“Excellent in every way....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Napa on 26 - CLOSED

Napa on 26
115 Soi Sukhumvit 26, Sukhumvit Road | Nihonmachi Floor 2, Khlongton, Khlongtoey, Bangkok, Thailand
02-2582622
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European, French, International, Californian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent in every way....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We didn't mean to come to this restaurant but given the Friday night traffic we ended up being here. On a Friday night and we were the only customers... it was a bit sad at the start BUT it all changed as the evening moved on....

We sat down for a drink at the bar before dinner. The service was terrific. The barman was very good at asking and suggesting what vodka to use for our drinks. As we were stuck in traffic for so long, we were rather hungry. The olives served with the drinks were yummm and we only said they were so delicious and a bar lady, without being prompted, immediately topped in up again once the plate was empty!

The dinner was great. The starters - corn soup and Hamachi caparccio were both wonderful. The main courses we had the steak and the "today's special" pigeon. I am very particular about my game meat and have to say the pigeon dish was the BEST ever I tasted cooked in a western way (I normally like the HK style roast or soy sauce). We also had wine recommended by the main waiter. He was terrific as not only could he recommend dishes but also wine. He was spot on. He would be someone I usually expect to see in a hotel posh restaurant. He is as good as gold.

I finished off the meal with the caramelized apple. I was so stuffed in the end. By the way, they also serve amuse mouche, sorbet in between courses and the petit fours. The petit fours didn't do it for me as I found them all rather heavy.

All in all, it's a great place and we will certainly head back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Info-Napa, Manager at Napa on 26, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Valued Customers,

Just a brief note to personally thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your recent visit to Napa on 26. We always pride ourselves on doing the best we possibly can for every customer so we feel very proud in knowing by your review, that we are doing it right.

I would like to thank you again for choosing to share your experience with others and we will be looking forward to seeing you back at Napa on 26 in the future.

Culinary regards,
Louis

Hong Kong
“Great food outside 5-star hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor, my husband and I decided to give it a try given the high ratings. The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of a plaza with a few other Japanese restaurants. The service of staff is comparable to restaurants in 5-star hotels. Food was super delicious and presentable. Most importantly, you are getting 5-star service and food quality but paying 4-star prices. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Napa Napa Napa is just crazy crazy crazy fantastic! Delicious food, super value for money and excellent customer service. We thoroughly recommend a visit, you will not regret it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shanghai, China
“Great International Cuisine in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Napa on 26. They have an extensive International menu coupled with a moderate wine list for some wonderful pairing opportunities. If your looking for something outside your typical Thai cuisine, I suggest you visit Napa 26.

Visited April 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Trying too hard, over attentive staff, and overly complex food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Fine dining does not need to be boring, but napa in 26 has made it so. The menu is pretty good, but the service is just too formal an slow. The elevator music makes you want to scream!

Overall it was not a bad food experience, but not somewhere I would return too, especially if you want experience Bangkok.

• Visited April 2013