I stayed here for nights during a brief business trip to Bangkok in late 2011. The hotel is in excellent condition, and I believe was only about a year old.
I stayed on the Premier/Executive level and was impressed. The view from the outdoor deck is pretty amazing (see pics), although I wouldn't recommend going outside with young children, as a knee high garden wall is the only barrier around the edge.
The service in the lounge was great, with staff very attentive and willing to help. Canapes/drinks were plentiful in the evening, and it was a comfortable place to sit and get work done.
The room was comfortable, with a king sized bed and work station, and a great shower - I always love the dinnerplate sized shower heads that Novotels have:)
The location of this hotel is great also. The MRT station is directly outside, although I chose to walk approx 20 mins down the road to the MBK/Siam Paragon shopping complex. There are food and market stalls very close to the hotel, and taxi's are also easy to find.
I was impressed also with the helpfulness of the reception staff. I had to check out at 10am and had meetings all day before a midnight flight. I was allowed to leave my bags at the hotel, and then return in the afternoon to use the showers/locker room on the 3rd floor near the pool so I could freshen up before my flight. Staff were also knowledgeable with regard to local attractions and restaurants.
I can say with a high degree of certainty - I'll be back here again soon!
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit Hotel
- Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, a contemporary hotel situated in the Bangkok centre. Hotel is just a stone’s throw from BTS skytrain, major embassies and famous shopping areas. The hotel features 370 rooms, meeting rooms, an all-day dining restaurant "The Square", a chic "Dee Lounge", a fitness center and an outdoor pool. The hotel blends superior service with superb facilities, providing guests with memorable experiences, which makes Novotel Ploenchit ideal for both business and leisure travelers.From 1 Jan 2013: FREE WIFI AND CABLE INTERNET in ALL ROOMS, plus WIFI available throughout the hotel in all public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, ACCOR, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.