“really awesome hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square

Save Saved
You added Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square to your Saves list
Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   925 / 9 Rama 1 Road | Wang Mai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 504 Specialty lodging in Bangkok
Manila, Philippines
“really awesome hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lub d is one of the best places I've stayed in. I like the interiors and the decor of the rooms. It's conveniently located. The BTS is close and there are lots of interesting places nearby. The rooms are clean and cozy. The common areas are great too. The whole feel of the place is modern and no-nonsense. I also like the industrial finish in that they didn't waste any money on tiles but they still managed to make it look awesome. I'd stay here again if I go back to BKK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great hostel to stay as it is conviently located in the Siam Square, and near the skytrain station, and nearby night market The room is clean, and so are the common areas. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is a great place to make new friends who share the same passion of traveling. Nicely decorated like Ikea and modern.

The staff suggested a spa nearby and gave me a discount coupon. It was the worse massage ever. She was on her cell phone talking loudly while giving me a massage, and even demanded a tip.

It would be nice if the ladies toilet by the lobby was fixed, as it remained broken for the 4 days I was there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We rented the superior double with ensuite for three nights. We thought it 2000THB a night was a bit pricey for a backpacker style hostel but we wanted to take advantage of the coin laundry (lifesaver!) and great location, right next to the BTS.

The bed was nice and firm, the shower was hot and water pressure adequate but the shower head only sprayed in a circle so it was a bit annoying only having the edge of my face being washed not the centre. The aircon was powerful and wasn't too loud. For a small room, there is plenty of space for your luggage (we had four suitcases) so you didn't feel cramped at all. The rooms are clean. There are no elevators but fortunately the superior double ensuite rooms are only one floor above ground.

Our only other gripe was the water pump going off all hours (could have been our room location) and other guests speaking loudly with no consideration of other people in the atrium area well after midnight AND doing their laundry after 10pm even though the signs (in English) say not to do all that. Maybe having more signs in Chinese and other languages may help the situation.

The staff members were really sanuk but we didn't really interact with them because we were only there to shop and eat at places we already knew about. Enjoyed reading the info wall in the lobby area. There was a decent library and DVD collection to take advantage of as well.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lub d Bangkok is a nice hostel right smack in the center of all the shopping malls in Siam Square, the place is just a stone throw away from the skytrain terminal station at the National Stadium. The place is clean, very well kept and invitngly hip, geared towards the young backpackers. Place is very nice, staff very courteous and so helpful, warm and polite. The rate is very good specially for the budget traveller who would want to stay in the good hostel in bangkok forca very reasonable price. Definitely, I will come back and choose this hostel. Had a great time!!! Thank you very much!!!

Room Tip: There are dorms and there are rooms with shared or private bathrooms. Either of the rooms is great...
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just got back from a five-day Bangkok trip; as a Bangkok "virgin", I must say that I immediately fell in love with the city and Lub D Siam played a huge part in my favorable impression of Bangkok.

I love Lub D's chic & modern interiors, you can almost call it sort of a boutique hostel. The common areas and the rooms are always kept clean and the people at the reception are always nice and ready to assist. They also have a tour desk in the lobby (ran by a different company, I think), which can help you book tours in and out of Bangkok - our buffet dinner cruise was arranged for us by the said tour desk. As this was our first trip to the city, we were always out the whole day and even in the evenings, when the staff would arrange an activity for the hostel guests. So sorry we couldn't take part in that, but I think that's a great way to socialize and meet fellow travelers from around the world. Fellow guests looked like they were having a great time in the lobby and in the patio when we would get back late in the evening.

We booked a double private room on the 2nd floor (Room 206) - it has a toilet & bath in it so we didn't have to get out of the room if we had to take a leak in the middle of the night. The room itself was spacious enough, it has cable TV but no fridge; it doesn't have a wardrobe as well, since backpackers are the hostel's main target guests anyway. It does have enough interesting-looking wall hooks from which you can hang your clothes. Rooms are cleaned daily and the bedding, towels and bottled water are also replaced every day. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that our window was looking out directly into the window of the next door building (also a hostel, I think) three feet away, that's why we had our window shades drawn all the time. That's just a minor quibble, though. By the way, we also had free fast WiFi during our entire stay; the password was right on our key card. I don't know if the free WiFi is also the case for guests in other room types, but Lub D has several computers in the lobby for internet access (also free).

Like every reviewer here has said, Lub D Siam's central location is just superb, especially for tourists like us who were first time Bangkok visitors. It is easily accessible from the airport via the Airport Railway Line and a couple of BTS line transfers to the National Stadium station, which is quite literally at the hostel's doorstep. The BTS will also be your best friend as you explore the city. I would suggest to buy a 3-day BTS ticket for unlimited train trips for the two BTS lines within the next 3 days (the MRT/subway uses tokens instead of tickets). Try to explore the city via boat as well - the central boat terminal is located underneath the BTS Saphan Taksin station, 6 stations away from National Stadium station via the BTS Silom line. And since Lub D Siam is right smack in Bangkok's shopping area, serial shoppers can shop til they drop - the whole stretch from MBK (across the road from Lub D) to Central World (and Platinum Mall, a few minutes walk away from behind Central World).

I love Lub D Siam and I will recommend this hostel to my friends who are going to visit Bangkok. I'd definitely stay here again when I go back maybe next year! :-)

Room Tip: Lub D has no elevators so try to pack light
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

As a backpacker I really enjoyed staying in this hostel.Well organised,clean,modern with everything you need during your trip.The location is nice... 5minutes by walk from metro station which is Ok as long as you are not lazy.I also liked the typical friendly atmosphere of a place where young people from all over the world meet to party!:) I am definitely going to stay there on my way back home from bangkok to Europe.

• Stayed July 2013
Celerina, Schweiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

i found that place through a friend and she convinced me to stay in a dormitory. normally i m not that much used to stay in dormitories but i was very much happy to experience this place. very clean, very stylish, rooms are more than enough. functional accomodation while travelling on a budget, therefore we had more money to spend in BKK nightlife :)
location is as well great , located next to national stadium BTS and a short walk from siam square...

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms w/o or with bathroom are very nice and offer enough space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square? Share your experiences!