrange the transfer.

Room Tip: Being down a 'lane' don't be surprised if like me a lower floor has a view of a brick wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear MalHSmith,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
Glad to know that you appreciate our Thai Hospitality and our staffs treated you with good service. It is definitely our first priority.

Affendy Ismail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for six nights in december and was very impressed!! Great location in Bangkok. Close to entertainment area, BTS and everything else!! Clean rooms and great staff, The breakfast was one of the best I ever had in Asia! Fushion breakfast with everything. Fantastic!
Next time in Bkk I'll stay here! Recommended!!!!

Dear 1globetrottersweden,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also glad to hear that you will be visiting us again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

After arriving in Bangkok we had to spend the night before our transfer to Cambodia the next day. We chose Galleria 10 because of the central location. This way we got to see a little of Bangkok and we would still be able to reach the airport the next morning within reasonable time. The hotel has a very modern look and feel. It is located in a quiet side street in a busy area. We asked for a quiet room and we got it. Not much of a view but I did not hear any traffic or other big city noises throughout the night. We really loved the swimming pool on the roof. It’s a great way to cool off after a hot day and the view of the surrounding buildings gives it a wonderful metropolitan atmosphere. The staff were friendly, courteous, and accommodating. The room was clean and the breakfast was copious. It’s a great hotel to stay for a couple of days if you want to discover Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear yuhroon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
Thank you for your kind words on the breakfast, we change our menu regularly and glad you enjoyed it.

Picton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

we unfortunately stayed there just for one night, but it was great. The lights on the room are a bit too much but the bed is awesome, really comfortable and large and shower is great. The amazing thing about the hotel is the roof top pool, amazing view right on the heart of the Bangkok business centre, staff are really attentive and nice, the breakfast and lunch were really good, I recommend to try the Mr 200 burger with young coconut mmm. Really close to everything. if you need to do some shopping get the sky train and go MKS they are massive and have everything you need right beside the national stadium.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Diogo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
Service is our priority and making sure our guest received the warm Thai hospitality is amuse with everyone of us. Thank you for your kind words on the staffs.

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

2 positives about the hotel: the location and the roof-top pool, apart from that they have a lot of work to do! The only reason why they don't have a terrible rating is that the rooms are OK, small but clean.

I had booked a Club room since it had some nice benefits: express check-in/out, 500Baht discount voucher in F&B, free laundry items, a surprise gift, daily turn-down service and a late check-out. Do NOT be fooled! You have to ask for your benefits, if not they conveniently "forget" to provide them. In my case I never received turn-down service, no surprise gift and don't even mention the express check-in and check-out! We queued for 15 minutes on arrival (express check-in!!!) to be assigned in a non-smoking room that smelled like smoke. When we went back to reception the first reaction was: "we don't have any upgrades available". He made us another key but when we asked if it was a club room he clearly didn't take that into account and gave us a wrong room so the room was changed again. As said, no turn-down, no gift during the entire stay.

Shocking was the breakfast...I have never been asked to queue in line before being able to have breakfast. The reception and restaurants are just too small/not equipped to deal with the number of guests staying. They need to sort this out urgently (e.g. use rooftop restaurant for breakfast as well). The buffet was nearly empty, juice ran out every 5 minutes, coffee was only refilled after asked to do so and I didn't have 1 croissant during my entire stay. Somebody spilled coffee on the floor, I sat there for 45 minutes and when I left still nobody noticed or cleaned it up. It is a disaster, not organized and I wasn't able to spot anybody in charge to control and correct it.

I know how frustrating it can be for hotel managers to read these kind of comments after a stay from a guest that didn't mention anything and checked out. Therefore I tried to speak to the manager. I explained him the situation, that I was not happy and that I was paying for something that I did not receive. I asked him to sort it out and get back to me with an appropriate solution....that never happened. He thanked me for my comments and that was it. Shameful.

This hotel needs to be managed properly. It has potential but as long as you don't get your basics straight it'll never work.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gonzalez17,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
I am truly sorry for the issues you had during your stay. I had done some investigation with related department. Due to the changing of rooms you had during your stay, the communication did not went trough with various departments. I was told in the end you managed to get the benefits after your complain at the Front Desk.Truly sorry.
Our sitting capacity at the restaurant is around 120 pax,most guest wouldn't want to join other guest during meals. Unfortunately that particular day we were running 100% again no excuse from me.Replenish of food and the coffee spills,I have taken the matter with the Department Head concern.
I was told that you are also a hotelier by Front Desk, I hope you understand and give us a second chance.

Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The night time view from the rooftop pool and restaurant was fantastic!!! The room itself was very comfortable and clean. It is a very short walk off Sukhumvit road where there are plenty of markets and very closeto Terminal 21 Shopping Centre!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
The team is definitely happy that you found the place like home.

Kentisbeare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

GREAT PLACE TO STAY, from checking in two checking out was great, from the breakfast selection in morning what more could you ask two start the day what a spread, I dinned most nights up stairs in the leap frog restaurant food fantastic. and for me the most important fact about my stay was the staff, what a lovely friendly bunch of people love two you all Mr Daren Glew take care see ya next year

Dear darren g,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
We appreciate your kind words. Our rates compared to the facilities is definatelly value for our guest. Our F&B is also not overpriced.

Affendy Ismail

Been to Galleria 10 Hotel? Share your experiences!