“Good all round” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KC Place City Center

You added KC Place City Center to your Saves list
KC Place City Center
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   178 / 35 Ratchaprarop Rd Soi 5 | Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand (Formerly KC Place Serviced Apartment)   |
Ranked #105 of 564 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good all round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is very well located, right at the cemtre of Bangkok city.
The hotel staff are friendly and accomodating and are willing to help as much as possible where they can.

The hotel is also very conveniently (less than 5 minutes walk) located by the airport bts sky train. This is very easy to find. A taxi can be arranged to mbk for very small fee.

The rooms are large enough to accommodate two people and the bathroom is adequate.

There is free wifi and aircon is fantastic.
Overall stay: Good -I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
KC_Place, General Manager at KC Place City Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Saul T,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at KC PLACE.

We are very delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and recommended us on Tripadvisor.

We hope to you will choose to stay with us again for your future stay in Bangkok.

Best regards,

KC PLACE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I highly recommend KC Place to my family and friends. I stayed at Baiyoke Boutique in 2011 and this time I chose KC Place. Location is almost the same, as KC Place has a shortcut through the bus station to reach Pratunam market area. It's just a 2 minutes walk.
I like the staffs and receiptionist at KC Place. They are so courteous and helpful. The receptionist lady speaks good English and were very helpful and directed us the way to our destination. She always reminded us to be careful with our bags!
Room is big for the 3 of us, with enough space to put our luggages and shopping rewards!
Toilet is clean too. Bed is comfortable to me.
Good security system! We have to scan the room card at the door before the lift.

Good choice for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at the Restaurant at KC Place! We had 2 breakfast meals and 2 dinners there. Pad Thai, Som tam, green curry chicken, pineapple fried rice, all these never dissapoint us.
Do order their fresh fruit juices too!

Massage is just next to the restaurant. Reasonable pricing and experience masseurs. Clean and comfortable too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Im not quite sure how to rate this hotel.

its cheap, accessible by train, walking distance to platinum mall, and the restaurant at the hotel is reasonably priced and tasted pretty good. There's also a massage parlour just downstairs.

It being a budget hotel means you really need to adjust your expectation. It's located in a back alley so do move around in a group. The walls are thin and anyone walking by or talking (normal volume) can be a nuisance (I'm sure we were too to some extent).

Would I stay here again? I'm really not sure. It's not too bad a place to stop by but I might try others next time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great value, friendly staffs, able to communicate in English, security, wifi & location, but needs improvement on cleanness, I stayed 2 nights here from Nov 8 to 9,2013 the room full of terrible Indian odor :( highly suggested to check the room before move in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

A very efficient stay. I just had one night here during a lay over between my flights. The place is very very easy to find as it is just under the Airport Link (2nd station from Phaya Thai). The check in process was efficient however i was made to wait until 2pm before they can check me in. This was okay given that it is what they advertised anyway.

The room is small however appeared clean and had all the things you need including hair dryer and shower gel etc. I do have to agree with some of the other reviews that the climb up to the lifts is a real hassle especially if you have a lot of luggage to carry. But overall, room condition is good and nothing to complain about given the price I paid.

The massage that was advertised on the lift appear to be super cheap. Only 200 baht for an hour and 169 during happy hour (11-5pm). Dirty cheap prices in the heart of Bangkok. I didn't try but for that price, it cant be that bad I'm sure.

Location of hotel is good as I mentioned earlier. Very close and easy to hop on the airport link. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to CentralWorld and even shorter to Platinium and Pantip Plaza. The closet station is the airport link but if you're in for a walk, then Chid Lom is reasonably close. The walk is along the main road so no safety concerns.

I was very happy with the stay given the price paid (1200 THB).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KC_Place, Manager at KC Place City Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Youers_aus,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay at KC Place.

We are very glad you had a nice although short stay.
We feel honored to be complimented by a senior reviewer who traveled over 147 cities.

We hope that during your next visit to Bangkok you will opt to stay with us again and try the massage service.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was here with a group of friends during March 2013. It was recommended by my friend and I decided to check it out after reading the reviews.

Hotel was very accessible my the airport train station. We took the train to and fro the airport. Walk was approx 10 min from hotel. Pavement is slightly bumpy, so beware if you have plenty luggage.

Hotel was comfortable and clean to stay in. Staff was polite and efficient. Security was good too, as guests have to tap in using the hotel card in order to access the lift up the rooms.

My friends and I were satisfied with our stay. I recommended the hotel twice to two different groups of people and they were also back with a happy vacation. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MellyFootPrints,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay at KC Place.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your last trip in March, it is a great honor being referred to your friends and family.

We will do our best to keep our high standard in service and satisfy you and your friends

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Room quality was good except a little bit tiny shower room. The apartment's price quite high compare to many places nearby. The apartment is located near Airport link Ratchaprarop and Pratunam shopping area. Downstair have massafe shop and restaurant that serve Thai food. Owner can speak good English and chinese.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear PalmySmileMania,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay at KC Place.

We hope you enjoyed your stay last February and will choose to stay with us again

KC Place

Been to KC Place City Center? Share your experiences!