“Comfy hotel and really good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Bangkok

You added The St. Regis Bangkok to your Saves list
The St. Regis Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159, Rajadamri Road | Lumpini Sub-District, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #41 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Comfy hotel and really good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. Service was great and the view is excellent. How can you find another hotel in the busy city of BKK with such an open and green view to the golf course? Besides, it is so close to the BTS station and we did not need to worry about getting wet at all even under the very strong rain every evening! I have forgotten to print out my transport vouchers and my butler said she would take the printer up to my room for printing! How nice! Unfortunately, I need to use the computer as well, so I went straight down to their business centre and they just allowed me to print the stuff out for free. That said, my butler did not provide any tea/coffee service to us in the morning, may be because we have put up the 'do not disturb' sign. Still, I love this hotel. On comparing this with other riverfront hotels, the pool in St Regis is a bit smaller. This is a trade off for the convenience to downtown city centre. I have resided in Shangri-La and the Sheraton before, they are equally good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Phoebe L,

Allow me to thank you for the lovely words of praise expressed in your comment, memorable experiences like yours are what make our job worthwhile!

My team and I are delighted to hear you have cherished not only the unique location of The St. Regis Bangkok, splendid views and spacious rooms, but also the signature Butler service that always strives to go the extra mile for our valuable guests – only some of the factors contributing to St. Regis Bangkok holding the title of “The Best Address” in The City of Angels!

Thank you once again for your support to our cause, we are indeed looking forward to welcoming you in not so distant future!

Should you decide to visit us again and require any additional arrangements, I would be beyond happy to personally assist you.

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent stay with my wife in May 2013 for 3 nights. I'm a regular visitor to Bangkok and can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Prior to this stay, I have stayed at the Intercontinental and the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit hotels on many many occasions. The St. Regis is superior to both of these options across all areas. The pool area is one of the highlights and provides a much needed escape from the sweltering Bangkok heat. Also, the St. Regis residences available for purchase (upper floors of hotel) would be a worthy contender for anyone considering permanent relocation to Bangkok.

Positive:
- Opulent new rooms with beautiful, functional, fit out.
- Amazing tea menu (very much appreciated by my wife).
- Very professional team with impeccable english.
- Spectacular views of the Bangkok sports club.
- Refreshing infinity pool with very private sun lounge configuration.
- Very good gym (up to 40 KG dumbbells from memory).
- Butler service.
- Housemade iced tea and cocktails at the pool bar are delicious.
- Extensive, well selected wine menu (ask for the full wine menu at the pool bar - Cloudy Bay = 6900++).

Please note: the improvements mentioned below are provided as guidance to the hotel, in the interest of further improving the experience and in no way derogate from the overall outstanding experience provided by St. Regis Bangkok.

Suggested improvements:

- Room service portion sizes were well below the size offered by comparable hotels in Thailand (particularly considering that both my wife and I consume relatively small portions) - improvement required.
- The beer menu is very poor for hotels of this calibre (three beers on the menu were not available) - improvement and additional selection required as soon as possible.
- Wi-fi should be included in the price of room (SPG members at minimum) - Starwood issue, not isolated to St. Regis.
- Long stay rates for returning customers - Attempted to book a 14 night stay in Feb 2014, however, was advised that long stay rates are not available at this hotel - will likely be reverting to Intercontinental again this time.

Recommendations for travellers:

- Direct your taxi to the Four Seasons Hotel (located next door) then as you approach advise the driver to proceed to the next hotel (St. Regis is a new brand in Thailand and relatively unknown to taxi drivers).
- Check out Nara @ Siam Central and the food court in Siam Paragon.
- The upper level of Siam Central houses gourmet market liquor store providing an extensive selection of wine and beer available for purchase (over $3K baht = free delivery)
- Use the BTS

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear mrcharters,

Allow me to thank you for what is probably one of the most comprehensive reviews I have seen on Tripadvisor, your worlds truly mean the world to my team and I!

Sharing memorable moments with our valuable guests and taking part in your lasting, unforgettable experiences is what we, at The St. Regis Bangkok, constantly strive towards, and knowing we have just accomplished that during your stay with us makes our job worthwhile.
It sounds like you have been pampered throughout your visit, and have appreciated not only what we are best known for, our signature Butler Service, but also the details – fresh, house made ice teas enjoyed by the sun deck, waking up to the view of Bangkok temples and skyscrapers, and the friendly smiles of our greatest asset – our people.

I would also like to thank you for sharing some constructive feedback with us, please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the rest of my team, and will be taken into consideration by our management. Regarding your stay next year, it would be a real shame to lose such a valuable guest, thus please allow our Sales Department to contact you in near future and offer you the best possible package before making your final decision.

Thank you again for choosing The St. Regis Bangkok, we would love to get a chance to pamper you in the future!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Dear Samuel.

