“nice overnight near airport” 4 of 5 stars

Lilac Relax-Residence
100 Soi Lad Krabang 7, On-nut Lad Krabang Road, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #24 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
minneapolis
“nice overnight near airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I needed a room for a short night. I landed around midnight and was to be picked up around 6 AM. I picked this because it was affordable and near the airport. I was impressed with how nice the hotel was for the money. The room was very nice and the staff was incredibly helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've stayed at several overnight airport hotels in Bangkok and this is by far the best. I will go back to Lilac every time. The complimentary shuttle to and from the airport was great, and since I was arriving late and leaving early they stored some of my luggage downstairs and had it loaded in the van when I came downstairs. Free minibar, good Internet and friendly, helpful staff and a nice, modern room with good hot water that made me wish I were staying longer. I wouldn't change a thing...

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Where shall I start? Service is great, the staff comes to pick you up at the airport and take you back free of charge ( they also took us to a shopping maillot have dinner the night we arrived free of charge too!), The hotel is simple, clean and has lovely hand painted decorations throughout. Breakfast was really good. Really cute and the owner has an amazing attention to details.
It is a real relaxing oasis 10 min away from the airports
I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night; prior to our early flight on December 24th.
This is a nice hotel. The room is good, clean and comfortable with free wifi and with safe,
Staff is very professional, helpful and friendly. Bathroom is very small though so not suitable for really big people.
Free minibar and good transfer to the airport. We didn't have breakfast here.
We hadn't expect much of the area after reading other reviews on Tripadvisor but the area appeared to be nice. The hotel is located near a small canal with on the other side of the canal a tempel, The area is very Thai with very friendly people. It was nice to walk around.
In the evening we found several Thai restaurants closeby and we spent a wonderful evening in one of them. Good food and even a guitarplayer and many dancing and singing Thai people. Our last evering in Thailand was really great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great little spot in Bangkok near the airport. The best parts about staying here: great service, clean comfortable room, free minibar, good cafe across the street.

Service - they picked us up from the airport, provided us with welcome tea upon arrival, brought all bags up to the room, and had a shuttle for us back to the airport in the morning. They were happy to help answer all questions.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Lilac is a small hotel located a few minutes from BKK airport. We chose it to conveniently position ourselves for an early-morning departure.

We got an excellent price for our double room, which was comfortable and clean. They provided a free minibar in the room (couple of drinks and snacks), which was much appreciated.

The hotel provides free transport to/from the airport. We had trouble reaching them on arrival, but the trip back to the airport was on time.

There is a nice little cafe just a minute away from the hotel, which was perfect for dinner.

For a short stay coming off of or going to a flight, the Lilac is an excellent choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had an overnight stopover in Bangkok, and chose Lilac Relax-Residence on the strength of the reviews here.

This hotel definitely stands up to the reviews on Tripadvisor!

Positives:
- As agreed, there was somebody to pick me up from the airport quite late (11.30pm); my flight was also late in arriving too! Airport transfers were efficient and no fuss.
- staff were ready to check me in when I got to the hotel and provided me a cold drink on arrival!
- with the room I booked, the drinks in the fridge were free!
- about a 5-10 minute drive from Suvarnabhumi airport.
- room and bathroom were spotless
- customer service from the staff was outstanding - nothing was too much trouble, and they were super helpful (despite my terrible Thai language skills!).

Negatives: None.

For a short stay/stopover near Suvarnabhumi airport, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Lilac Relax-Residence? Share your experiences!