“Run...don't walk...to Nickermann's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 261 Shopping in Bangkok
5.0 of 5 stars 504 Reviews
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: All Nickermanns garments are hand tailored with attention to details. Established in 1987 and having 24 years experience in the business.Having a suit custome made to your personal specifications requires a meticulous hand crafted process. Tailoring for both men and women,as we believe a good tailor who is cutting to sizes can make clothes of any size, shape and styleEach garment is expertly tailored,hand cut, sewn and finished by our skilled craftsmen. Your measurements are rechecked each time we recieve your order to allow for varience in weight and your unique cutters pattern is updated accordingly.Each garment is individually cut - an art we still value -.After completion all garmnents are checked by our master tailors to maintain quality.All Nickermanns suits have the following features-Finest hand-sewn sleeves and collars-finest canvas interfacing provides a natural feel and easy flowing fit.-hand picked and matched lining and buttons-hand made button holes
“Run...don't walk...to Nickermann's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of using Nickerman's in the summer of 2011. I decided to wait until now to publish a review because, with tailored clothing, I wanted to see if they would stand the test of time.

I had ordered 10 shirts (Egyptian cotton, French cuffs, monogrammed); 3 suits and 2 pairs of cotton pants. The fittings were quick, professional and courteous. Like many travelers to Bangkok, I had limited time in the city, so we arranged for a round of fittings to ensure that they got the measurements right, as well as to make any minor adjustments to achieve that "tailored" look. In the end, they were able to deliver the final goods to me at my hotel since I had a tight schedule in those final days.

So here I am, more than a year later...and you know what: I will never buy off-the-rack again. Sure, I still buy jeans and t-shirts and the like from regular shops. But from now on, Dee & her team are the only people I will allow to put me in a suit. The pants fit perfectly, the silhouette of the suit is second-to-none and I refuse to wear any other shirts. Despite the fact that I live here in Europe now, I plan to contact Dee & her team at least once a year for a wardrobe "re-fresh." (EXAMPLE: I'm getting married in 3 weeks, and while I already have a tuxedo, the staff at Nickermann's will the ones providing me with a shirt.

Having traveled to 36+ countries in my life, it's not often you encounter this level of customer service...I plan on supporting them for many years to come.

All the best!

Visited July 2012
knowledgebangkok, Owner at Nickermann's Tailors, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Canuckin,
Thank you for the very nice review really does help us and motivates us, will make sure to provide the same level of services and a big congratulation for the upcoming special occassion in your life. Wish you a very Happy married life
from all at Nickermanns

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Nickermann's Wedding Success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok many times and in the basement hidden away from all passing trade is a tailor's shop that is so professional and competant it should have street signs pointing to it.

I wanted to order 10 suits for my daughters wedding but for business reasons was not able to deliver the measurements personally. E mailed instructions on how to measure ourselves resulted in 10 perfect suits at an amazing price...

Well done to Dee and her team at Nickermann's, the wedding was a great success and we all "scrubbed up well!"

Russell.

Visited June 2013
knowledgebangkok, Owner at Nickermann's Tailors, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Russell,
\thank you for the very postitive review really do appreciate and wish your daughter all the best for a successfull marraing and life ahead - big god bless
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tailors, Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I used Nickermann's Tailors on the suggestion of a Canadian friend of ours from Canada, who had used them before, and was happy with their work.

My husband is a lawyer, and extremely picky when it comes to his suits. We had our consultation with Dee, who did an amazing job helping him pick out which fabrics to use and guiding us on what styles were popular. She also pushed him to try some more modern styles, which we were nervous about at first, but absolutely loved in the end.

I also had a dress made. I emailed Dee a picture I had found online, and she replicated the dress but we changed the style slightly and the colour as well.

In the end, my husbands suit and dress shirts, and my dress turned out beautifully, and fit very well. The quality is excellent, and we were very happy with the end result. Dee, her husband, and the other staff never pushed us to get the more expensive styles or fabrics. In fact, when we told her what we wanted she initially steered us towards the mid-range fabrics for the suits because she felt that would work better for my husband's needs. We appreciated that they took the time to measure accurately and insisted on multiple fittings to ensure everything fit properly. The first thing she said to us was that we would need to come in at least 3 times to do fittings in order to ensure the quality of the end product. I liked that she didn't just try to say she could make a suit in a day or so and that it would be great. This is not true - if you want an excellent bespoke suit you must do at least 2-3 fittings, and any tailor that says they can do it in less is not providing you with quality workmanship.

My husband and I both love the items we purchased. We appreciated the time that was taken to produce these items, and the customer service we received. We hope to use Nickermann's again for dress shirts and dresses, now that they have our measurements.

Some of the other tailors charge less than Nickermann's (for example, my husband chose 100% wool fabric, the most expensive, and the suit worked out to about 15,000 B and my dress, a fairly simple cut, worked out to about 5,000 B). Nevertheless, remember you get what you pay for. The days of getting cheap $200 US suits that are actually worth $1000 US are gone. Bangkok is a destination for tailoring suits, and so expect to pay anywhere between $400-600 US on a quality product. Still worth it, since a similar product in the US or Canada would be likely twice that.

QUICK TIP - for dresses if you know what you want, and go in with a photograph of what you are hoping to get that makes it much easier. Also, simple patterns with simple fabrics can be done in a week. More complicated things, such as those with pleats and embroidery will take longer, so keep that in mind.

Dear Sheilza,
Thank you for the lovely review and wish you and your husband all the best.
Hope to see you both again and provide the same level of service -
Once again thank you for the very positive review and theis really helps us to be on our toes regardsing latest styles and cuts and fits, service
kind regards
“Great ladies suits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Got 2 x 4 piece suits with skirt, dress, jacket and pants plus 5 shirts. Really well fitted. Great tailoring for busty women. Also very accommodating of our time constraints, delivering to our hotel and some pieces to Australia free of charge.

Visited May 2013
knowledgebangkok, Owner at Nickermann's Tailors, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Madam5star,
thank you for the lovely review really do appreciate as your review do help us survive in the basement of the landmark plaza, and motivates us too
“Nickermans was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend! Had two suits made as well as 5 shirts in only a few days. Fantastic quality and price!

Visited May 2013
knowledgebangkok, Owner at Nickermann's Tailors, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Jamesnunn1,
Thank you for the very nice review, your reviews do encourage us and motivate all of our staff to perform to thier level best