Thank you very much for making our staying so special and memorable. I have not yet stayed in any other 5 Star in Bangkok, but after your hotel experience, I don't think I need to bother. Your staff are truly wonderful, well spoken, food superb, beautiful decor, and located very conveniently to major attractions. Very nice to meet you in person.

Michael & Ellen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Ellen and Michael,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The St. Regis Bangkok and provide us your positive feedback on tripadvisor.com.

Indeed, we are much honored to receive "Ultimate 5 star" from you to described our hotel and service. Your lovely comments have been shared with the team and we are very excited to look forward of your return.

Please do let us know should you plan to return to Thailand, it would be our pleasure to welcoming you back at the Best Address in Bangkok.

North Pole, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a Metropolitan Suite and had an excellent time. We were a little concerned about the 'limited view', but that was absolutely fine. The suite was very spacious with high quality finishings and a very comfortable bed.
The thing that stands out at the St Regis is the staff, who all try to add the little personal touch. For example one evening we did the Seafood buffet, which was very good. The next morning at breakfast one of the staff offered us to get some more sashimi that we enjoyed the evening before, which was very nice.
If I had one thing to comment, it's that the main restaurant VIU is too bright light and busy. Other than that I can only recommend this hotel.....it's a great addition to the Bangkok hotel scene.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear MOZBOB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The St. Regis Bangkok and provide us with some constructive feedback which will certainly aid us in enhancing our service.

All your lovely comments have been share with the team and thank you for recognizing their great work, especially Viu staffs go beyond their duties to make your experience incredible. Like we all said...no matter who we are, "we're all St Regis Butler" in creating the legancy

We are looking forward to your return, hoping we will get to pamper you in the future! Should you require any further assistance, I would be more than happy to personally assist you.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Here make me feel like home, thanks all staffs who make my stay wonderful especially Butler. Butler make me a beverage morning that is great. I have more time to shopping because they provide me a packing service. Pool is very sexy and staffs are kind to me.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear XxzanoVa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the extraordinary experience you had at The St. Regis Bangkok, your kind words are highly appreciated!

We take pride in our Signature Butler Service and are delighted you have got to have a taste of the bespoke, caring service provided by our staff! My team and I are happy to have made you “feel like home” and remain confident we will get to welcome you in near future!

Should you require any arrangements on you future stay, I would be beyond happy to personally assist you.

Best regards,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I forgot how great St. Regis hotels are, this was a nice reminder.

This property fully delivers on the level of quality and experience you'd expect from a luxury hotel. I stayed on this same trip at Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, and even though that's usually my favorite brand I might have liked this a little better. Room, pool, gym, and restaurant were all great experiences. The room especially was beautiful, super comfortable, stylish, and I wanted to live in it which is always a good sign. Location was awesome especially if you want to be able to walk to restaurants and shopping.

Really wasn't much of a downside. In terms of comparable experiences in Bangkok the only problem I had was staff wasn't quite as fluent in English as at other places. Of course I know I'm in Thailand and walking into a situation where people won't/shouldn't have to speak the best English. But since it's an American brand with a lot of English speaking guests, there's a couple key positions that need to be clearly understandable - like concierge, etc.

This is really a minor point though and didn't interfere with a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear demarcate,

Allow me to thank you for your support to The St. Regis Bangkok, your extensive review full of words of praise, but also constructive criticism means the world to us!

We are delighted to hear you have appreciated our spacious, tastefully furnished rooms, as well as the modern pool, well-equipped fitness center and the location – all the factors contributing to making The St. Regis “The Best Address” in Bangkok!
Your constructive feedback has been shared with the rest of my tea who highly appreciate your comments. In the meantime, please rest assured that we are constancy striving towards improvements, and that our efforts encompass compulsory English lessons for our non-native English speakers.

Thank you again for your time, we remain hopeful we will get to pamper you in near future!

Best regards,

Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to St.Regis,Bangkok last month, 21-24 of May. With two of my friends.It was a business and vacation trips for us.The moment I stepped into the hotel, one word for it awesome!We booked one bedroom Suite.I found the has this "welcoming atmosphere".The staff is very friendly and helpful.(Help me to make a confirmation with my river cruise tour).One thing I love the most about St Regis is their butler's service.You can order tea in the middle of a night, coffee early in the mornung and they will send it to you anytime you want, 24 hours.You can asked the butler to iron your shirt, polish your shoes.Our butler , James is very helpful.Access to the train station is very convenience.You don' t have to get out from the hotel, just went to 2nd floor , its direct access to the train.Siam Paragon, a shopping mall is just a station away.Looking forward to stay at St Regis again.

Room Tip: Our one bedroom suite has nice view, looking towards the golf course,and you can see the city from o...