“Oasis in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivatel Bangkok

You added Sivatel Bangkok to your Saves list
Sivatel Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Wittayu Rd | Lumpini, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #52 of 807 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Oasis in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Sivatel, Bangkok in late January/early Feb 2012. We booked the hotel from the great reviews on Tripadvisor and couldn't have been more impressed. The hotel is relatively new and is immaculate. We arrived late from our flight and very friendly staff were waiting to greet us at the door and in the lobby. The rooms are spacious, luxurious and very quiet. We used the concierge and in-room dining services, all of which were faultless. The buffet breakfast provided great variety, a good mix of east and west. The eggs are cooked to your liking fresh. Try the spa - excellent pricing for packages and open late for a later massage. The location of the hotel was one of the best points. Just literally minutes walk to the Sky Train or an enjoyable 15 minute walk from the shopping district. Being away from the hustle and bustle was a plus for us. Overall, we would definitely stay at the Sivatel again and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms look over the city which is a great view, especially at night.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Contamine sur Arve
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Very beautiful hotel in Bangkok with a very pleasent and efficace staff. Everything is perfect and the swiming pool is absolutly amazing !!
Our suite is very nice on the 24 floor with a nice view in the city. We are at 2 minutes walking distance from the Sky train and the service is perfect, the bathroom is very large and the bed is absolutly famous. thank you at everybody ( porter, receptionnist and head waiter ) !
The buffet breakfast is very beautiful and excellent and we have a very large choice.
The bar is so nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NICO15
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in January and I have to say this hotel truly impresses me! It's a relatively new hotel so not many taxi drivers know where it is. But the service is impeccable right from the minute I got off the cab and entered the hotel premises.

I was escorted to the Sky Lounge on the 17th floor as the concierge waited to change my notes for me and to get my change from the taxi driver. Totally relaxing experience checking-in since I didn't even have to do much. I was invited to sit at the couch with a cocktail and cold towel while they printed the crecit card charge forms.

The suite completely blew me away when I stepped into it. The living area, bedroom, bathroom and wardrobe area are all inter-connected. The fact that you can lift the shades between the bedroom and the living area makes the room appear even larger that it already is. And I love watching TV through the window panel between the bedroom and the bathroom as I soaked myself in the tub. What bliss!

Both the living area and the bedroom are equipped each with a flat screen TV - with a fanciful Apple gadget that allows you to watch TV, surf the internet, and order room service.

The infinity pool on the 8th floor was very inviting. I had dinner at the restaurant next to it (The Porch) one night, and couldn't resist dipping my feet into the pool as I enjoyed my wine amidst soothing music from the bar on the other side.

Location is excellent - only a five minute walk to Phloen Chit BTS and a ten minute walk to Central Departmental Store. I even walked from the hotel to Erawan Shrine one day. No sweat!

There's simply nothing that I can fault the hotel in because everything was just so perfect. Maybe the shower could have worked better (couldn't get hot water coming out) but otherwise, this is definitely by far my best hotel experience.

Truly luxury on a budget!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank checkers
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here for only one night at the end of our holiday. This place is amazing! We were taken up to the lobby to check in, which was fine and were given a welcome drink and towel. Our room was lovely, massive with a seperate living area. Large flat screen TVs in both rooms which apple tv and internet access on both. The bed was huge and really comfy. The bathroom was large with shower and a bath tub looking out over the city which was really cool. Doors from the bathroom lead into the bedroom and also from the other way they lead into a little walk in wardrobe.
Wish we would have stayed longer! Fab hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lorna024London
EU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Great clen modern business hotel with large rooms in central location. Have spent there two nights with my family. We've booked 2 bedrooms Regent suite. Room was very large and modern with all the services for business, wifi, internet in TV (iTV).... Both bathrooms were clean with both tub and shower. One of the bathrooms very large and second with ceiling to floor windows with great view of Bangkok skyline. Kids loved large beds and beautiful swimming pool.
Only problem we had was with finding the place by the taxi driver. Hotel is not well known. If you'll have the same problem just tell the driver, that it's right acros the road from British ambassy.
We've enjoyed our stay a lot and next time in Bangkok, we will for sure come to Sivatel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank br72
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was in Bangkok for an eye operation in Bumrungrad hospital and we choose Sivatel for its near location and its room size.
The service from the moment we walked in was exemplary. Very friendly staff.
The rooms are fantastic. The tv's in both rooms have complementary internet access which makes it easy to stay in touch with everyone and also to book the trips the next days.
The breakfast was fantastic. Good quality and the restaurant is very nice next to the pool.
From the hotel it is only a hop and a skip to Ploen Chit skytrain station. The Central shopping center nearby is good to shop but also has a great food court on its top floor.
We used the room service once and that tuned out to be great too.
All in all this is a hotel I would wholeheartedly recommend to many of my friends.

Room Tip: We had the standard suite and that was more than adequate for two.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiCaSoSwan
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

A great hotel, good location minutes away from Sky Train, Central Dept Store, Central World, and a mini mart next door.
Staff are great - very friendly. The concierge staff always willing to assist you. So nice to come back to hotel at the end of the day to see smiling staff asking after your day and or events. They could not do enough to assist me! Most impressed at the service!
Breakfast - can't see why other posters are complaining??!! For a complimentary breakfast it covers Western and Asian tastes. Definitely no complaints here.
Room - GREAT! Very comfortable bed, great duckdown pillow (wanted to take it home with me!), good quality linen. Bathroom one of the best I've ever experienced! Had a corner room so had brilliant views around Bangkok. Loved the huge open wardrobe!
Pool area - great views and relaxing to sit around. Other guests were using the pool all day every day with much enjoyment!
Didn't dine in the in-house restaurant however did have a meal outside near pool - no complaints, good size serving.
Had wonderful foot massage at spa, expensive for Thailand, but well worth the money!!
Have recommended this hotel as our Bangkok hotel of choice for future business trips. (I'd also stay here if on vacation!).
Just loved it!