“An amazing stay in Bangkok!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower Club at Lebua

You added Tower Club at Lebua to your Saves list
Tower Club at Lebua
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   State Tower 1055/42 Silom Road | Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
BOOK NOW-From US$176
Ranked #57 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“An amazing stay in Bangkok!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

From the moment I contacted Lebua about making a reservation, I knew I was in for a treat. They were prompt with a response and excited to help me out in any way they could. We got a bit nervous with the current state of affairs, but they quickly assured us that we would be fine and while there, we did not notice much about the protests.

It takes a long time to get to Bangkok and Tower Club at Lebua was our first stop in the distant country. Jet lagged and fueled by excitement, we were eagerly greeted by the same excitement at 3:00am by the gentleman who checked us in. He spoke wonderful English and made my wife and I feel right at home.

We had a corner suite on the 57th Floor. The room was extremely comfortable and had a lot of room, which was welcomed after having been cooped up on a plane for an eternity. The room was quiet at night, but we could hear slight muffled chatter through the walls of the bathroom in the morning, but it was hardly noticeable. The room had two balconies with stunning views of both Bangkok and the Chao Phraya River.

They provided the room with multiple bottles of drinking water daily, free of charge, which proudly touted Lebua’s name on the side of the bottle. TIP: If you walk around with these on the street, you become an easy target for scammers (we learned the hard way). Just take the labels off before you leave the hotel and they wont think twice.

The breakfast that is included in our room at Mozu was amazing. They had breakfasts from different nationalities from around the world. It was enjoyable trying everything they had to offer and I found myself eating maki and seaweed salad daily for breakfast.

My wife and I both visited the spa together and we had different packages, “Jet Lag Recovery” & “Magic Touch,” both of which left us feeling refreshed after our long journey. They offer a cool juice before you go in and a warm cup of tea after you are done. We were both in the same room and the masseuses were professional and very strong.

We used the business center to ship a package home and they were very helpful and stayed past their closing time to complete the task with us. At times we found ourselves lost in translation, but we ended up laughing and having a good time figuring it out. I’m happy to report everything made it back to our home safe! Also, in the business center we noticed a private conference table with projector capabilities and several free computer cubicles.

We also arranged a transfer to and from the hotel in one of their private limos. The driver was waiting for us at Suvarnabhumi Airport and quickly got us to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning. The car had free Lebua bottled water waiting for us and a wide selection newspapers and magazines for the ride.

We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok. The rates were very fair and the hotel was clean, classy, and eager to assist you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marco M, General Manager at Tower Club at Lebua, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Palmtreetheory,

Thank you very much for feedback following your recent stay at Tower Club at lebua and for highlighting so many positive experiences from arrival until departure.

We truly appreciate your valuable comments and are happy to know that you and your partner have enjoyed every moment of your stay with us and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Marco Metge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Terrible service. 40 minutes to check in. Couldn't use MasterCard debit to secure room as they wanted to take 10000 baht a night in case we went to the spa. Unbelievable! Rooms were tired and in need of updates carpet filthy. The lifts take forever to come because of the tourists going to the top floor. Staff in the club floor were the only saving grace. Great Margherita. I wouldn't recommend this hotel save your money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Liscur,

First of all thank you very much for your feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable comments from your most recent stay with us.

We do take deposit upon arrival for extras and would normally block the money on a Credit Card. Unfortunately debit cards can only be charged but no deposit can be blocked. I have spoken to the team again to ensure that they always offer to use a Credit Card.

Please do except my sincere apology for all inconvenience this experience has caused you.

We have also noted your comments about the room decor and the elevators and will look into both issues.

We do hope that you give us another chance and we would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel to showcase the service lebua Hotels & Resorts are well known for.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at Tower Club Lebua for 2 nights 22/23 December and the experience was a little underwhelming. Yes, Sky Bar is amazing, the service in Tower Club and the breakfast buffet were great but the rooms are tired and dated and lacking in the sense of luxury expected from a 5* hotel.

Given the price is comparable to other Riverside hotels such as Shangri-La, Annantara or Chatrium, we wouldn't stay at Lebua again. It was also very disappointing not to be advised on check in that a hold of 25 000 THB would be put on my credit card - this could pose an issue to people if they weren't made aware of it.

Dear Maidlin,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and for your positive comments about the Skybar, the Tower Club service and the breakfast. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback.

We are in the process of planning a refurbishment of our hotel in the next months which will give our rooms a fresh design and touch.

We normally do explain the deposit policy upon arrival. This did not happen and for this shortcoming in service I would like to apologize in the name of the hotel.

