“Insightful Bangkok Tour with Great Local Private Guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Private Tour Guide

Thai Private Tour Guide
1026/240 Lumpini Park View | Rama 4 Road, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Sathorn)
+66 81 860 9159
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #2 of 357 activities in Bangkok
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Private tour guide & business assistant in Bangkok. Whatever you are looking for Holiday or Business. We will accompany, navigate, translate and keep your holiday or business trouble-free.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Lucerne, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
“Insightful Bangkok Tour with Great Local Private Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We booked a private tour with this company in December 2010. As we only had a very limited time in Bangkok we wanted to make sure we got a good flavour of the city and would not miss out on some of the main attaractions. For only THB 2'000 (+entry fees and longtailboat rental of approx. THB 1'900 for 2 pax) we were assigned a knowledegable tour guide who spoke English well and provided us with a very insightful tour of the following:

- The Royal Grand Palace
- The Royal Temple (Wat Phra Kaew, The Temple of the Emerald Buddha)
- Wat Pho (The Temple of The Reclining Buddha)
- Canal tour, Private Long Tail Boat
- Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn)

We were extremely happy with the professionalism starting from very quick replies to our initial enquiries, throught to the assigned tour guide reconfirming our booking one day in advance by leaving a message in the hotel and the actual tour itself. Our guide, Miss Mee, was punctual, knowledgable and a joy to be with. Not only did she take us to the main attractions mentioned above but also provides us with many insights into Thai Culture and the Thai capital, which made the tour ever so more valuable. We would highly recommend to book a tour with Thai Private Tour Guide!

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Best thing we did in Bangkok! Chob is a 5+ tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

We've just gotten back from two weeks in Thailand (December, 2010) and by far one of the highlights was our one day tour with Chob. I've used TripAdvisor many times to get other people's reviews, but I've never felt compelled to take the time to right my own...until now. Chob's service is so exemplary, I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to let others know about it. He is highly professional, emailing promptly whenever we had questions leading up to our trip. He was very prompt in picking us up at our hotel, and had a detailed agenda for our day.

He is also completely flexible - willing to customize our day based on the things we wanted to see, and ideas he had on how to make the most of our time in Bangkok. We went on numerous tours while in Thailand, and Chob's mastery of the English language was the best of any. He was able to explain everything we wanted to know, take us everywhere we wanted to go, and showed a genuine pleasure in making us happy. He clearly has a lot of passion for what he does, and for his amazing city and country.

We were able to accomplish so many things with Chob, that we felt really relaxed for the rest of our time in Bangkok, since we knew we had seen all the main highlights. He brought a unique perspective and great historic insights to everything we saw, which made each of them much more interesting. At our request, he also took us to several local Thai markets and food stops that were off the traditional tourist trail, which we loved. The vegetable market, for instance, was really interesting, and not something we would have thought to see.

My wife and I really enjoyed our time with Chob, not only as a guide, but as a person. He's incredibly friendly, very well traveled, knowledgeable about many cultures, and a really affable guy who we wish we had more time to get to know. Do your self a favor - if you are going to Bangkok, make sure you spend a day with Chob, it will be time very well spent (and his fee is really reasonable).

Chicago, IL
“Best day in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I was so impressed with this tour group. Between interacting over e-mail with Chob and then spending the day with Mee for the tour, everything was perfect. My husband and I had worked with 7 different guides over the course of our month long trip to Bali and Bangkok and this was our best experience.

Chob was very quick to reply over e-mail, sent a detailed and customized itinerary based on what I wanted to see, and even attached a few helpful word documents with tips for Bangkok, eating recommendations, etc.

Mee was such a pleasure to spend the day with. My husband ended up being sick that day, so it was just me and her and it ended up being my favorite day in Bangkok. We got to see some off-the-beaten path spots that I enjoyed in addition to the main sites. She really brought Bangkok to life with her descriptions and explanations of things.

My only regret was that we booked the trip on our last day in Bangkok. I would highly recommend booking them for one of your first days there. It is so much more relaxing and such a more rich experience than when we tried to figure out everything on our own for the four days prior.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Chob is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

Chob was a great tour guide for our family. I e-mailed him with details about what our family was interested in seeing in Bangkok, and he got back to me with an itinerary and suggestions. We had a great time taking in the sights and learning about Thailand's history from Chob! I would definitely use him again and will recommend him to any family and friends that are planning on going to Bangkok. It really took a lot of stress off of me knowing that Chob had all the logistics taken care of.

Stuttgart, Germany
“Sawadee ka from germany to thailand / Trip to Ayutthaya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Dear Chob,

late but not forgotten, we want to say thank you again for the great trip.
Thank you for the perfect organization and execution and the deep insight into the old Siam and present-day Thailand.

Thank you for your hospitality, we recommend to our friends like you and new prospects