“Terrible service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11

Save Saved
You added Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 to your Saves list
Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Sukhumvit Soi 11 | Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #128 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Ireland
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

From check in through baggage, pool and management really bad, unfriendly and unprofessional service.
Not handicapped friendly.No recognition of SPG members.
Lots of smiles that mean nothing.
Because they are busy they really do not care and management support the bad attitude.
Never again.
Anywhere else but I am certainly less likely to use an SPG hotel , if this is how they train staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Justin M, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Celticjo58

Thank you for providing a review of your experience at Aloft Bangkok, I'm very shocked to read your comments and would like to offer my immediate apology. It was also nice briefly speaking with you to learn you've extended your stay, and I look forward meeting you tomorrow morning as arranged.

I can assure you we do not support inappropriate attitudes and hence I truly do look forward to speaking with you direct to understand how I can address your comments directly.

Thank you once again, in advance, for taking the time to meet with me.

Very best

Justin

987 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

After having stayed over 5 times at this hotel in the past few months, I thought it was about time I share my thoughts on this unpretentious, yet contemporary and pleasant property.

For about about a hundred dollars, you get exactly what you had paid for, and a little extra! The hotel location is ideal for younger travelers to Bangkok (or at least the young-spirited ones), as some of the city's most vibrant bars and clubs are just a stone's throw away from the hotel entrance. Needless to say how convenient it is to just take the elevator up to your room after a long night out in Levels, which I warmly recommend to everyone staying in this hotel.

The Front Desk staff was friendly and has greeted me every single time I would pass by the reception, and the team is led by a great Front Office Manager, Mr Narongsak who truly cares about his guests' experience.The Bell staff was able to remember my usual taxi route and arrange a taxi, without me even having to repeat the destination, and the Housekeeeping ladies I encountered were extremely courteous and humble. The only thing I had a dislike for was the In Room Dining, particularly the food presentation. Everything I ordered appeared to arrive in some colorful, rather unappealing Tupperware-style boxes, and the taste was not much better either, as each of the dishes I ordered always had a spice or two (and by 'spice' i do not mean a chilli pepper) that would spoil the dish.

The pool is small, no doubt, but it serves its purpose on a hot Bangkok day. Gym was also modest, but functional. I appreciated the little snack corner on the ground floor, it was super convenient grabbing their fresh cut fruid salad on my way to the office.

Overall, the concept of simple, modern, yet affordable hip hotel seems to be working out well for Starwood. I certainly did enjoy my stay and would return, as it truly is good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear JayJayAroundTheWorld,

Thank you very much for your precious time to write this positive review. We are very delighted to hear that you kept coming back to stay with us. :)

Aloft Hotels is all about the location. The hotel is situated in the middle of entertainment and business area, so it's easy access to other places in Bangkok with the BTS sky train and MRT subway. We will share your compliments to the Front Office and Refresh team (housekeeping team) for their good job to our a-list guests. For the in-room dining menu, it's our standard to serve food in the colorful bento. It's one of our local experiences to use bento as the food container. However, we would like to apologize your food experience. We are investigating this issue now. Please be ensured that we will do our best to improve our service and product quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again for your 'over 6 times'. Take care! :)

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our five point review:

1. Very close to the Nana BTS stop, which is very convenient to get around Bangkok

2. Great concierge service (thanks Art!) who helped us book restaurants, massages, and Muay Thai shows. Complementary tuk tuk service within a close proximity was clutch!

3. Level 10 Pool was nice and relaxing although small (Great Thai Iced Tea!)

4. WXYZ Bar offers an all-you-can drink on Fridays and Saturdays from 9-12 for 499 Baht - what a steal! Levels club is one of the "hottest" in Bangkok and was a good time

5. A few too many seedy characters around the area. To put it bluntly, many older men with younger, very dressed up women, walking around all hours of the day and night. More than a few awkward elevator encounters with some forced small conversation when the best conversation would have been none.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Andrew W,

Thanks for your time to write this review. We will definitely pass your comment to Art, our Concierge team, for his amazing work as well as our talent for 'Great Thai Iced Tea' at Splash pool bar. We are always happy to hear that our guests had a great time with us. :)

Looking forward to having you back here again sooner or later. Take care.

