“Hotel Radisson Suites Bangkok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit

You added Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23/2-3 Sukhumvit 13, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #162 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“Hotel Radisson Suites Bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed here for 4nights/5days. The only problem with this hotel is location. No pavement near the hotel and very unsafe walk to the main road. No taxi is available near the hotel and taxi which is available outside hotel charges more than double and there is no support from the hotel. The surroundings was very disappointing but inside the hotel it was a good experience. There is no doubt hotel/room service is good.

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

1.stay on this hotel. The surroundings was very dissapointing. the streets nearby very dark and did not look very inviting to stay in this area. BUT: Inside the hotel turned to be very nice. We checked into a very comfortable suite helped by a very friendly boy. We had planned to stay just one night, but ended up staying 3 nights. The staff is very good ,both in reception and the breakfast area.We vould like to be back on this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

What a disappointment.
1) Location was near the end of a dangerous side street. No pavement and very unsafe walk to the main road.
2) given the honeymoon package which consisted of a few dead petals on the bed.
3) Went to the bar twice and never asked by staff what we wanted despite there being only two other people in the bar. One was an elderly man who was negotiating with a young Thai girl.
4) Room not made up until requested early afternoon.
5) Reluctant to replace tea and coffee each day.
6) Buffet breakfast cold.
This hotel needs better management.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BenjaminKrieg, General Manager at Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear 'davidpearman'

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us earlier this week, I am sorry that you felt some aspects of your stay were not to your expectations

Many of our guests like very much our location, being conveniently located walking distance to the Sukhumvit and Soi 11, cafe and restaurant 'Entertainment Soi' and for guests that prefer not to walk, we have two complimentary Tuk Tuks that pickup and drop off our guests all throughout the day to local shopping centres, restaurants and BTS stations

Our daily ‘Stay Over’ rooms are cleaned in the early afternoon, as in the morning we are quick to return our departed rooms as soon as possible for arriving guests, however we can service rooms 24 hours per day at your request, so perhaps for your next stay, please let us know your preferred time to have your room serviced, we can do this at any time as per your request.

I have also looked at the reservation made by your agent, and there was no request for Honeymoon setup, and I am a little unsure about your comments made, as so many of our guests love our honeymoon setup, however I would be more than happy to discuss with you directly this and any other aspects of your stay directly, and can be contacted at the hotel, unfortunately I do not have your direct email on file, or I would contact you personally.

I look forward to discussing your stay with you

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

A long review. Synopsis is. Great room, clean and well appointed. Service was outstanding. I can not think of anything that I needed that wasn't on the propety itself. Read on if you want a more detailed description.

The Radisson Sukumvit is located about two long blocks off the main road and then another two blocks from the Nana BTS sky train station. It has a newer feel to it with the lobby appointed in black marble and mirrors with floor to ceiling glass facing the parking lot.

I left BKK via metered taxi (325 Bhat plus 75 Bhat for the toll roads) at 2:30 a.m. As would be expected for that time of night there was no line to check in. I had made my reservation on Radisson's website so check in was absolutely painless. A glance at my passport, a signature and I was headed to my room. I did take the breakfast option that the night manager suggested. For reasons beyond me if you have the breakfast pre paid to your room it is 140 Bhat less than if you walk in and eat the same thing in the morning. I experienced this at last year's Ramada Sukumvit stay.

The elevator required a room key which I liked very much. I looked for a slot to put the key but only saw a flat plastic playing card sized space. I put my card near it and the lights changed and I was allowed to select my floor. One of those RFID cards with the built in identification chips. The elevator silently moved me to the seventh floor. The doorbell was rhe RFID sensor. I passed my card over it and the door softly clicked open.

The room I had was a "Deluxe" upgraded from a "Superior". The Room was more of a mini suite than a room. The door opened to room with a L shaped couch, large flat screet television with internet accesability. Coffee maker with tea, and coffee (both caf and decaf), sugar and there must have been some sort of creamer there too. A nicely stocked mini bar refrigerator.

A frosted sliding glass door led to the sleeping area. Down a short hallway with toilet on one side and shower and tub on the other, both descretly behind the same frosted glass as the one before.

A King sized bed took up one side of the room flanked with lights and the light controls for the room. Across from the bed was another large flat screen television and various plugs including the standard two pronged 220 volt outlet, a HDMI input and a 5 volt USB. A sink and towels. The expected assortment of soaps and lotions as well as some of the bath items you might have forgotten to pack were close to the sink as were two small bottles of sealed water. Of course the was in room Wi-Fi. The signal was stronger in the sitting area than it was in the bedroom, but it was functional in the entire suite.

The closet at the side of the room held the in room safe, two bathrobes and two pairs of bath slippers. The hair dryer was located within a drawer in the closet as well.

The room stayed quiet the rest of the evening and there was no nearby mosque or construction to disturb my sleep.

Breakfast was from 6:30 to 10:30 am. A very wide assortment of cultures and foods were represented. Six kinds of fresh fruit, cereals, Asian and Indian foods. An Omelet station and breads galore from sweet rolls, to craussents and tow loaves of bread. coffee and three types of juices. The obligatory omelet station and meats and potatoes for the Western palate. Quite an assortment for around $12 USD.

