“Great hardware, average software” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15

You added Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 to your Saves list
Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Sukhumvit 15, Sukhumvit Road | Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #77 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth
“Great hardware, average software”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

There is no denying that the new Four Points by Sheraton in Sukhumvit 15 is visually appealing. The rooms in particular are immaculate, and so they should be considering this hotel opened December 2010. Come sun down, the roof top transforms into a trendy hangout. The F&B offerings, namely BeerVault and Wrapped look great.

But my relatively high expectations were greatly let down. I owe it to the "software" of the hotel.

- The check in was easy enough, however, a welcome or a smile wouldn't go astray.

- My bags only arrived at my room 20 minutes later, after I went down to reception and politely suggested I needed something from them.

- On the first morning, the fire alarm sounded three times. It was remarkably loud (no surprises) there and certainly wasn't welcome when you're asleep at 7.15am. We assumed it was a false alarm. I poked my head out the door and spotted a member of the along the hallway staff furtherest from my room proclaiming "False alarm!". No effort was made to individually inform me, or others. Really not something I was expecting. A little unprofessional, this creates some apprehension about the fire evacuation here.

- I had read about the complimentary tuk-tuk to Asoke BTS, I enquired about it each day for the duration of my stay and was simply told it was out of service. Yes, the skytrain station is a short walk, but once again, I was let down.

- On check out, the staff, once again, simply took my room access cards and asked whether I had consumed anything from the bill. No farewell, no offer of transport and no smiles.

On paper, this hotel looks great. But don't be deceived by the 4 star surroundings, currently, the staff do not offer 4 star service. I'd be willing to stay again when the property is more established. Until then, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and Royal Orchid Sheraton appear to offer better value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

hi,
our stay at four point sheraton was short but quite comfortable.
The hotel is located quite nicely so that one can move around the places nearby comfortably either by sky train or just walk by.
Limited room service menu but i m sure it would increase as more guests keep coming..
Had a good time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

This hotel isnew, with staff that tries hard to please. So the service was good. The rooms were large enough for a 4 star type hotel, and the bathrooms OK. This hotels does not inspire any wow effect, but the the staff was helpfull and friendly, and the litle I used of restaurant was OK.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel. The station was a bit of a walk. The service was great, the hotel is brand new & the price is reasonable. I stayed here for 2 nights & they really have the best service. The water in the bathroom flowed out of the shower & the bathroom was really wet. I called & asked for them to give me more bath mat. The housekeeping called me back to make sure that they have fixed it. The sky bar was a nice place to chill out, what a shame that it was not crowded & there is a lot of mosquito. The price for the drinks was reasonable too.The room comes with breakfast. The breakfast was good, a lot of variety, above expectant for a 4 star hotel. There is no spa facilities in the hotel but they recommended us to go for a massage/spa nearby.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011 via mobile

4*??? should be 10*. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and have never had a better stay then this. We switched rooms 2 times once because of a weird smell and then again because te new room was near the elevator. The staff was extremely friendly and empathized with our request. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2011
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Not a review writer, however, this establishment was sensational. Have stayed in numerous top hotels around the world, never felt compelled to write a review until now. Do yourself a favour if you are staying in Bangkok. New cosmopolitan hotel situated in Sukhumvit 15. Rooms are stunning and well appointed, staff were amazing, decor was distinctly modern and chic, beds were to die for, service fantastic. To add to the experience, this hotel is situated in the midst of Sukhumvit Road and its many sois which are rich in shopping, eating, nightlife with fashionable restaurants, bars, airconditioned malls and is close to BTS Skytrain. Very impressed!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We visited Bangkok to have a look around before relocating there later in the year and were really happy with the hotel. From checking in the staff were helpful and knowledgable. The hotel was clean, spacious and quiet throughout.
We spent time on rooftop pool and, apart from one day where we were disturbed by a photo shoot, we managed to get some much needed, sun and swimming. The bar was nice, comfortable and good service.
We were looking for a reputable spa to get a Thai massage and the concierge was most helpful and organised the hotel tuktuk to take us down the road to a fabulous place and the massage was lovely.
Whilst chatting to the staff we mentioned that we were relocating and they were all so helpful giving infomation regarding living costs, etc. The GM, Janet MacNab, invited us for drinks one evening and gave us a lot of advice also. I think she's done a fantastic job since the opening of the hotel makin it a safe friendly environment right in the heart of Sukhumvit, which can be quite intiidating to someone who's never been before.
The food in the bar and restaurant was good albeit a little repetitive at breakfast. A few more cereal options would be great too.
There was tea and coffee facilities in the room but unfortunately no milk (being English that's quite important!!! haha).
The bakery is well worth a visit!!!
I'd definitely visit again and when we h
ave relocated I think I'll be getting visiting friends and relatives rooms at the Four Points.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15? Share your experiences!