Taiwan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been to Bangkok over 20 times, it’s my first time stay in this hotel and I feel so disappointed. My friends were travel with me for New Year Eve - we booked 3 rooms and stay here for 4 nights. We do have the same feel that this hotel cannot be compared with other SPG hotels.

1. The rooms were clean but you can’t feel friendly or comfortable atmosphere here. The front desk staff doesn't care about any customer; they don't have any smile on the face.
2. The breakfast just OK. There are not too much choice in the morning, the food renew and table clean really slowly.
3. I have stay in the Room 1507 at 1st night. The air condition was horrible - twice power failure at 5 or 6 in the morning. Otherwise, there’s no coffee machine at this room - my friends' room do have. You can see the opposite room from your room, the distance between buildings is too close. You can also hear someone yell on passage at 7 am. Can't sleep very well at first night.
4. Our room has been changed to Room 2101 after complaining to manager in the morning. The water flow everywhere when taking shower at night - the drainage of this bathroom is not good. Yes, the work man helps fix and clean the bathtub, but the result seems not really good. We can’t turn on the shower to maximum. The bathtub drain really needs repairing.
5. Room key can’t access to our room and elevator 3 times, which means I have to go to another floor with other customer and go down by myself. Once could be OK, but 3 days 3 times were unacceptable for anyone.
6. We spend over 3000 baht++ per night, can’t get the value of money. Customer can find other hotels and get better service MORE THAN Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11.
7. The main road is bit noisy; you can get drink on the street easily. Good place for Party Animal to stay. If you would have a relax holiday, choice another place.

I don’t know what’s happening of this hotel. You know, people come here for holiday not complain everything - especially I have brought 5 of my best friends to Bangkok and stay here for FOUR NIGHTS. This is their first time to Bangkok and this hotel provides this kind of service to us. I’m so embarrassed, and feel so sorry to choice this hotel for my mates. Feel so disappointed this time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Netkuo,

Firstly, thank you for your time to write this constructive review to us, and we would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointment occurring during your stay at our property. We are extremely sad to hear that our talent could not deliver the high standard of our service although we have regularly trained them in the weekly basis.

We already passed your comment regarding to the breakfast variety to our Executive Chef, and our top management will review it with him. We are very surprised to hear this comment because normally we received the positive feedback about our breakfast. During your stay, the entire street experienced a power outage in the early morning and the hotel ran on generator power as a result in certain areas related to guest's safety including elevators and corridors. The Metropolitan Electricity Authority was asked to solve this problem as soon as they could.

To provide our guest's convenience, our Front Desk talent assigned the rooms on the same floor for your group. Your friends were upgraded to the better room category (the room where had the coffee machine) in order to be on the same floor with others while you were assigned to the original room as the booking was made. Actually, we do provide the rooms with the stunning view facing to Bangkok city, but it will be another room category as well.

We always have an ongoing thorough maintenance schedule in place and are in the process of addressing a number of areas including the drainage issue in the hotel and we constantly update & review this with our teams. Please accept our apology once again.

We honestly admit that we encountered an internally technical problems relating to the key card. We are deeply investigating the root cause to find the best solution for our guests. Kindly be assured that we do not ignore any of your feedback. We take it serious to improve our product and service quality. We hope you grant another chance for us to welcome you back here again.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Let me start by saying I liked this hotel, it was great, but it is not for everyone.

The hotel is located in the middle of Soi Sukhumvit 11, about 500 meters north of Nana station. If you tell the taxi driver to go to Sukhumvit 11, it should not be too hard to find the hotel. Nana is a very lively area, probably too lively for some. At night, Sukhumvit 11 turns into a bar, where combi vans/bars are stationed on the street. If you are looking for a peachful stroll outside the hotel after dinner, you can forget. It also makes a huge traffic jam in the area. The entire street is a giant party after dark, so it is very very noisy until 5 AM and you can hear it even from a high-floor room.

So given this, I wouldn't recommend the area for families, business travellers or honeymooners. What it is great for is singles, young couples without kids or groups.

