Stayed from 30-12-2012 to 2-1-2013.
1) Location near Sky-train and shops,
2) And above-all the very nice large apartment; we had a two-bedroom on the 8th floor (room 803). The living room and kitchen (plus two nice bed rooms) was very pleasant and comfortable.
While the rooms are always the most important, we experienced a number of relatively small and one large issue(s) which will make our return to Shama very un-likely. (For the record; we stay in BKK 3-4 times a year as a family of four and I stay over on business in BKK each month.)
The less good:
It was busy as we stayed during over New Year and the service was lacking. Yes, all staff were smiling and friendly but;
1) It took three calls on the reception to get the WIFI properly arranged; wrong input into their computer by reception and we were only allowed to connect three devices…?
2) We were simply refused more than 2 key cards for a party of 4 which was very inconvenient,
3) Some items in the rooms were lacking; only soap on one bathroom and just two bathrobes for four people which is not handy when wanting to use the pool.
4) We asked for taxi at 07:00 am and got one after about ten minutes; no assistance from doorman with destination address and the driver wanted to go off-meter which we refused and we got our own cab down the street.
The really bad:
Our main bath room stank like an open sewer; we complained and it took three calls, the final one in person to the desk manager to get some action. It then took three different visits by maintenance. The stench never really went away completely. The issue is that the airlocks on some of the drains do not work so new drains must be installed. Although it was attended to as best they could in the short term, this was not sufficient and we never received an apology or any compensation or were offered another room.
Conclusion; really great modern, spacy apartments (although 803 is need of repairs). However, it seems that staff/management/service and hard ware in apartments are going down, when taking all of the good reviews on TA into account. We paid over 310 USD per night (high season prices). Very well located apartment hotels on Sukhumvit such as Legacy Suites, Adelphi and V-residence and others charge about 30% less with much better service and very nice rooms. Many new hotels are opening in BKK this year and for 310 USD+ and I think you and we deserve and can get a better deal!
- Also Known As:
- Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel
- Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shama Sukhumvit offers 90 contemporary serviced apartments located in a prestigious residential area amongst fashionable restaurants, stylish shopping, and the central business district with nearby BTS skytrain access. This unique “resort within a city” meets the refined standards of business and leisure travellers alike. Tropical gardens awash with flora and fauna combined with contemporary furnishings, extensive clubhouse complete with rooftop swimming pool, fitness centre, kids area, yoga and meditation rooms make this property a true retreat from the bustle of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amari Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.