“Modern Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11

You added Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 to your Saves list
Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Sukhumvit Soi 11 | Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Amazing Free Night
Ranked #141 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Sanaa, Yemen
“Modern Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I loved the hotel from the first sec. Its exactly the same as the photos displayed. Modern, colorful, comfortable, clean. The staff were helpful and sweet. As for the location its very close from the shopping area and the SKY train which takes u to many places. One more thing the breakfast was very yummy :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, AU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this property for 2 nights in mid-October 2012. Our last accommodation prior to BKK was the Aloft in East London, and the two properties were very similar.We have enjoyed our experiences with Aloft so far, even though we are probably a bit older than the demographic they seem to be targeting!

Our room was spacious and had a very comfortable bed. There was an iPod dock and also a setup where you could plug in HDMI cables etc and watch content from your laptop on the TV. The bathroom was great also. The room had a desk area along the window. All of this was very welcome after some of the accommodation we'd had in Europe. WiFi was included and very good strength throughout the hotel. Accommodations in Australia could definitely learn a lesson from places like this, in terms of providing decent internet as part of the rate.

They had a nice pool on Level 8 which had a decent view and a bar where you could get drinks and snacks. We ate in the main restaurant on our first night and the service and food were good. We liked the little store within the hotel where you could buy drinks or snacks at any hour. The hotel is very close to Sukhumvit Rd and the Nana BTS station. There are market stalls along the street near the station where you can get DVDs, T-shirts and all kinds of stuff. Along the street the hotel was in are many restaurants and bars, as well as a 7-11 store and a few tailors.

We found the service very good. We had a flight at 9:30PM so the free 4PM checkout we got through SPG Gold was very helpful. Others have mentioned that cab drivers may not know this place as it is fairly new. We found that if you tell them it is near 'the Ambassador', they will find it OK.

Anyway we were very happy with this hotel and would definitely stay with the Aloft brand of Starwood again. Pity they don't have any in Australia as yet...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spent five nights at this hotel during the end of October. The location is excellent. It is located on Sukhumvit Soi 11 directly across the street from the famous nightclub, Bed Supper Club. The Q-Bar is right around the corner. A new club Bash is 5 minutes down the road and Climax is a few yards further down. The hotel also has a club/lounge within their hotel, Levels. All along Soi 11 there are Thai bars, American bars, Australian bars, German bars, Irish bars, outdoor bars made from converted VW buses, and street venders serving food.

The hotel common areas are really nice and stylish. When you walk in the reception area is directly to your right. They have a waiting area to your left with lounge sofas and large flat screen tv's. If you walk past this area, they have the elevators on the right. On the left is a refreshment area that serves snacks, soft drinks, fruits, salads, deli stuff, beer, and coffee. Past that there's a lounge area with pool tables, foosball table, music, Tv's, and other games. The 1st floor has the W XYZ Bar. They have really cool signature drinks there. The atmosphere is really chic and upbeat with cool lighting and house music. You can get there from the ground floor stairs or elevator.

Crave is on the 6th floor I think. This is a wine bar and restaurant. They have some really good drink and food specials. You can order by glass or bottle. I only had their cheese platter and cold-cut platter, but their menu looked good and the dishes that I saw looked good.

The pool, fitness, and meeting rooms are on the 10th floor. The pool is a nice place to hang out since the weather there is so hot and humid. The only downside is the shallowness of the pool. It's only 3 feet deep throughout the entire pool. It's good enough to get wet though. Surrounding the pool is large glass panels that look out onto Bangkok city. Really beautiful view!! The pool also has an outdoor bar. The fitness room has all the normal weightlifting gear and cardio machines.

The club/lounge, Levels, is on the 8th floor, but is only accessible from an elevator at the outside of the hotel. I went to the club on Halloween night and it was packed. There were a lot of people from all over the world and also a lot of locals. It was a nice mix of people and good atmosphere. They could use a better DJ though.

The rooms have a credit card style key that opens the doors to your room and the fitness room. It is also needed to turn on the lights and A/C in the room. I had the urban room with twin beds. I wanted to get the urban room with king bed since I was alone, but they were out of it. The room seemed small, but that was probably because the twin beds were big beds. They weren't two twin beds or full beds; they were two queen size beds. On the nightstand they had an alarm clock with an ipod dock. It also had controls to all the lights in the room. The room had a large flat panel tv with a media station where you could connect your computer or whatever else you wanted to view on the tv. They had almost all the connection types. You just need to have the cords for it. Although, I'm sure the hotel as some available. In the room was also a refrigerator, couch, small table, and desk area. The refrigerator came stocked with beers, water, sodas, and some chocolate candies. The room also had some snacks and condoms. All the items in the refrigerator, the snacks, and the condoms were mini bar stuff that had to be paid for.

When you walk into the room, the bathroom is on the right hand side. The vanity area has a large sink, large mirror, and an adjustable vanity mirror. They have universal outlets throughout the room that fit a variety of plugs. The bathroom came stocked with drinking cups, shower cap, and body lotion. The shower had shampoo/conditioner and body wash in dispensers. The shower had a giant rain style shower head. It had big glass sides and door. They had three bath towels, three hand towels, and three wash towels. Behind the vanity, they had the closet with hangers, slippers, robe, iron, and iron board. There was also a hotel safe on the side, hair dryer, coffee machine, teas, and coffee stuff. Oh yah, there was also two complimentary waters that were replenished each day.