We do hope that you give us another chance and we would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel to showcase the service and product lebua Hotels & Resorts are well known for.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite with amazing river views on the 56th floor over Christmas. Initially the check in was so slow (3pm) after that it was first class service. The room was amazing and very spacious. The lounge has great service and fantastic staff. I have a couple of complaints. If I am paying a lot of money to stay somewhere I shouldn't have to queue for a lift to our floor and when I tried to move in front of tourists/backpackers I was rudely told by the staff to wait in the queue. 9 of us dined at the Scirroco, watch the water ($100 for 5 bottles) the food was really good and the service great. Just ask them to stop pouring water, we were water logged! After our meal which was expensive we tried to take a photo of our family group at the top of the stairs with the city in the background only to be told, very rudely again, that we weren't allowed. As guests we had to adhere to their clothing regulations, shouldn't this apply to the tourists because a lot of the time it didn't? Breakfast was great and with a huge variety. Would I choose this hotel again? Can they improve their lift service and how they speak to inhouse guests at both the lift and Scirroco, maybe. I have stayed in 5 star hotels with far superior service and payed a lot less, I have also backpacked!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear EilidhCKK,

Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your valuable comments and will definitely look into all points mentioned by you.

lebua Hotels and Resorts prides itself in offering our guests a comfortable, relaxing environment and staff that are attentive and helpful. Feedback such as yours is crucial to us, in order to continually improve the service we provide.

I was dismayed to read that we fell short in our service delivery, as this is not indicative of our usual standards. Especially the way our colleagues talked to you did not follow the normal standards.

We did change our queuing system and give priority to our in house guests especially during the busy weeks over Christmas and New Year. Due to the privacy of our dining guests we only allow picture taking form certain areas in our restaurants. To ensure that our staff talks in the right way we also started additional language training for our team.

Please do accept my sincere apology for all inconvenience this experience has caused you and rest assured that your comments have already been addressed with the respective Managers for immediate improvement and to avoid similar shortcomings in the future.

I do hope you will give us another chance and we can welcome you and your family again in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance to you.

In the meantime I remain with kind regards

Brighton-Le-Sands, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights over the new year 2013/14. I booked a 1 bedroom Tower club suite looking over the river. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We arrive at around 10am, well before check-in time and were greeted by the staff who stored our bags until the room was ready. We received a call about an hour later to say the room was ready. Room was spacious, clean and had wonderful views from the balcony. Staff would come by every afternoon to check if we needed anything topped up ie. toiletries, towels, water etc. room service was beautiful, we even ordered a home delivery pizza which the room service staff brang to the room with plates and cutlery! Buffet breakfast was catered to every taste you could think of, Western, Thai, Japanese, Middle Eastern. Staff are so friendly and welcoming. The rooms were cleaned to perfection each day, nothing is too much trouble here. The fireworks show on new year was the best view from the suite. I really was sad to leave the hotel and I am looking forward to coming back next time I am in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Erinn C,

Thank you very much for your review about Tower Club at lebua.

The whole team is delighted to read your positive comments and it is great to see that you enjoyed our service and our hotel.

We all look forward of welcoming you back to our hotel during your future travels to Bangkok and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if we can do anything to make your stay even more comfortable.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stay here for a few days over new year and as far as the comfort, standard and service goes, this is a top tip with tge added bonus of amazing river views from high up.

The club lounge is an added treat at level 52 which caters a wide selection of delicious drinks and snacks until 6.00pm. Than this turns in another pretentious restaurant. see my review of skybar.

The experience of a decent 5 star hotel is than dampened by the fact that tower club guests must share the public lifts to the roof top tourist attractions. Due to the infamous reputation of Sky Bar, in some suitably named movie, the hordes of sightseeing tourist make going up and down from your suites a time consuming effort.

At ground level is some priority enforced, but once up at the club lounge, or your floor, it becomes a challenge. The stairs are no options as the doors lock you out!!!

The staff is curteous, but mostly overpowered in dealing with day tourists treating the house and its bars as a tourist sight and actual guests. Not the luxury experienced we are used in Asian 5 stars.

The comfort and priority experienced as a traveller in other towers or tower clubs etc is non existing at Lebua. A shame at the price and what the hotel COULD offer.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear l_laurentius,

Thank you very much for your review about Tower Club at lebua and your positive comments about the comfort, standard and the service delivered.

You are right we were overwhelmed with the number of people over Christmas and New Year who visited our Skybar. Our aim is always to prioritize Hotel guests in the elevators and for the fact that we failed during your visit I would like to apologize in the name of the hotel.

Our security team who is manning the elevator has been advised again not to fill the elevator on the ground or top floor to ensure that our guests on the floors in the middle have space to use the lifts.

Thank you again for all your comments and we hope to welcome you and your friends again to our hotel.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am staying at this hotel at present until 2 January. It is amazing, the staff are so friendly. We have just returned to our suite on 57th floor from the Distil bar, what a fantastic evening, the views are spectacular, great atmosphere, excellent staff. The suites are so spacious and comfortable. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, it's a must if you visit Bangkok. Thank you Lebua for making my stay so perfect.

Room Tip: 57th floor with river view