I had some business to attend to and the business center had 3 computers and printer to get me the forms I needed. The front desk was able to convert US dollars into Thai Bhat at a fair rate (a little more than 30 to the dollar) though she did reject one of the bills because of a teeny tear where the bill frequently gets folded (Cash might be king, but only unblemished cash is king in SE Asia). I took a wander up to the pool area on the 8th floor. It looked great if you were a sun worshiper or a swimmer. As far as a place to relax and watch the world go by it looked pretty Spartan. I didn't see a piece of shade anyplace there and the only greenery was looking down at the neighboring property. It was kind of like a pool set on a hot airport runway.

All in all the Radisson Sukumvit really tries and succeeds as an international 4.5 star hotel at the price near the cost for the Motel 6 in my hometown. I think I would have kept the same rating regardless of the upgrade or not.

The only complaints I have (and they are VERY minor, almost nit picky) are. The in coffee is granulated instant coffee in a tube. The hot water maker says it is a Phillips Senseco, but there weren't any coffee pods in evidence. The hot water in the shower is HOT (No complaints there) though the temprarure regulator was twitchy. It was very hard for me to get that Goldilocks temp of -- just right. The coffee mug had a soap taste to it, so much so I tossed out my first cup of coffee, rinsed out the cup and wiped it with a washcloth. The same experience as at the nearby Ramada. For some reason the only clocks in the room are located in the television bezel, a very difficult reading when you want to check the time when still half asleep. I am sure management has lost their share of $10 bedside alarm clocks is the reason for this.

Addendum:
I returned to the hotel two weeks later after a trip to Myanmar. When my taxi arrived as I was getting my l8ggage from the back seat one of the desk clerks, who's name I learned is Aum, greeted me with a “Welcome back to the Radisson.”. He said he would like to upgrade me to a larger room, and I said I would like that. The room is actually two rooms one king sized bed, dressing are and bathroom. The other a fairly large sitting area, nice desk and kitchenette with sink, 3/4 size refrigerator and microwave. He offered me complimentary breakfast as I waited for the room to be prepared. (It was around 10 a.m.). Later in the day a staff member brought a small fruit tray with personalized note from the manager welcoming me back to the property. I am just a nobody normal tourist and they really seem to go out of their way for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear 'DorothyMacaw'

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays with us, and for rating Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit 5 our of 5. I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, room facilities, breakfast and hotel service on both occasions!

Your feedback and comments will definitely serve as encouragement to our team to continue to provide high levels of service to each and every one of our guests. I am confident that our service in particular make Radisson Suites Bangkok a very special hotel to stay when in Bangkok, and why so many guests choose to return time after time

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

To be fair I did check in after midnight on a Saturday night following a long flight. I can only assume they must have been short of choice or rooms - when I woke in the morning the view was negligible consisting of a concrete wall four metres away - on the 6th floor. No need to worry about being overlooked anyway!

Now the Radisson prides itself on ensuring that guests were happy so I called the front desk and expressed my dissatisfaction. I was assured the issue would be fixed and indeed it was. Following checkout time I was shown an alternative room which was very nice indeed overlooking what passes as a park in this area. What struck me then, and in all my dealings with staff since, has been their professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness, a willingness to go the extra step. This has contributed to making the stay a very enjoyable one.

Often used the tuk tuk service to get to the Skytrain or underground. A quick call on the way back and it came to pick me up. Appreciated as is is rather hot at the moment. The gym was fine for a basic workout and handy to the pool. A swim was particularly pleasant in the evening. Enjoyed the breakfast but other meals not memorable.

Room Tip: If an outlook is important to you request it. Bear in mind that this is not a district with much to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel with my 2 kids, the best part was it had wi-fi in the room on tv, food was ok..view from the room was none as our room was facing another blgd where construction work was going on so pratically our curtains were drawn at all time. staff quiet helpful. a nice stay could have been better room view was nice. they have a shuttle too to the metro which was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Met the owner who suggested we check out his hotel. He would even meet the price of a lower rated hotel. We arrived to a hotel which was situated down a side street, not a normal side street but one where there were no trees, no nice shop fronts, no real curb appeal. The lobby had a funny smell. We asked to see the pool and the a standard room. The pool was ok, the hot tub ok, the gym had older equipment. The bed in the room had a large bump in the middle of the king size bed. The room in general did not look as if it had been updated or renovated as stated it was supposed to be by the end of March 2014. It is now the 27 March and no workers were sighted. Have decided to stay at the Park Plaza Soi 18.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 'Kay B'

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, although you chose not to stay at our hotel.

Although our hotel is not prominently on the Sukhumvit, our location is easily accessed by both Asok and Nana BTS Stations which we also service return complimentary shuttles with our two hotel Tuk Tuks, which many guests like very much, and the size of our rooms and overall facilities for our guests, as well as the great location to Soi 11 restaurants and café makes our location a popular choice.

I am sorry that you felt some aspects of the hotel were not to your personal liking, and I can assure you the room updating process is virtually completed, and it is our intention for all guests to never see workers and is by no means an indication of works completed nor not completed

I would be more than happy to welcome you to stay at the hotel for your next trip to Bangkok, and I am sure that upon departure you would find that the location, facilities and service leaves you with every intention to return

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel soon

Benjamin Krieg

Been to Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!