There is no denying that the new Four Points by Sheraton in Sukhumvit 15 is visually appealing. The rooms in particular are immaculate, and so they should be considering this hotel opened December 2010. Come sun down, the roof top transforms into a trendy hangout. The F&B offerings, namely BeerVault and Wrapped look great.
But my relatively high expectations were greatly let down. I owe it to the "software" of the hotel.
- The check in was easy enough, however, a welcome or a smile wouldn't go astray.
- My bags only arrived at my room 20 minutes later, after I went down to reception and politely suggested I needed something from them.
- On the first morning, the fire alarm sounded three times. It was remarkably loud (no surprises) there and certainly wasn't welcome when you're asleep at 7.15am. We assumed it was a false alarm. I poked my head out the door and spotted a member of the along the hallway staff furtherest from my room proclaiming "False alarm!". No effort was made to individually inform me, or others. Really not something I was expecting. A little unprofessional, this creates some apprehension about the fire evacuation here.
- I had read about the complimentary tuk-tuk to Asoke BTS, I enquired about it each day for the duration of my stay and was simply told it was out of service. Yes, the skytrain station is a short walk, but once again, I was let down.
- On check out, the staff, once again, simply took my room access cards and asked whether I had consumed anything from the bill. No farewell, no offer of transport and no smiles.
On paper, this hotel looks great. But don't be deceived by the 4 star surroundings, currently, the staff do not offer 4 star service. I'd be willing to stay again when the property is more established. Until then, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and Royal Orchid Sheraton appear to offer better value.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 Hotel Bangkok