“It was better before” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde & Seek Gastro Bar

Hyde & Seek Gastro Bar
65/1 Athenee Residence, | Soi Ruamrudee, Wireless Road, Ploenchit, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #493 of 7,810 restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
“It was better before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Was there a couple of times last year and really enjoyed it, had a great meal and an excellent cocktail by some Swedish guy that was behind the bar, and the vibe was fun and energetic. But on my most recent visit I was not as impressed, the general energy and vibe of the place has dropped a few notches... I still enjoyed my visit, though the food I thought was a little neglected. Nevertheless I hope it was a "bad day" only and that it bounces back to how it was on my first few experiences.

Will I go back? Yes, but not in a hurry.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Dark and not good atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've only been one for a cocktail, but i felt sick because it was too dark, it was a small room and felt very cramped, but the cocktails were good a bit pricey and service was good

Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Best Burgers in Thailand!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have lived in Thailand for 10 years now and being a burger aficionado, I am always searching for the perfect cheeseburger. I know that burgers can be a very personal thing, but to my taste the Hyde and Seek cheeseburger is the best I have found anywhere in this country!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jersey City, NJ
“Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After spending over 2 weeks in Thailand, I was searching for something with a more Western flavor on a Friday night. This place hit the spot. It could have been straight out of NYC, but the prices were way less. I had two cocktails, both wonderfully prepared. It has been my experience thus far that Thai bartenders are light on the pour, as it is extremely expensive for importing liquor.

I sat at the bar for my dinner, as I was alone, but typically my favorite place to sit to watch all the drink making action. I did however have a waiter, who was attentive and friendly.

I had the Caesar salad and the pork belly. Both delicious but I was a little over porked, because the salad had pork lardons and then of course pork belly was a whole lot of pork and very little brussel sprouts (which is the side dish marked on the menu for this meal).

Too full for desert, I was feeling indulgent and chose a cigar and a beer to round off my night. The inside and outside seating was lively, which was good for people watching. The blend was Thai locals out of a night on the town and foreign tourists/business people.

At the very least, pop in for a drink. You won't be disappointed.

I had the ceasar salad and the pork belly. Both delishous but I was a little over porked, because the salad had pork lardons and then of course pork belly was a whole lot of pork and very little brussel sprouts (which is the side dish marked on the menu for this meal).

Too full for desert, I was feeling indulgent and chose a cigar and a beer to round off my night. The inside and outside seating was lively, which was good for people watching. The blend was Thai locals out of a night on the town and foreign tourists/business people, like myself.

At the very least, pop in for a drink. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Yokohama, Japan
“Amazing food and drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I highly recommend hitting this place if your in the City of Angels. Wonderful food, drinks and music with indoor or outdoor seating. I recommend trying the Wagu burger. OMG amazing...

Visited January 2013