I think this hotel is great for anyone that wants to be directly in the heart of Bangkok nightlife. The price was also very affordable compared to similar style hotels in the area. I can't wait to stay there again. Only bad thing I can say about the hotel was the slow elevators. It also didn't have a spa. Other than that, I loved it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The service of the staff couldn't have been worse. The amount of time it took for checking in was too long. To make it worse when we asked, the man on the phone said we could have late checkout to a certain time. But if we check out after that we would have to pay for 1 more night! We even asked if they could charge for half night but he said there is no half night policy. So we came back and think what we want to do first. Then when we went to the front to request for late checkout he said we would be charged for half a night. Even after we have discussed and were able to identified who gave us the info over the phone. They insist that the hotel has no policy like that. So I think this hotel takes no responsibility in whatever their staff said to the guests. Totally let down from Starwood group. I will no longer send our staff to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012
AloftBangkokGM, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Khun Kanittha_ttt,

I would like to apologise for the experience received at the Front Desk from two different staff members regarding our late checkout policy.

Ordinarily we charge a half day rate for checkout up until 6.00pm and full rate for departures after 6.00pm. I have investigated and have discovered there were inconsistencies with what we advised you which is regrettable and totally avoidable.

We hope you may consider to send staff to the Hotel again in the future so that we can demonstrate the level of service you initially expected. Please feel free to contact me directly at brendan.daly@alofthotels.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Brendan Daly
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is like you are in a state of youthful extravaganza when in aloft . It gives you the pleasure of sight and sound . Very chic and at the same time very warm .the staffs are wonderful .there appearance and attitude is very friendly . Buffet breakfast is good with spacious seating .located in a strategically convenient place this hotel is a must stay for the discerning . the rooms assures you that you are welcome when you step in . Fascinating .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Puttalam, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at the Aloft for three nights. Unfortunately, I was sick for a full day so I could not fully enjoy the food at the hotel. I did, however, appreciate the wonderful room. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was great. This is a new, modern chain hotel that could be anywhere in the world. So, if you are looking for a hotel with character that reflects local surroundings, this may not be for you. I have been living in Asia for a few months and appreciated all the extras. The service was great and the amenities were many. The decor is ultra-modern trying to appeal to the young, hip crowd I think. I stayed for three nights so stayed for a very reasonable price. A great value. It was a short walk from the metro link and easy to get to some of the major sites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

What happened to the hospitality Thais are famous for? I've been to Bangkok numerous times and I have to say this was a truly disappointing experience.

This was my first time staying in a Aloft property. As a Starwood hotel, I have to say I am not impressed, actually more disappointed. Especially with the service (again, not only do you expect a certain level of service in Thailand, you also expect a certain standard from a Starwood property). Staff are cold and seem like they just want to get their work done. I even saw a staff get annoyed with one of the guests! Now, I know that even if a guest is annoying, as service staff, you shouldn't show your annoyance.

My own experience with service was with the taxi. I gave the address (written in English and Thai!) to the concierge at the door. When the taxi came, he spoke to the driver in Thai. I assume to tell the driver where I wanted to go. Before I got into the taxi, I asked the concierge again - does the driver know where he's supposed to take me? Yes, he said. Fine. So I got in. And we're off. Then what happens? The driver drives me to the street and asks me where I want to go! The concierge had just told the driver the street name without telling him the full address! And when I tried to show the driver the address (in Thai, mind you!), he refused to look at it. So I ended up having to look for the place on my own and walking to the destination.

I guess the only plus point of this hotel is that it is very new. However, walking in you hardly feel a sense of welcome. It's colourful, tries to be hip, but well...there just seems to be something missing. Like my travel mate commented, "it looks like a high class hostel." Check-in is efficient and yes, you guessed it, cold - here's the key to your room, thank you very much - and you carry your own luggage to your room. The corridor leading to the bedroom has an unpleasant musky smell. The rooms, on the other hand, are sufficiently equipped and comfortable. The coffee machine was nice to have and we had coffee in the room every morning before we went out.

Location-wise, it's off the main Sukhumvit road and there are plenty of restaurants, bars and food hawkers as you walk out on the street. At night, the street is a bustle of activity, so yes, I guess you could say this is a pretty happening area if alcohol and parties are your scene. After all, the famous Bed Supperclub is right opposite the hotel.

After this Aloft experience, I doubt I would choose any other Aloft property to stay in again. It describes itself as a vision of W hotels. Unfortunately I saw it as more of a bad vision.

I was going to give it 3 stars. But because it is didn't live up to being a Starwood property, I marked it down to 2.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AloftBangkokGM, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Lostlikeme,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's never nice to read reviews where our guests experiences have not lived up to their expectations. I was most surprised to read that you saw a member of staff appear annoyed at another guest as this is not characteristic of the Thai culture in any circumstances.

Regarding the taxi driver, unfortunately from time to time there are unscrupulous drivers who do not do what's right or expected. Our Concierge staff are well trained to provide as much detail as possible to taxi drivers to ensure our guests arrive at their required destination. Your comment that the driver refused to look at the address when you arrived at the street, may suggest he was just not interested in assisting you to your destination and quite possibly was given all of the information and just chose to ignore it. In any case, I will reiterate with the Concierge team to ensure as much information as possible is provided.

The Aloft brand is the newest addition to the Starwood Hotels and Resorts with a mid scale positioning. Our vision of W Hotels is often described as "the little sister of W". We offer style at a steal in terms of our product and rates and comparatively the number of staff employed is significantly different to that of the other brands.

Overall, we do aim to provide friendly service with a smile and I would like to apologise for your experiences where you felt this was not the case.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location, room layout, comfort and coffee machine.

Kind regards,

Brendan Daly

Been to Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11? Share your experiences!