Another thing that I did not like location is that it seems all taxis that come to this street, maybe the area, do not want to use the meter and are charging much higher prices (sometimes double) due to the fact that they know you are a tourist. I did not fact this problem anywhere else coming back to the hotel. We always insisted on using the meter. I hope the hotel management can work with other properties and local government on resolving this problem in the area. The hotel should only accept taxis that agree to use the meter.

Now onto the hotel, like most buildings in Bangkok, the hotel is a very narrow, very tall building. The lobby is very stylish and check in was fairly quick. When you book, make sure you get an urban room, which is a city-view room. Chic rooms are without views, because it is blocked by a similarly tall building next door.

Everything from the lobby, lift and corridor is very new and clean. The room is spacious, but you can see the signs of aging. Having said that the room are functional and spacious. If you get the twin queen rooms, you can easily sleep 4 adults. The toileteries are not replenished daily, but you may request them anytime.

The lobby has a snack store, but I would recommend going to 7 Eleven nearby for the same items at cheaper prices. Nearest is 30 meters, turn left when you exit the hotel.

The hotel offers free tuk tuk ride to nearby area, we used it to get the Nana station. Nana station is on the Sukhumvit BTS line, which is very convenient to get to Asoke (Terminal 21) and Siam (Paragon). Get a Rabbit card and store some money on it. You can even use credit card to add money (400 baht minimum, can split multiple Rabbit cards). This will save you heaps of time from lining up for the ticket machine at busy stations (which are the ones you will go to).

To get to the hotel from the airport, we took the AOT airport limosine and it costed 950 baht, expensive, but very comfortable though. On the return we took a metered taxi off the street and costed 300 baht including toll, without any traffic jams. An even cheaper alternative is to use the Airport link City Line (not the Express Line, since it is much more expensive and you might as well take a taxi for 2+ people) and get on at the Makkasan station, then taxi between Makkasan station and hotel, or request the hotel tuk tuk.

Overall I liked the hotel and best of all, the rate was very reasonable, around 3000 baht ++/night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Calfie,

First of all, thank you for your valueable feedback to us. This information is very insightful for other guests. :)

We are very delighted you enjoyed our hotel facilities. We have continuously maintained and actively looked for any solution to keep our hotel in the best condition. Please be ensured that we will do our best to deliver the best experience to our valued guests. For the taxi issue, we accept that we have a huge challenge with this point. We really cannot control them although we already tried to solve this issue in the past. We will pass your comment to our top management to find any further solution.

We hope to welcome you back here again. :)

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I am so excited to find this W series hotels in Bankok, but finally I'm disoppointed during my new year vocations. 1. The breakfast is not good as others. And the waiter is slowly moved to service customers. 2. We ordered 4 days to stay here. But we got 2 times key cards problems ( we need to reset the key again and again). I can accept the 1st issue but not 2nd one. 3. The desk clerk is not friendly and service slowly when checking in. Fast and friendly with west country visitors but not with Asia customers. I am so surprised about the 4 stars hotel service quality. It's not my first time to live in same class hotel, but this experience was the worst one. Hope they will improve in the future.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Ijrhata,

First of all, I would like to really apologize you for all unsmooth experiences. Please be ensured that we already shared this valueable feedback to our top management. We have trained our talent regularly for the best service we could provide. We are extremely sad to hear that our talent was not active and friendly as they should do. For the key card problems, we would like to confess that we have an internally technical problems about this issue. We are deeply investigating the root cause to find the best solution for our guests. Kindly be assured that we will do our best to improve these problems. We really hope that you give another chance for us to welcome you back again.

Thank you very much for such a valueable feedback.

Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at the hotel
And liked it very much. The room
Is clean and comfy.
The pool is pretty cold and there is not much sun but still is okay. Staff is friendly as well. Breakfast is nice, i mist the fruits choose though.
Would stay there anytime again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LiiLee,

Thanks for your compliment! We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Don't miss our seasonal fruits in the next time! Take care until we have a chance to welcome you back again.

Marketing Communications Manager

Been to Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11? Share your experiences!