“good locatsion” 3 of 5 stars
Review of New My House Guest House

New My House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New My House Guest House
37 Soi Chanasongkhram, Bangkok, Thailand   |
Ranked #313 of 440 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Ko Tao, Thailand
“good locatsion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

the staff never smiles for you ,, but they play good movies every night ,, the room are really cheap and save ,, pay your boat ticket from there office they were the cheapest i found on that road .. food in there restaurant is okay ,, they charge a lot for the internet hours ,,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

staff have serious attitude problems, have seen many guests have problems with them for no reason. i tried to use the internet for 2 minutes, it didnt work so i gave up, one staff member tried to charge me and got angry at me as though it was my fault?? room is fine and cheap (very basic), but staff are looking for trouble so don't expect any kind of nice service

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place was cheap, clean (most of the time) and a nice place to hang out. The double room with fan was 250baht which was clean but still very hot. Bar and restaurant area downstairs was nice, with movies on throughout the day, good place to relax and watch a film. Stayed here twice with my boyfriend and would stay here again, great location, cheap and a nice atmosphere, never had a problem and would stay here again :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My house is a very cheap hostel to stay in.
I had a double room with a friend of mine and we payed 250 Baht per night. (125 per person).
I actually think it's fine. The room was quite dirty, but the beds were made and there were no insects (cockroaches etc.).
The showers and toilets were old but clean and the location is just amazing (especially for the price you are paying)!

Check-out time is noon, but if you want to check out later (between noon and 6PM) you pay for half a day.

The service was actually quit good. We checked-out (at 2pm, and payed the half a day) to go to Cambodia.Then we found out that we couldn't leave till the day after so we needed to spent another night in Bangkok.

We went back to the reception and asked if we could get our old room back. We got our room back and they didn't charge us the 125Baht. I think that's quite good service for Thailand. I've been to a lot of places which would have charged me the 125Baht anyway!

If you are looking for a place to sleep, for cheap, at a great location near Khaosan Road (5 min walk) and you're not to concerned about everything being very clean. I would recommend "My House". The beds where not that filthy themselves btw!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is not luxury, it is one of the most basic room rooms I've seen. But it is great value for its location. I stayed here twice with my girlfriend while we were traveling. And it was exactly what we needed, somewhere cheap to lay our heads.
I didn't find the staff rude, but they weren't exactly friendly, I've met worse and better.
It sucks that wifi is extra. I didn't eat in the restaurant, why would we when the street restaurants are just out side the door. Search out jojos pad thai down the road. The best I've had in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Pay the extra 50bt or so to get a room on the lower floors, the stairs are a nightmare.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The reviews here tend to be so negative - I have been staying at this guesthouse several times before even reading them and I'm glad I did. Given the price, I consider this guesthouse fairly OK for travelers on a tight budget.

No problems with the staff either, haven't really been paying attention at first but after reading some of the reviews here I started to. Conclusion: they are OK and some of them are even really nice. Smiling, helpful, etc. Not super friendly as you might expect from other areas in Thailand but seriously, what do you expect. You are still in the Khao San Road area after all. They are used to rude, drunk tourists who are yelling at night and trying to sneak in Thai prostitutes.

Will I stay here again? If on a tight budget and willing to stay close to Khao San Road, definitely.

Room Tip: Higher floors tend to be cheaper and more quiet, except for the single rooms, they are on the first...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Westfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

sheets were dirty, there was no blanket on the bed. The beds werent even real beds they were more like two sofas pushed together. Food was awful at the restaurant. Ants crawling all over the place. make you pay for toilet paper in the room. Wifi is extra money as well. Staff is very rude. Would not stay here again there are plenty of places around that are the same price and much better.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else this place is crap.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to New My House Guest House? Share your experiences!